How to fix modified,faulty,payware?

wflint

Failed to transfer various functioning freeware assets from TANE to TRS19;
ex. various JR scenery items, lilb boxcars, some TUME buildings, etc..

Most worked fine but many flagged as "modified,faulty,payware".

Tried "reverting to original", reinstalling using .cdp's, dragging "open-for-edit" files to CM, all to no avail.

Anyone have a fix for this?

Thanks.

Failed to transfer various functioning freeware assets from TANE to TRS19;
Payware is generally not transferable between versions. If you have paid for this software then the download should be still available - download it into the current installed system. If you cannot successfully download it into the new installation then contact the people who sold it to you - it might not be compatible with that version of Trainz.

You cannot manually transfer built-in or payware content. The official process is here: http://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/Help:Importing_Content

Thanks SailorDan and Tony.

As I stated, I had earlier tried both .cdp and "open-for-edit methods described in this article [Help:Importing Content]
to no avail.

Reinstalled original cdp's for all but no joy.

Also, all problem content is hosted by JR as freeware, not payware, so wondering why labeled as "modified,faulty,payware"?

Not a lot of content here so will move on.

Thanks for responses.

Thanks SailorDan and Tony.

As I stated, I had earlier tried both .cdp and "open-for-edit methods described in this article [Help:Importing Content]
to no avail.

Reinstalled original cdp's for all but no joy.

Also, all problem content is hosted by JR as freeware, not payware, so wondering why labeled as "modified,faulty,payware"?

Not a lot of content here so will move on.

Thanks for responses.

Don't give up yet! :)

What assets are you having trouble with?

There are "ways" to fix this.

Don't give up yet! :)

What assets are you having trouble with?

There are "ways" to fix this.

Here are some of the Freeware JR assets...all labeled "modified,faulty,Payware" by TRS19 CM.

<kuid:175455:100976> JR Crew Office
<kuid:175455:101360> JR DRM Loader Sign 1
<kuid:175455:101307> JR Diamond River Mining Co. Engine House
<kuid2:334896:38013:1> JR Dk Grey Dirty Weathered
<kuid:175455:101309> JR Diamond River Mining Co. Gen Warehouse
<kuid:175455:101132> JR RR Ties
<kuid:175455:101324> JR DRM Co. Coal Conveyor
<kuid:175455:101308> JR Diamond River Mining Co. Truck Loader
<kuid:175455:101318> JR DRM Co. Small Scale House
<kuid:175455:101326> JR DRM Co. Rail Scale
<kuid:175455:101361> JR DRM Loader Sign 2
<kuid:175455:100877> JR Generic Loading Rack
<kuid:175455:100901> JR Generic Shop
<kuid:175455:100893> JR Generic Tank
<kuid:175455:100982> JR Loading Tower
<kuid:156765:100651> JR Lt Grey Lightly Used
<kuid:175455:101227> JR New Ties
<kuid:175455:100983> JR Signal Shack
<kuid:175455:100929> JR Yard Office
<kuid2:334896:38033:1> JR Crash Barrier (Style 1)
<kuid2:487560:26001:2> JR Flange Lubricator
<kuid2:487560:26001:1> JR Flange Lubricator
<kuid2:487560:26002:1> JR Flange Lubricator 2nd track
<kuid2:45324:39002:1> JR MS Lineside Telegraph 15
<kuid2:487560:26010:2> JR Wood Grade Crossing
<kuid2:45324:38023:4> JR Lt Grey
<kuid2:45324:251000:1> JR MS 06-1 Dwarf RD
<kuid2:45324:35001:1> JR_ltgry_tex

Others have had trouble with these too.

Are you being prompted for any additional content installs?

There was a fix patch recently that took care of a bunch of JR content and this maybe the stuff that's in those patches.

You may want to redownload your content again by using the Download Purchased Items, which is found under File menu on the Launcher and Content Manager.

If this doesn't work, we have our means to force a fresh download.

There have been a number of cases where items that were originally freeware have been provided as payware in recent DLC. The start point is to examine the dependant assets for these items, so you can work out if these items were provided as payware even though you originally acquired them as freeware and they are still available as freeware. If you can identify the dependant DLC they are part of then you can look at the status of that download - probably deleting the package and redownloading and installing it (including a database rebuild). If you can't identify the DLC they are included with that becomes a much more complex problem that will probably need the help desk to solve. You can track DLC descriptions back to the package names here.

If the item was orginally freeware (and without built in restrictions on editing) in an earlier version it should be perfectly acceptable to clone the item in the earlier version, save it as a CDP (which will assign it a new KUID), and import it into the later version. I encountered this with some of the TUME asphalt textures that I had extensively used in TS12 and which mysteriously became payware in T:ANE. I'm frankly rather puzzled as to the ethical reasoning that takes a freeware item and then tries to make it payware...

--Lamont

If the item was orginally freeware (and without built in restrictions on editing) in an earlier version it should be perfectly acceptable to clone the item in the earlier version, save it as a CDP (which will assign it a new KUID), and import it into the later version.
A better procedure is to increment the version number in the KUID (and then import the asset folder) so that the original item obsoletes the payware item. Obsoleting the payware item works, where trying to overwrite it doesn't.

But it should never have become payware in the first place.

I agree that this stuff shouldn't have become payware in the first place.

But we need to get this guy up and running now and debate this everlasting topic later! :D

I would simply empty the packages folder.
Run a database repair, and then redownload the packages from the DLC server.

<kuid2:276266:100081:7> NKP S-2
<kuid2:276266:100121:3> NKP 40' Boxcar
<kuid2:276266:1291:4> NKP Caboose 400 Series

For these you need to download them again. You can find the package number here:
http://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/Help:In-game_Downloading#Complete_DLC_Listing

Shutdown your TRS19 if you're running it.
Go to the packages folder where your content is located - usually in C:\Users/login-name/App Data/N3V Games/Build-something

something = some letter-number sequence.
If you have more than one find the one with the latest date.

Delete the package folder found in the list above.
Start up TRS2019.
At the Launcher, run a dbr.

Click on File menu.
Click on download purchased content (I can't remember the wording exactly but it's something like this).

Start up Trainz.

Your assets will download and install.

For these you need to download them again. You can find the package number here:
http://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/Help:In-game_Downloading#Complete_DLC_Listing

Go to the packages folder where your content is located - usually in C:\Users/login-name/App Data/N3V Games/Build-something

Start up TRS2019.

Click on File menu.
Click on download purchased content (I can't remember the wording exactly but it's something like this).

Start up Trainz.

Will this work in T:ANE as well, because T:ANE is where I'm having these errors. In 2019, it's fine.

Start up TRS2019.

Click on File menu.

Start up Trainz.

I'm following the T:ANE section of that help page that you showed me the link to, but just finding which folder that contains the kuid numbers for my faulty assets is the tricky part. There are so many folders marked"sc###p," or "sc###r," etc.

Start up TRS2019.

Click on File menu.

Start up Trainz.

Okay. Final update. I finished following all the directions for T:ANE on how to fix these payware problems, and it worked. They're no longer faulty. Thank you for helping me with that link to the wiki page.

Back