TRS19 SP1 Now LIVE

For those posters who were wondering if N3V was going to be "doing anything" before sometime next year, I just received (on Christmas Day no less) two emails from N3V's QA dept regarding a possible "issue" I had reported in an updated TRS19 DLC route. Some people, it seems, are dedicated enough to be working this holiday season.
Cheers! :D

Hochturm - it looks like it was a configuration issue with the Steam version of the Japan route. It should be fixed now.

TANE and TRS19 are independent of each other so no need to uninstall.

Hochturm - it looks like it was a configuration issue with the Steam version of the Japan route. It should be fixed now.

TANE and TRS19 are independent of each other so no need to uninstall.
Hello!
Logged in this evening, got a new download dialogue for the sc369 folders. Downloaded it and the Japan DLC functions again! Great and more, SP1 had fixed a broken JR500 Shinkansen from the DLS and with the new fix of the Japan DLC it still continues to function! Thumbs up! Esp. since I am less driving (which is still great fun) and more creating the model Train routes I do not have room at home for.

It will only be fixed if we know how to reproduce the issue.

Please provide KUIDs for the items - cars and commodities so we can take a look.

The first thing is from Jointed Rail and it's the BNSF Mijack Translift 1200R <kuid2:45324:123103:1>
Second from Jointed Rail is the TTX 48 Husky Stack Late <kuid2:45324:300019:1>
Commodities: 40ft High Cubed Containers (Loaded) <kuid2:334896:120007:3>
53ft Containers (Loaded) <kuid2:334896:120010:2>

These worked perfect before the SP1 update loading and unloading the well cars. Thanks for looking into this, I appreciate it!

~Danny

Last edited:
As N3V have been back at work a week now, is there any official word forthcoming regarding the numerous issues flagged with SP1, if only to collate into bugs/features/like it or lump it categories?

As N3V have been back at work a week now, is there any official word forthcoming regarding the numerous issues flagged with SP1, if only to collate into bugs/features/like it or lump it categories?

Tony mentioned elsewhere that they are looking into various things that have been reported.

DLC Server Resource Error Work-around

Regarding the recent "resource errors" after updating via Content Store (henceforth "CS"). QA has found these do not repro when installing into a clean data folder (ie first time install) and seem to be sourced from DLC content build dated sometime last year. This prompts the user an update is available for the DLC but when the user "updates", an "error" pops and can result in missing deps. Sometimes these can be resolved via DLS, other times they cannot due to the missing assets being "payware". Current design is the user cannot simply uninstall when there is an "update". They are forced to update first, then if that works they may uninstall. In this case when the update process fails the user may be stuck in an "update \ retry" loop.

The work-around is to:
- exit the game
- access the "packages" folder
- delete the package scNum that is prompting for the update (ie sc407 is Sebino)
- run the Launcher and rebuild the DB
- run CS and query the DLC (ie sc407)
- click "install"

This process allows the user to maintain the current data folder and re-install the DLC as though a first time installation.
It also removes the "update" option for the DLC and installs w\o errors or missing deps.

A task for a proposed design change has been submitted that would allow users to uninstall DLC even when an update is available.
"Aside from handling errors, this improves functionality by not requiring the user to:
  • ...update something just to allow them to remove DLC they no longer want (file space etc)
  • ...mess with the file hierarchy in the packages folder"

Notes
-
If you're not sure about package numbers - please ask
- If you find there are still resource issues after using the work-around, please inform QA via bug report (we tested against all the DLC in this thread, but IDIC in SWE & SE is real...)

Multiplayer network latency seen with SP1

Taking the good with the bad, has anyone noticed the Multiplayer "type" menu item is finally working with SP1?

Maybe I need to supplement my earlier thread posting (#197) about SP1's Multiplayer improvement. Just now I have been trying to join (double click) or download (click download button) on all of the 3 (three) server-posted multiplayer sessions, in the larger screenshot below, for about 15 minutes. The 3 sessions persisted to appear, despite refreshes, and what I got for those 15 minutes when trying to join was:

2.jpg

...and no reaction to the "download" button. Looks like there is some latency in the server to recognize the current multiplayer status...

When a multiplayer session showed up like this in pre-SP1, it was really there to join.

1.jpg

Last edited:
Regarding the recent "resource errors" after updating via Content Store (henceforth "CS"). QA has found these do not repro when installing into a clean data folder (ie first time install) and seem to be sourced from DLC content build dated sometime last year....

The work-around is to:
- exit the game
- access the "packages" folder
- delete the package scNum that is prompting for the update (ie sc407 is Sebino)
- run the Launcher and rebuild the DB
- run CS and query the DLC (ie sc407)
- click "install"

Thanks for the workaround, that is exactly what I did, but isn't it a contradiction that a Service Pack is only applicable to a "clean data folder (ie first time install) "? It's supposed to work with pre-existing & working data folders.

