TRS19 REGIONAL EDITIONS

KotangaGirl

Pre-Grouping Railways Nut
Just received the latest N3V newsletter and saw the announcement for the new regional editions. It took but a moment to make a sacrifice to the goddess Visa and now I own a copy of the United Kingdom edition. With my gold membership I got a nice discount too.
Thank you very much Tony and the team. This is what us Uk Trainz folk have been wanting since forever; - a version of Trainz that doesn't have routes and assets that we'll never use bundled with it.

I guess those that will buy the European and North American editions will be very much of the same opinion regarding their own favourite routes and assets.

I've also just bought the UK edition. The ~£25 saving over the normal one was the incentive I needed to finally bite the bullet and move up to the latest version.

I just bought the U.S edition, i can't find the download, it doesn't say specifically the U.S version, it just shows trainz 19 build 100240, is this correct?
The only thing in my trainz account is the full trainz 19 installer from my gold membership.

Last edited:
Just received the latest N3V newsletter and saw the announcement for the new regional editions. It took but a moment to make a sacrifice to the goddess Visa and now I own a copy of the United Kingdom edition. With my gold membership I got a nice discount too.
Thank you very much Tony and the team. This is what us Uk Trainz folk have been wanting since forever; - a version of Trainz that doesn't have routes and assets that we'll never use bundled with it.

I guess those that will buy the European and North American editions will be very much of the same opinion regarding their own favourite routes and assets.

Hi KotangaGirl

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't you buy the full edition of TRS19 some while ago? Is there any advantage to the UK edition over and above the full version i.e. more UK content?

I may consider the UK only edition, but may hang on a little longer to see if N3V crack a little more on price!

Rob.

As with the full version, the Regional Editions provide the "base install" which includes KSC2 and then in-game downloads for the extra routes.

If you've purchased the full edition, there is no reason to purchase the Regional Editions (unless perhaps you want to gift it to a friend).

i have the full version through the gold membership, i just bought the U.S Edition so i wouldn't have all the extra routes i don't want outside of north america, so how am i to install the u.s edition only?
I have the full version for beta testing and bought the U.S version for my route building and to actually play on.

Hi KotangaGirl

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't you buy the full edition of TRS19 some while ago? Is there any advantage to the UK edition over and above the full version i.e. more UK content?

I may consider the UK only edition, but may hang on a little longer to see if N3V crack a little more on price!

Rob.

I only had the gold subscription version of TS2019 Rob. The advantage as I see it with the Uk edition is that firstly that I own it and secondly it doesn't contain acres of stuff that I don't want. And thirdly is that it is a whole lot cheaper than buying the full version. Even on my meagre invalid's pension I was able to buy it without thinking too hard about it. I also got $9.00 off the list price because I have a gold sub which was certainly a good thing.

So the only way to install a specific edition is to cancel the membership?I didn't think twice either to buy the u.s version. this should have been better explained.

You can purchase, install and run as many copies as you like. However it would be cheaper to ignore, filter out or uninstall any content you don’t want to use.

But there's still the question of a click tab for TS19 Uk edition (or other versions) not appearing on our My Trainz pages. The only tab that's there is the one for my gold sub version.

that's not a good enough answer, i think probably like most, when you buy a specific edition you would get an installer for your region with a splash screen that identify's the version we bought. such as Trainz 19 U.K Edition, or Trainz 19 U.S edition.i wasn't expecting the file size to be smaller, But people are gonna buy a regional edition with the same thoughts as i have had. The ones that do pay 40.00 and not gold members, you are gonna have some mad buyers.After our free month is up i am gonna drop my gold membership so everything i didn't want will just drop off. I Appreciate the reply's though. thank you.

I think a bigger problem is route building. If you have TANE deluxe and build a route someone with the standard edition may find the route includes an asset from the deluxe edition. It's not the routes that are included that are the problem it's being able to create something someone else can use.

Cheerio John

If one buys the UK version will all ones UK DLC content be installed, e.g. Settle & Carlisle, Duchess and Coronation Scot stuff?

Rob.

But there's still the question of a click tab for TS19 Uk edition (or other versions) not appearing on our My Trainz pages. The only tab that's there is the one for my gold sub version.
Everyone gets the same base version of TRS19. Regional Editions get 2 DLC packages to install (in many parts) while the full edition gets all 6 packages. Gold Class Members have access to the full version and can choose not to install everything (or even anything extra). Currently they can also patch from 98592 to the Trainz Plus beta version, and next week (all going well) can patch from either version to Trainz Plus official release.

