Dark Menu - trouble

boleyd

ANOTHER -, the dark menu for Save As to save a session caused me trouble. I spent several minutes until I discovered a dark selection box on a dark background to name a Save. Is this going to be changed? Or do I have to continue to either make errors or spend time fiddling until I uncover the dark box on a dark background. My PC screen is adjusted to provide proper flesh tone on several TV network feeds.

Dick, welcome to the Colour Vision Challenged Club, we always welcome new members.

In the meantime here is a couple of keyboard shortcuts (Win 10) that might alleviate your suffering.

Press WINDOW LOGO Key and PLUS key to turn on Magnifier. Press WINDOW LOGO Key and MINUS key to turn it off. While the magnifier is ON, press

CTRL ALT I

to invert all the screen colours, press them again to return the colours to normal.

I would also like to apply for membership to the club.

Granted. Membership is free.

PS. I just heard that your state will be closing all its borders with the other states (are we really that bad?) from 4pm Tuesday. You will have to attend the meetings via Skype.

Yes, and with 10 American tourists in the Barossa with the virus, the area has gone into shutdown mode.
Cheers
Bob

Last edited:
Thanks, I keep forgetting about the magnifier and recoloring. I am under self-quarantine, not because I am ill, but as a safety precaution. No one can enter the house. All exchanged items are via the garage. So, Trainz, etc... is my prime entertainment. I also have an Amateur Radio (Ham) station. I usually keep a very small window open to the news when I am playing with virtual trains. So a train may be moving along but the sound is TV news. I have to keep both windows at moderate size or I hit the thermal ceiling of the CPU at 98c. I have inadvertently run at that throttled level and my very old 2500K 4.2ghz cpu is still running. Big Cooler Master case with 4 fans. I still want N3V to start using more reasonable color combos. Attention to style is marketing. You sold me, so now allow me to adjust the coloring to suit my taste.

ANOTHER -, the dark menu for Save As to save a session caused me trouble. I spent several minutes until I discovered a dark selection box on a dark background to name a Save. Is this going to be changed? Or do I have to continue to either make errors or spend time fiddling until I uncover the dark box on a dark background. My PC screen is adjusted to provide proper flesh tone on several TV network feeds.

I used to have to adjust for flesh tone on TV, however not since getting new monitors. Were LG now ACER if that has any bearing. I hadn't noticed how bad the originals had got until one died and I replaced it, so replaced the other one as well.

I don't have a problem seeing them but is Interesting that the text boxes are slightly different colours, in save route is pure black and save session a dark grey, would have thought the would be the same colour?

Also a Radio Ham by the way, seem to be quite a few of us on here!

This has been a problem since (at least) TANE. N3V has been made aware of the interface problems, including, but not limited to, dark on dark words and check boxes. The entire color scheme of the Save and SaveAs options are a confusing disgrace.

N3V continues to ignore the interface problems. Instead they take the time to make [sarcasm]really cool[/sarcasm] avatars with weird eyeballs.

However, I still pay for new stuff. I guess that makes me the dummy.

I am having a great deal of trouble reading menus what with the colors being so close in hue. For most of the scripted crossings, there is just a big, blank area below the top stuff in white. The rest is black on a very dark blue. Impossible to read.

I didn't you you were a ham, Malc. I've been one since 1956. Currently WB0HYQ (got that in 1963). Best one was in Thailand: HS5IS (all dits, no dahs) - try that on a bug.

Bill

Last edited:
If you don't mind, I would like to join as well. Due to a vision problem, I too have a problem with low contrast colors. I was using the magnifier before, but recently I've been running TRS19 on my 1366 x 720 TV. The text is big enough and being a TV, the contrast settings work, however, there is still that difficulty in seeing check boxes, and some text.

I find if I can highlight the text in a dialog box, I will get a reverse color and be able to see the text against the darker background.

Thanks, I keep forgetting about the magnifier and recoloring. I am under self-quarantine, not because I am ill, but as a safety precaution. No one can enter the house. All exchanged items are via the garage. So, Trainz, etc... is my prime entertainment. I also have an Amateur Radio (Ham) station. I usually keep a very small window open to the news when I am playing with virtual trains. So a train may be moving along but the sound is TV news. I have to keep both windows at moderate size or I hit the thermal ceiling of the CPU at 98c. I have inadvertently run at that throttled level and my very old 2500K 4.2ghz cpu is still running. Big Cooler Master case with 4 fans. I still want N3V to start using more reasonable color combos. Attention to style is marketing. You sold me, so now allow me to adjust the coloring to suit my taste.

Dick, let's start another club:'The Trainzers self-quarantine, because we care club'. :clap:

Ron

If you don't mind, I would like to join as well. Due to a vision problem, I too have a problem with low contrast colors. I was using the magnifier before, but recently I've been running TRS19 on my 1366 x 720 TV. The text is big enough and being a TV, the contrast settings work, however, there is still that difficulty in seeing check boxes, and some text.

I find if I can highlight the text in a dialog box, I will get a reverse color and be able to see the text against the darker background.

Doesn't work on the Save Dialogue, leastwise not in TRS19 I tried it yesterday as I had done that in the past with my knackered old monitors!

@HiBaller, Bill, first licenced in 1984 as G1DVL then 1985 after passing the morse test as G0DRN. Had to downsize now I'm living in a flat, so HF is out at the moment, restricted to 6m, 2m and 70cms unless I go portable and not much chance of that now with this virus mess.

Doesn't work on the Save Dialogue, leastwise not in TRS19 I tried it yesterday as I had done that in the past with my knackered old monitors!

@HiBaller, Bill, first licenced in 1984 as G1DVL then 1985 after passing the morse test as G0DRN. Had to downsize now I'm living in a flat, so HF is out at the moment, restricted to 6m, 2m and 70cms unless I go portable and not much chance of that now with this virus mess.

Yeah... I go with position and squint.

We have a tower up the street from me located up on Powder House Hill. A group of amateurs used to run the tower including a former coworker of mine from Polaroid.

Back