SP1 should have been tested on non-pristine data folders.

isn't it a contradiction that a Service Pack is only applicable to a "clean data folder (ie first time install) "? It's supposed to work with pre-existing & working data folders.

SP1 should have been tested on non-pristine data folders.

No - its not a contradiction. Yes - updating DLC should work with data folders stock piled Alpha to Omega.
Beta testing was done against non-pristine data folders & no reports were generated at that time.
Testing for THIS work-around was done against a baseline in order to establish there are no errors with the individual DLC pkgs and no new server resource issues were found.
That is the scope for the post and it doesn't discuss coverage for "service packs" (SP1).

A task for a proposed design change has been submitted that would allow users to uninstall DLC even when an update is available.
"Aside from handling errors, this improves functionality by not requiring the user to:
  • ...update something just to allow them to remove DLC they no longer want (file space etc)
  • ...mess with the file hierarchy in the packages folder"

Its not clear how this solves the problem of DLC not updating correctly with an SP/Hotfix. The user does not know what is in store for the update, how can he/she prepare his/her DLC effectively? The SP or Hotfix (or patch, whatever it is) needs to make the necessary DLC adjustments for the user.

Unless by "update" you meant a DLC asset update (up-versioned DLC KUID) rather than an SP/Hotfix/patch?

No - its not a contradiction. Yes - updating DLC should work with data folders stock piled Alpha to Omega.
Beta testing was done against non-pristine data folders & no reports were generated at that time.

Very well, then it pains me to say quality failure.

Testing for THIS work-around was done against a baseline in order to establish there are no errors with the individual DLC pkgs and no new server resource issues were found.

Re: the Baseline... Please advise QA, if they aren't seeing this, my experience calls the baseline's definition into question. My "Early Access" built-in content, or later, had ":2" versioned-KUIDs for these 5 assets, and last month's SP1 reverted them back to ":1"...

On the left is my Dec 15 drive image and on the right is my active working folder for "\resources\builtin\4672f\content" post-SP1.

Tzarc-compare.jpg

Note that the workaround presented for DLC resourcing failures would not solve a floating baseline problem.

That is the scope for the post and it doesn't discuss coverage for "service packs" (SP1).

With all due respect, we are in the SP1 forum thread.

Last edited:
The simple fact is a Trainz customer who isn't technically minded and who isn't a forum member or knows anything about the N3V help desk is going to end up very disappointed when their Trainz install suddenly gets wrecked by these latest updates. More than likely they'll just delete the whole thing and never bother with Trainz again.
TS2019 has become too difficult and too confusing just lately and has turned into a frustrating experience. I've disabled all the built in routes and DLC in my own TS2019 installs and I'm only running my favourite legacy routes/layouts from the DLS that I've updated to work in TS2019. Life is too short to spend mucking around with fixing endless faults and errors.

The simple fact is a Trainz customer who isn't technically minded and who isn't a forum member or knows anything about the N3V help desk is going to end up very disappointed when their Trainz install suddenly gets wrecked by these latest updates. More than likely they'll just delete the whole thing and never bother with Trainz again.
TS2019 has become too difficult and too confusing just lately and has turned into a frustrating experience. I've disabled all the built in routes and DLC in my own TS2019 installs and I'm only running my favourite legacy routes/layouts from the DLS that I've updated to work in TS2019. Life is too short to spend mucking around with fixing endless faults and errors.

This has been my concern for sometime. I said a year or so ago, probably more than that now that I think about it, that in general Trainz is getting overly complex. There should be two interfaces - a basic-mode perhaps, and an advanced mode. Setting things like interlocking-towers, for example, requires a degree in computer science. It shouldn't be necessary to faff around with an convoluted interface just to prevent AI drivers from crossing over on to the wrong track, or to prevent them from bumping into each other.

But... Data maintenance, asset tracking, updates, and all the other stuff gets to be too much work, and when something breaks, it's sometimes just too much for those who don't have a technical background.

I say let's go back to the basics, or at least allow a basic mode and an advanced mode.

But... Data maintenance, asset tracking, updates, and all the other stuff gets to be too much work, and when something breaks, it's sometimes just too much for those who don't have a technical background.

I say let's go back to the basics, or at least allow a basic mode and an advanced mode.

Hi John... Built-in content updates are not a new complexity, we have had them for nearly 20 years. As you know most of the time they went well, but a few have blundered, like this one, and I (dare I say we) can remember at least 2 that were much worse -- It all depends on the Auran/N3V resources assigned at the time (and I include time as a resource). Admittedly, a minor complexity increase now with far more built-ins. The folders and file formats have changed, but the basic update concept is the same - find the obsolete files and replace them with the new ones.

