Narrow gauge screenshots

Here is a shot of my Train
My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Guys

All the locos and stock are very much WIP's at the moment, my target has been to create models that could/would run on Vern's route and their drawbar load, weight and power was not a factor I considered. I will quite happily modify the configs if given the desired changes.

I must confess, I have always treated Trainz as an oversized model railway with simple speed control and no power limit or weight. I only add a weight value because it is required. However I quite understand the desire for greater performance accuracy and will do what I can to go the extra mile if given the requirements, or plug in a modified config.txt.

A challenge for you, Bob. The diesels have a 4 speed gear box, can you accommodate that? That means that I would to include some form of driver instrumentation and control and honestly, I'm not sure about that. Please assume an automatic gearbox which should be possible to code. Do you have the necessary details?

Peter

I've asked this question elsewhere and not received a reply , so I expect the answer is in the negative, but has anyone any knowledge of the existence of an asset of railway worker holding a token to pass to the driver on a single line route? If one doesn't exist I am surprised , but then there's a dearth of railway worker models that are suitable for earlier eras , I'm fed up with all theses hi vis modern examples , I'm looking for something from the 1930s, preferably US costume.

I'm told that the LMS Potteries Loop Line payware has a fully operational token system. I have not been willing to spend the money to find out how it works since I'm on a limited income.

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?114232-LMS-Potteries-Loop-Line-(UK)

I'm told that the LMS Potteries Loop Line payware has a fully operational token system. I have not been willing to spend the money to find out how it works since I'm on a limited income.

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?114232-LMS-Potteries-Loop-Line-(UK)
it looks good, but it's about $45 oz which is a lot to see if the token system could be used and since its payware I would not be able to include it in a freeware route anyway. It's one to remember tho and thanks for the heads up.

Last edited:
What about what was used for the TGR Fingal Branch? Electric token and wooden staffs with Train Orders

Tom

I've asked this question elsewhere and not received a reply , so I expect the answer is in the negative, but has anyone any knowledge of the existence of an asset of railway worker holding a token to pass to the driver on a single line route? If one doesn't exist I am surprised , but then there's a dearth of railway worker models that are suitable for earlier eras , I'm fed up with all theses hi vis modern examples , I'm looking for something from the 1930s, preferably US costume.

Last edited:
What about what was used for the TGR Fingal Branch? Electric token and wooden staffs with Train Orders

Tom

Cheers Tom, unfortunately its the wrong sort of staff, the Uintah used the hoop sort of token . However thanks for drawing my attention to this route, I must investigate the Fingal line, it looks like fun !

Some screenshots of the 600mm and 375mm lines from the Dearnby & District v2.0 'Trainspotter Session', now on the DLS:

CCE71Qi.jpg
[/IMG]
PPvGmWM.jpg
[/IMG]
R6yHQ0t.jpg
[/IMG]
uQu9iQM.jpg
[/IMG]

Ok Just a Bit of fun for myself mostly ... a Fell Version of the line Very hard Centre rail as another Rail had to lay next to original straighten section that needed it and shift move to correct position ... found in my backup disks from the old New Zealand Trainz Site , H class loco had to change the engine spec to the NZR F class loco, Rail from same site and have a few other items as well.

From Wikipedia
There was 6 of these NZR H Class Fell locos built by Avonside Engine co. in 1875 and Neilson & Co in 1886 that worked the Rimutaka Incline they needed to change the brake shoes that gripped the centre rail after each trip

Top speed 15mph (24KPH) but never run over 6.4 - 9.7KPH on accending the incline 10MPH (16KPH)
199, 201-4 2/56 dismantled line 3/56 towed to Silverstream yard and scrapped except 199 that was later donated to town of Featherston after being stored for 3 years at Hutt Workshops , 200 out of service earlier due to boiler problems

Tom

Last edited:
Tokens on the Clearlake Lumber Co. Ry.

#12 receives the token for the lower track section.

#12 approaches the top of the lower section and the station master receives the middle lower section token from #3.

#12 exchanges the lower section token for the middle lower section token

#12 proceeds to the next section.

#3 receives the lower section token.

Thanks again Ray! :D

new work on the Uintah .Now apologies in advance to Mr Bentien ( who doesn't like me using any non Uintah engines) , but remember this is a FANTASY section and

this engine is exclusively used between Wendella to Bonanza and was bought in the 1930s to cater for extra traffic.
eyArIq4.jpg

S2pE1rn.jpg

NhYJAA7.jpg

view of the section to Dragon, much of which is still to be completed

I'm getting cabin fever just working on the Uintah, so I've decided to dedicate one day a week to revamping the Timber Ridge Line. This is in TANE initially but I may move it to 2019 eventually ,if I can make some textures that will work with that version. This has JVC rocky mountain trees and is a section I worked on several years ago. I'll be making all the single board sections 3 boards wide and adding a whole lot of new things to it. Dunno why but this has always been my fave NG route and it will allow a lot more freedom to drop in different rolling stock , unlike the Uintah which is very limiting. Plus, its not a huge route , so there's a chance I might one day finish it before I snuff it.:D. Might also make a standard gauge version too so I can run more varied stock although i imagine that will cause a few curve issues .......
EnrkYwN.jpg

xn3TCtc.jpg

iT1QPek.jpg

ATa2tlr.jpg

bEv61R5.jpg

Last edited:
I'm glad to hear you are fooling with Timber Ridge again Dan. Some of your older screenshots showed how amazing your version was and when you dropped it I was a little saddened.

Back