How to manually control ATLS crossing setup.

I am working on a route that includes a railroad crossing in the middle of a switching yard (Sanford FL auto train terminal to be precise) but I have ran into issues with the setup of the ATLS triggers. Because of the switching moves that are performed the crossing triggers get confused due to not being able to completely clear the crossing. So I am now thinking "Is they a way to get the crossing set up to work MANUALLY" Could anyone give me some good methods on how this can be done?

I dont know if these might help, but here are some driver commands that might help to take control over the crossing. I haven't these myself, so I won't be much of any help:(
If interested, here they are:

<kuid:76656:80001> ATLS 2 TRIG SYSTEM
<kuid2:76656:80001:1> ATLS 2 TRIG SYSTEM Tane2/3 & TRS19
<kuid:76656:80002> ATLS 4 TRIG SYSTEM
<kuid2:76656:80002:1> ATLS 4 TRIG SYSTEM Tane2/3 & TRS19
<kuid:76656:80003> ATLS ARRIVING Method
<kuid2:76656:80003:1> ATLS ARRIVING Method. Tane2/3 & TRS19
<kuid:76656:80004> ATLS LEAVING Method
<kuid2:76656:80004:1> ATLS LEAVING Method Tane2/3 & TRS19
<kuid2:76656:80000:1> ATLS Re-Set Command Tane2/3 & TRS19
<kuid:76656:80000> ATLS Re-Set Command TS12 & Tane 1-3
<kuid2:190624:500001:3> Level Crossing Trigger Command (ATLS)
<kuid2:190624:500001:2> ATLS Trigger Crossing
<kuid2:190624:500001:1> ATLS Trigger Crossing
<kuid2:190624:500002:1> Level Crossing Trigger Command TRS04 (ATLS)

Cheers

slenderman,

You could consider trying the "My Level Crossings - 3a" rule available on the DLS. That rule is fully compatible with ATLS crossings and slaves and works well with switching yards. You can even use it alongside ATLS in the same route.

I patched the rule to simplify its use and transitioning from ATLS but I can't upload the modified version without permission.

Embeddedt, what does your patch do, exactly?

I have since moved on to using a TS12 version of TRC, but if I recall correctly, my patch simplified My Level Crossings to only need one or more triggers per crossing (no need to also add a trackmark).

I have since moved on to using a TS12 version of TRC, but if I recall correctly, my patch simplified My Level Crossings to only need one or more triggers per crossing (no need to also add a trackmark).

I wonder if you have mis-remembered -- the Atilacrossings only use one trigger but do require a trackmark as placeholder for the Invisible Train. How did you replace that?

:B~)

the Atilacrossings only use one trigger but do require a trackmark as placeholder for the Invisible Train. How did you replace that?

I think what I had done was to make it send the appropriate messages to an ATLS slave. I patched the script in TS2009, where TRC 3 wasn't readily available. This hack let me properly reverse trains off crossings (useful for switching layouts like mine) and use the full range of ATLS crossings available. It was by no means perfect but definitely an improvement over the limitations of the ATLS trigger setup.

I was going to go confirm the above but TS12 has decided to run a database repair. :eek:

I think what I had done was to make it send the appropriate messages to an ATLS slave. I patched the script in TS2009, where TRC 3 wasn't readily available. This hack let me properly reverse trains off crossings (useful for switching layouts like mine) and use the full range of ATLS crossings available. It was by no means perfect but definitely an improvement over the limitations of the ATLS trigger setup.

I was going to go confirm the above but TS12 has decided to run a database repair. :eek:

DBRs happen.

Yes, no reason that wouldn't work. In the original you're at the mercy of changes in the Invisible Train, with your mod you're at the mercy of boat's further development.

I haven't looked at TRC at all, the Atilacrossings do everything I need. The only shortcoming is the settings are lost when the session is saved. One of these days I'll sit down and try to learn enough Trainz code to fix that. Something to do with the soup, most likely.

:B~)

In the original you're at the mercy of changes in the Invisible Train, with your mod you're at the mercy of boat's further development.

True, although I don't see anyone wanting to use this in any version of Trainz where TRC is available. It's a superior system (and with the TRS-ATLS compatibility slave on the DLS, fully backwards-compatible). I also don't expect boat to update the older versions of Trainz to ATLS 3 as they don't need it.

My simple way is to lay a short piece of invisible track (not attached). I place on it "Male pedestrian" (Loco) and give it 4 commands which repeat. "Wait for message and clear", "ATLS arrive" (driver command), "Wait for message and clear" and ATLS leave (driver command). All I need to do is put a "post message" into any drivers instructions and the Male will activate the ATLS crossing. Send a second "post message" and the crossing will deactivate. Any loco will do as it is not linked to the crossing. You could also use a single "ATLS Leave" trigger in the middle of the crossing and use only the first two commands in the Male. You would only need to post one message to activate the crossing.

(and with the TRS-ATLS compatibility slave on the DLS, fully backwards-compatible)
How exactly does one make this work? I've never gotten it to work correctly, either as a way to use TRC assets with an ATLS crossing or the other way using ATLS compatible components on a TRC crossing.

Back