If one buys the UK version will all ones UK DLC content be installed, e.g. Settle & Carlisle, Duchess and Coronation Scot stuff?
>>
Each Regional Edition is the same "base" version of TRS19 as for the full version, so yes, all your DLC will work fine. If you moving from TANE, all the builtin routes will also be available to download and install.
DO NOT try to import TANE builtin or payware manually as it will install but will show errors (missing textures).

Re route building
>>
The situation or who has what installed has been around for many years [too many I know]. The choice currently is either we give everything away or players purchase what they need (sorry, option 1 won't be happening). Players who own both TANE and TRS19 have a lot more content already than people with just TRS19. People with Platinum have bucket loads more content again. We will be introducing better ways to work out what items are available in which packs, and offering better options to replace items with other similar items.

More FAQs are answered here: https://www.trainzportal.com/news/view/trainz-regional-edition-faqs

I think regional editions is a pretty darned good idea, I personally am only really into American deisel powered but I am 'Merican and I spent 20 years with ( smaller ) deisels singing me to sleep
in big rigs so I miss the sound. I have 19 on Steam and I have the Gold Class dl available but my next dissablity pay is gonna have to support the US version for my collection. I see it as another version
I can play on another pc, a backup in case some time in the future I cant afford Gold Class anymore, and a way to further support dev's whose product has really grabbed me by the short hairs lately
and pulled me in. On Steam right now I have 2815 games, another 100 or so on Uplay, Origin, Gog, ect. All I wanna play is Trainz the last few months so why not support them a little extra :)

2zjpmj.jpg
[/URL]via Imgflip Meme Generator[/IMG]

Clair

Last edited:
If I'm reading this correctly if you have a full version buying a regional one, which some route builders may find useful, is pointless as you will be unable to download it from my Trainz due to it defaulting to the full or Gold version as in whatever you already have. Or am I wrong?

If I'm reading this correctly if you have a full version buying a regional one, which some route builders may find useful, is pointless as you will be unable to download it from my Trainz due to it defaulting to the full or Gold version as in whatever you already have. Or am I wrong?

If you have the full TRS19 version, you have all 3 of the regional version, and then buying a regional version would be pointless as Tony pointed out. The only thing the regional versions do is to not give you all the routes at one time and saves you money if you do not already have TRS19. The full version has all the routes and the regional version have only a subset of the routes in each. The TRS19 base and DLC parts are the same.

Its just about the routes...

My experience: I purchased TRS19 outright last Oct (Early Release) - After a few weeks of wading thru loco's and rolling stock I had no interest in, I did a new clean install. I DID NOT install the European routes as my interest was purely American. However... after downloading American freeware route after freeware route that used assets from the European routes I was back to installing everything once again. My philosophy had changed. I bought a 1TB SSD and I now welcome assets with open arms. Not saying this is "right" or "wrong." Just saying the day might come when you wish you had the assets from the full package... Choose carefully and wisely... Buying additional routes later (for need assets) will certainly cost more in the long run...

My experience: I purchased TRS19 outright last Oct (Early Release) - After a few weeks of wading thru loco's and rolling stock I had no interest in, I did a new clean install. I DID NOT install the European routes as my interest was purely American. However... after downloading American freeware route after freeware route that used assets from the European routes I was back to installing everything once again. My philosophy had changed. I bought a 1TB SSD and I now welcome assets with open arms. Not saying this is "right" or "wrong." Just saying the day might come when you wish you had the assets from the full package... Choose carefully and wisely... Buying additional routes later (for need assets) will certainly cost more in the long run...

If you have the full version, you can get the DVD now for a penny plus shipping https://store.trainzportal.com/products/shipping-only-trainz-railroad-simulator?mc_cid=716f3f9234&mc_eid=73242b5c2d

Your 1TB SSD should have no problem installing all the content.

If you have the full TRS19 version, you have all 3 of the regional version, and then buying a regional version would be pointless as Tony pointed out. The only thing the regional versions do is to not give you all the routes at one time and saves you money if you do not already have TRS19. The full version has all the routes and the regional version have only a subset of the routes in each. The TRS19 base and DLC parts are the same.

Its just about the routes...

Yes I'm well aware of that however the reason I mentioned it is that someone in this thread has bought it on the strength of the limited info in the Newsletter but already has TRS19 and was querying why no separate download. See post 10....

Back