USA Pics

2018-06-04180502cksq6.jpg

Nice Greetings

Epo:)

Holy macaroni! OK. Now I'm convinced. To make models with that much detail and uv map it all, one must be at least partially insane.

But, in a good way, though.

Yet another rainy summer day in the state of New Jersey. KRR Train #Z3 carries an extra car to the interchange after an NJT Bus bound for Philidelphia broke down.

1YD1PiD.jpg

i02T6Ge.jpg

e4nRUCk.jpg

2yYUQBd.jpg

inuOvpj.jpg

Yours, Qaz

Awesome shots everybody :).
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Somewhere in the middle of nowhere……:p.

BodFsEk.jpg

aUxh9Eu.jpg

cRQbabv.jpg

xO25dfV.jpg

XqCPA7n.jpg

8dDfrbA.jpg

// Erik from Sweden

I remember someone i met once saying that the EL livery looked good on anything they put it on. He was right, those are some sharp looking GEs. That UP Spirit loco is looking great as well.

@ ekankal

Lovely shots. How do you make the water so opaque and muddy-looking? When I try for the same thing, the water is always semi-transparent.
Thank you :).

I make the water dark, and uses dark ground textures under the water to make it not so transparent.

To achieve the dirty/muddy color is a combination of the settings of the water, and also the sky (I have attached a picture of my settings that you can check).

cM70BSc.jpg

BPkaCY2.jpg

Hg78pBL.jpg

// Erik from Sweden

Hey ekankal cheers for the water tips..

Was also wondering where to find the grass you're using by the water? :)

2nlb634.jpg

2r56yco.jpg

The first time i've actually 'created' something in surveyor since 2012 :) Been playing with getting TANE working and automated sessions until I wanted to add a new bit to my layout. It's weird you never forget but finding what assets and textures are available after some time away is quite hard.

USA folks, does this look semi realistic? The trees on the mountains for example, would they work in a loose California type area? Going by the textures i'm using also.

Last edited:
Back