Bought the C&O coal run, it didn't work, deleted the kid and the game crashed

Bought the C&O coal run, it didn't work, deleted the kuid and the game crashed

So, I downloaded the Chesapeake and Ohio coal run payware from Steam.
The engine loaded. Okay, as did the tender, but the route itself did not load. It said it had a unknown dependency, and therefore it could not work.

So I deleted the file that was faulty from my packages section. And then when I went to reload the game the whole thing crashed and said it needed to reload. So I tried to reload the game and when it was up and running. Nothing from the Chesapeake and Ohio coal run was available including the engine. Nor Did I have any paint files for ground cover, most of my tracks splines were missing, many of my decorative housing things and road splines were missing, the whole game seems to have just cr***ed out on me.

I have since deleted the entire folder from my computer. I have uninstalled it from Steam. . And I am hoping now. That when I try and do a Reload tonight after work. . That something may work, right, hopefully?

What really upsets me is I spent $24 and I cannot get it refunded from Steam for the C&O coal run. Steam gave a lame excuse of it was 2 days since I bought it, so go away and you are a loser.

Last edited:
Routes do not necessarily come ready to run, they may have missing dependencies, kuids that you have to hunt for, and download those missing dependencies, and install those missing dependencies. Let us know what the kuids are that are missing in the Content Manager, and someone will help you locate the missing dependencies.

Run a database repair. That will remove the reference to the deleted package.

What was the missing asset?

Routes do not necessarily come ready to run, they may have missing dependencies, kuids that you have to hunt for, and download those missing dependencies, and install those missing dependencies. Let us know what the kuids are that are missing in the Content Manager, and someone will help you locate the missing dependencies.

Doesn't apply in this case. There is something wrong with the DLC package which is a different animal than the stuff from the DLS.

here is the error that appears and one other i would liked fixed

this is what is shown in my C&O coal run errors box, the other is from the Flying Scotsman that was downloaded with 2019:

Bought from Steam-

Validating<kuid2:661281:100035:1>
Dependency <kuid:156765:1523> is unknown.

And for my Flying Scotsman by Auran
Came as part of the 2019 download

Dependency <kuid2:60238:26:1> is unknown

Dependency <kuid:156765:1523> is unknown.

<kuid:156765:1523> Texaco 3-dome HW tank

Contact the Helpdesk here:

http://support.trainzportal.com/

They can assist you.

The purpose of the DBR was to clear out anything you deleted because that leaves "stubs and bits" in the database causing things to get messed up. Why this tank car is missing, I don't know. Maybe someone else can help.

no luck with trainz help

that asset is not in the DLC, and I no luck at all with the trainz help people as the set up to find help is really confusing there.

-

Did all the tracks show up ?

Sometimes with a few obscure unneeded missing dependencies, a route will still run

Again, please post the missing dependencies

the "unknown dependencies" are in the quote you used to reply

for the C&O run it's Dependency <kuid:156765:1523> is unknown.

I have found from an earlier answer it is a Texico 3 dome tank car that is not in the DLS

Found the kuid...now what's the problem???

<kuid:156765:1523> Texaco 3-dome HW tank

Contact the Helpdesk here:

http://support.trainzportal.com/

They can assist you.

The purpose of the DBR was to clear out anything you deleted because that leaves "stubs and bits" in the database causing things to get messed up. Why this tank car is missing, I don't know. Maybe someone else can help.

I found a site called trainz forge. It had the dependency in a bundle of items. I downloaded it and added it to my trainz database.

Now the darn rout is showing an error, but not what the error is!

-

It is shown in red as faulty, and does not show up as an active route. BUT when I click on it to see what is faulty, nothing shows up.

It is shown in red as faulty, and does not show up as an active route. BUT when I click on it to see what is faulty, nothing shows up.

Do you mean when you right-click and select View Errors and Warnings? Make sure that all the warning levels are selected - the buttons should be black, yellow, red and green.

The KUID you have posted <kuid2:661281:100035:1> is a session, not a route, so it won't show up as an active route. It will show as a session within the list of sessions for the route it was created for.

Do you mean when you right-click and select View Errors and Warnings? Make sure that all the warning levels are selected - the buttons should be black, yellow, red and green.

The KUID you have posted <kuid2:661281:100035:1> is a session, not a route, so it won't show up as an active route. It will show as a session within the list of sessions for the route it was created for.

It shows up as a blank box in the content part of the game. There are NO lights, red, yellow, green, black or any other colour to click on. just a blank box. And it does not show up to drive either in the sessions section either.

Last edited:
You're looking in the wrong place. To get error warnings you shouldn't be in the game, but in content manger ("Manage Content"), find the list for the route or session (which lists the kuid numbers), right click on the entry and select "view errors and warnings."

You're looking in the wrong place. To get error warnings you shouldn't be in the game, but in content manger ("Manage Content"), find the list for the route or session (which lists the kuid numbers), right click on the entry and select "view errors and warnings."

Sorry, I guess I wasnt clear when I said "content part of the game" . That IS the content manager part of the game. I'm not stupid. I know where and what the content manager is.

There are NO lights, red, yellow, green, black or any other colour to click on. just a blank box. And it does not show up to drive either in the aeaai9na section either.

What is the status of the item when it is listed in Content Manager? That's where you will see what the error is. What is the title of the window that appears when you right-click the asset in Content Manager and select View Errors and Warnings (just below the menu)? It should be 'Validating'.

What is the "aeaai9na section"?

Sorry, I guess I wasnt clear when I said "content part of the game" . That IS the content manager part of the game.
It is extremely difficult for people providing answers to assess the experience level of others based only on the posts in the forum. If a suggestion is not helpful then just say so.

Back