Beta Update 97556 to 97923 Now available

Very slow download, 1 hour, run out of 4G data, renews on the 18th, anyway had to download on a miserable 2.8Mbps ADSL, least that isn't capped!

Otherwise install went fine, shiny splines now fixed so now we're cooking!

Very slow download, 1 hour, run out of 4G data, renews on the 18th, anyway had to download on a miserable 2.8Mbps ADSL, least that isn't capped!

Otherwise install went fine, shiny splines now fixed so now we're cooking!

That's good to hear - no more printed paper embankments which remind me of the Hornby card stock buildings we used to get. :)

I just finished my download and now I'm running the DBR. Hopefully we will see a lot of good stuff in the build and find more bugs as well that we can nail before the due date.

Mac version...
Several sessions in Canadian Rocky Mtns and Niddertalbahn have:
[FONT=&quot]unknown asset kuid2:401543:1166:9

Missing dependencies were initially reported on routes but after a restart of TRS19 there were no warnings on the routes but sessions had the unknown asset issue.
[/FONT]

In my main test session based on a much-enlarged 'Far Horizons' route, all built-in SD45s (ATSF SD45 and SP SD45, etc. and several other diesel locomotives) now crawl at a fraction of their usual speeds and don't have sufficient tractive effort to haul their normal loads.
Just me? Or are others experiencing this too?
Steam locos don't seem to be affected. German electric locos have appropriate physics applied...
Nice to see coal loads looking less like glittering silver ore once again.

Edit Update: Further investigation shows that the Train Brake is still applied (i.e. doesn't release) to the SD45s. You can release them in Driver Cab Mode, but AI and DCC locos still have them applied.

Does replacing the locos and resaving solve the problems?

Mac version...
Several sessions in Canadian Rocky Mtns and Niddertalbahn have:
unknown asset kuid2:401543:1166:9

Missing dependencies were initially reported on routes but after a restart of TRS19 there were no warnings on the routes but sessions had the unknown asset issue.

Have you updated to 97925?

Downloaded and installed build 97923 without problems but some of content is faulty as shown in this image:

PL3xSQp.png

Tony_Hilliam -
Does replacing the locos and resaving solve the problems?
Nope - Just adds to my list of affected diesel locos!

About to send a test track loop & session containing just a few of the locos where this problem manifests itself. (The list could be much longer!)
All have train brakes applied at outset. In AI mode or DCC mode, the brakes simply don't release, so the engines work really hard to overcome this failure to release.
Of course, if you go to manual drive mode, you can release the brakes (currently about 50% applied) and proceed normally. Once in motion, however, and you switch driving mode to DCC or AI, the brakes are re-applied!

Renders most of my diesel-powered AI sessions useless, since I am otherwise unable to drive 20+ consists simultaneously in Cab mode. :(

clam1952 -
Very slow download, 1 hour,
Yup - I have a Gigabit broadband Internet connection, but instead of blazing download speeds last night, I saw speeds peak out at a lowly 320 'Kib' (to use their download metric nomenclature).
May have been a local issue with my ISP, but they reported zero problems afflicting their network.

Tony_Hilliam -
Nope - Just adds to my list of affected diesel locos!

About to send a test track loop & session containing just a few of the locos where this problem manifests itself. (The list could be much longer!)
All have train brakes applied at outset. In AI mode or DCC mode, the brakes simply don't release, so the engines work really hard to overcome this failure to release.
Of course, if you go to manual drive mode, you can release the brakes (currently about 50% applied) and proceed normally. Once in motion, however, and you switch driving mode to DCC or AI, the brakes are re-applied!

Renders most of my diesel-powered AI sessions useless, since I am otherwise unable to drive 20+ consists simultaneously in Cab mode. :(

This doesn't sound good. I have nothing but diesels running on my routes. There's going to be a lot of squealing brakes and brake dust in the air!

Download and install went fast. Got the same error window that Manweb showed in his post. Initial load of the main menu was a little slow than previous build, but not much. Maybe 10 seconds. Saved session loaded up quickly. I don't see any difference in color, shading, frame rates, etc., looks all the same to me. "Shiny" wheels on bogies still puke green.

JCitron -
This doesn't sound good. I have nothing but diesels running on my routes. There's going to be a lot of squealing brakes and brake dust in the air!

Have sent in my report. I can replicate the situation every time, even on a single board test route.
Is it just me? No one else has reported this so far...
Can someone please place, say an ATSF SD45 or an SP SD45, on a piece of track and attempt to drive it in DCC mode or send it to a trackmark in AI mode?
Then switch to Driver (cab) mode and release the Train brake. Drive off as normal, then switch driver mode back to either AI or DCC. What happens?

Here's a partial list of the locos this afflicts - many more to be tested...

<kuid2:45324:100337:2> CSX GP38-2 YN-2 (ex-SCL)
<kuid:584038:100929> CN SD40 ph2 no dyn
<kuid2:45324:100140:2> ATSF SD45
<kuid2:45324:100139:17> SP SD45
<kuid2:45324:100339:2> CSX GP40-2 YN3
<kuid2:45324:100141:7> SP SD40T-2
<kuid2:79563:1226:2> BR Class 47 blue- silver roof
<kuid2:506034:440326:3> CN GP9 zebra (high weathered)

Has there been some change to global Engine Specs perhaps?
This problem only affected a single (CSX) loco in the previous beta build.
Thanks and cheers! PC.

davesnow - but check out the coal and woodchips textures. They are no longer shiny and glittering like high-grade gold and silver ore!

Last edited:
I have another question. Why, after applying this update, is my game windowed? I can't access the "drive session" or "Edit Session" menu bars.

Thank you

Back