Being thankful.

OldGuy

Hi all.
I would like to thank "Trainz" for being in existence. I started with Trainz with 2004 and have been "messin" with it ever since. It took many years to find (struggle) and develop my inner creativeness through some very difficult times in my life. I have spent 1000's of hours with Trainz which is now my place of peace, even though it makes me very cranky sometimes with its "randomness", this too has been a challenge.
I am extremely thankful for the effort by so many talented people especially for the "out there fantastic" Australian content. Won't mention names in case I miss someone but you know who you are. Thank you.
To the guys and gals that were at Teneriffe and to the young lady where I got my first upgrade CD at Teneriffe, thank you.
To the guys and gals now at Helensvale (and wherever) that put up with that unbelievable parking chaos, and put up with my whinging. Thank you.
I have tried to contribute but my personality gets in the way. My latest effort has failed as have so many others before it but I enjoy being creative especially with "TRAINS".
Thank you.
I have just uploaded a Layout that does have stuff not right with it (there are things in the sky). I started it with 2012. Its been converted a few times.
There is also a sit back and watch (15 AI trains, no drive able trains) session which I have spent many, many hours building and enjoying.
This is my contribution. Hope some will enjoy.
Thank you.
Layout #1 - Ambi - Route
Layout #1 - Ambi - Session
Only just now uploaded. Its still got to get through the firewall.

Steve.
OldGuy.

Good on you Steve,

I for one will be keeping a close eye out for your latest route and session.

You've got a natural ability to place on a baseboard, exactly what you see and turn it into something beautiful.

Take care mate,
Roy

Well done Steve, we "old guys" have to keep reminding these upstart young-uns that we can still do it.

Hi Steve,

Downloaded the route & session and CM reports 1 missing dependency for the session (one of yours) <kuid:170283:100300>< Unknown asset>. Any idea what it is and where to get it?

Hi Steve,

Downloaded the route & session and CM reports 1 missing dependency for the session (one of yours) <kuid:170283:100300>< Unknown asset>. Any idea what it is and where to get it?

Hey Ron,

I had the same unknown asset. It most probably is a previous session 'save' thus creating the kuid, which may have been deleted.

However, it doesn't prevent the session from running. I've had it running fine.

Cheers,
Roy

Hey Ron,

I had the same unknown asset. It most probably is a previous session 'save' thus creating the kuid, which may have been deleted.

However, it doesn't prevent the session from running. I've had it running fine.

Cheers,
Roy

Thanks Roy.

Hi to all.
It makes me very happy that you are enjoying the route.
That kuid is a hicup in the session not that there are any of these.
line 71 of the config.txt file refers to this kuid xxxxx300> which was the original default kuid number assigned when I created the session.
Have no idea what to do with this line. I did renumber and rename to bring the numbers and names of the route and the session into line before uploading.
Again, very happy you are enjoying.
If I may ask, how do you like non drive-able sessions?
Would you like to drive one of the trains interacting with the other trains?

Hi Steve,

I for one enjoy the non drive-able sessions and so I can concentrate on picking good screenshots.

Just a follow-up to all the guys about the unknown asset in this session. I simply opened the session in edit and deleted any unknown assets and re-saved. I was unable to save it with the existing session kuid; but I was able to save it as a session with a kuid in my own ID. It now shows up with no missing or unknown assets, and the session runs like clockwork.

Cheers,
Roy

How did you work out the timing and the extra commands, runs so wounderfully, would make a good trainz on the road display layot person looking after it could ocassionaly change view to different train

Tom

P.s. only thing i have noticed is hyde mill stops cause nothing picking up general goods therefore the woodchips never goes down, the road crossing at this location looks like the road is disconnected each side?

Last edited:
Back