Tunnel assets

Railhead001

Hello Gentz,

It has been a long time since I checked around but has anyone made improvements for tunnels ? Thinking about adding some but only if I can find realistic looking entrances/exits for them. Any ideas ?

Thanx,

RH001

I never use "Snap To Grid" Big Block Head tunnels ... I always disable the dighole, by altering the tunnel height numeral to -1 ... I like Fred24 tunnels, but the track is locatable, and must be substituted with MP Tunneltrack Dark, or some other track kuid in the config file ... sometimes I lay my own tunnel track @ 0.02m higher than the tunnels built in track

By Fred24
Tunnel 1 voie
Tunnel 1 voie 1000 mm
Tunnel2_1 voie
Tunnel3_1 voie
Tunnel4_1 voie

By Rodgilfer
Tunnel 3
Tunnel 3 without track

Last edited:
I never use "Snap To Grid" Big Block Head tunnels ... I always disable the dighole, by altering the tunnel height numeral to -1 ... I like Fred24 tunnels, but the track is locatable, and must be substituted with MP Tunneltrack Dark, or some other track kuid in the config file ... sometimes I lay my own tunnel track @ 0.02m higher than the tunnels built in track

Thanks, I'll check Fred24's out !

I've made this for my new Widened Lines route but it will only be uploaded with the route, whenever that may be.

Met_Tunnel.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Mick

I found a Chinese tunnel spline lurking on the DLS - try searching for CN NK - which is basically similar to the TUME or JR tunnels with combined track and tunnel wall, fully flexible but much nicer looking track. What I haven't found yet is a matching tunnel portal but I guess one of the existing assets could be cobbled into position. Still dighole system though and the sad fact is improvements to tunnels in the core sim seem to be way down N3V's manifest of what they rebut as "wishlist items - pay us a Kickstarter" ;) when they come up.

If you don't mind modern(ish) looking tunnels, the Sen City ones are quite good too though not sure what part of the world the prototype stems from.

What is long overdue is proper sound inside of the tunnel. I use "bridge steel sound" in various different ways (added in config, or simply adding track on top or replacing it) It works, but there is not real true tunnel sound. Is this another wish on the list?

What is long overdue is proper sound inside of the tunnel. I use "bridge steel sound" in various different ways (added in config, or simply adding track on top or replacing it) It works, but there is not real true tunnel sound. Is this another wish on the list?

I've done the same. We also need real reverberation so that horns and other sounds actually sound like they're in the tunnel instead of their usual flat dull sound they have. Oh wait... the whole sound engine needs to be updated at some point soon(tm) as well.

One thing I've found sadly lacking for tunnels, are decent wall-mounted signals.

I've used a few from various European routes but they just don't look right in our Aussie tunnels.

Fortunately after a chat with glt0145 he was able to produce a right and left hand tunnel signal suitable for both wide and narrow walls, Here are the kuids from the DLS.

<kuid:45335:104012> QR 4 Aspect Signal Tunnel
<kuid:45335:104013> QR 4 Aspect Signal Tunnel RH
<kuid:45335:104014> QR 4 Aspect Signal Tunnel Narrow
<kuid:45335:104015> QR 4 Aspect Signal Tunnel Narrow RH

Cheers,
Roy

Back