TRS19 Stunning- Tutorial #9 question Dynamic brake not able to start

kweaver

Hi Folks,
I am consistently stunned by the graphics quality in TRS19.
Incredible work.
Thank you!
I have an question about tutorial #9 dynamic brake.
I cannot seem to truly release the brakes.
The BC(brake cylinder) pressure stays at 230 no matter what I do! Am I missing something?
All of the rest of the tutorials work, wonderfully.
Thanks again for an amazing product.
Ken Weaver
vid2u@aol.com

Press the "d" key a couple of times to release the pressure. Long standing problem with dynamic brakes. Anytime you see the BC pressure up, press "d" once or twice until it clears.

I had this same problem with the "Realistic Mode" Tutorial in T:ANE after SP3, but never got an answer from the forums. I am wondering if it is something carrying over, but it sounds like a different tutorial, so maybe not.

If you are talking about train brakes, in the USA prototype they set by reducing train line pressure causing the cylinders/valves/reservoirs in the car to apply the brakes using the pressure in each car's reservoir. So if the train line pressure is high I'd expect the train brakes to be fully released. This is why they are sometimes called safety brakes. If the train breaks in two the pressure in the brake line drops to zero in both halves of the train and all the cars go into full emergency braking.

In the old-old-old days when air brakes were first invented if the train separated the train brakes no longer worked. They only way to stop the train would be for the brakemen to jump from car to car cranking on the hand brake wheels. If all the brakemen are before the break in two point the back half of the train became a mobile battering ram. If the front half of the train couldn't out run it, the front half would be rammed off the tracks. Sometimes they'd make it, but sometimes the front half would derail when trying to out run their battering ram.

But if you are talking about engine brakes those set and release proportional to their pressure.

Dynamic brakes, as was suggested previously, have nothing to do with train brakes or engine brakes (well dynamics are in the engines...) unless there's some kind of interlock built in.

This info comes to you free of charge and may be worth exactly what you paid for it.

H.Fithers

Back