For the general Trainz user, we will wait for the usual corrective action as we have in past decades.

Last edited:
Deneban I take your point, but it was getting so that if I downloaded anything into TS2019 I would spend the rest of the day fixing assets and dependencies. TANE is fine; - I can load a route in TANE and it finds all the dependencies and it's all good with nothing broken or faulty (and I am very aware that things weren't always like that with TANE). I load the same route into TS2019 and it's a horror show.
I am reasonably computer savvy and I know how to fix things when they don't work in Trainz, but I'm just completely tired of having to do it. So tired of it in fact that I've been running TS2012 all week. TS2012 has its faults, but at least they are the same unchanging constant faults and will be forevermore without being updated with a new set.

TS2019 with everything disabled and everything faulty and/or with missing dependencies deleted is quite good actually. Back in the day when TS2019 was first announced some of us forum members asked if a cut to the bone, no built in routes version was a possibility. A true route builders version with all the surveyor tools and nothing else. Our suggestion wasn't taken up of course, but at least now I have something close to it. All my old favourite legacy routes and rolling stock assets look very nice indeed in TS2019.

Last edited:
Deneban I take your point, but it was getting so that if I downloaded anything into TS2019 I would spend the rest of the day fixing assets and dependencies. TANE is fine; - I can load a route in TANE and it finds all the dependencies and it's all good with nothing broken or faulty (and I am very aware that things weren't always like that with TANE). I load the same route into TS2019 and it's a horror show.
I am reasonably computer savvy and I know how to fix things when they don't work in Trainz, but I'm just completely tired of having to do it. So tired of it in fact that I've been running TS2012 all week. TS2012 has its faults, but at least they are the same unchanging constant faults and will be forevermore without being updated with a new set.

TS2019 with everything disabled and everything faulty and/or with missing dependencies deleted is quite good actually. Back in the day when TS2019 was first announced some of us forum members asked if a cut to the bone, no built in routes version was a possibility. A true route builders version with all the surveyor tools and nothing else. Our suggestion wasn't taken up of course, but at least now I have something close to it. All my old favourite legacy routes and rolling stock assets look very nice indeed in TS2019.
Hello and sorry, if I am plowing into a discussion!

I rather recently came back to Train simulation, after a long absence. I still have an EEP disc with box on a sideboard, which does not run on today´s systems anymore without massive bugs. Old times!:)
Compared to the other simulations out there, I can assure you Trainz has the nicest build mode and the routes are nothing to sneeze at either!
TS and TSW are an annoyance, exorbitant and expensive payware needs (the EA of Train simulation), laughable number of stock assets included (Trainz and EEP have several times as much even in their cheapest versions) and esp. TS is buggy as hell, even premier routes like Mannheim-Karlsruhe! TSW does not even have a build mode and TS build mode is less than optimal, far below Trainz and EEP in ease to use and stock assets.

I really like EEP. Powerful builder, few bugs, nice and numerous stock assets, a nice chunk of downloadable freeware, delivers gorgeous routes on limited systems too and even HD payware is normally only a few Euros. Drawbacks are: Some build modes more complicated and fiddly than on Trainz, if you want the full experience you need the more expensive expert version (esp. the ease of life functions), while most payware is not expensive, it can add up pretty fast and it is mainly focused on the trains of Germany, Austria and Switzerland, with few from other countries (while as a German this is not a problem per se for me, esp. since even very rare and obscure Trains are available, I still like some foreign trains too which can be hard to get on EEP). A further drawback for assets makers is the fact that some assets are very easy to make, others are so complicated you need special programs for it. But generally EEP is a great program for route builders (and has some very nice routes in-build in all versions).

I really like Trainz too and use it the most of the Train sims, because it too has a powerful builder, nice and numerous stock assets, lots of freeware, depending on your preferences normally few must-have payware, since TANE and Esp TRS19 very gorgeous routes and the widest range of trains covered. In addition it is the most easy to use builder. While EEP expert has some modes easier to use than in Trainz, some other modes are way more fiddly, the EEP dev team can be too focused on detail sometimes.

Status of DRG Class 05 Steam ??

Hey N3V Gang,

Are you aware of / working on fixing the "DRG Class 05 Steam" payware on TRS19?

Problems with other routes & updates for TRS19 seem to be mostly cleared after 3 weeks, but this one persists.

Attempting to install the package results in an error with the following unknown missing dependencies:

<kuid2:212731:501054:1>
<kuid2:212731:501051:1>
<kuid2:212731:509050:1>
<kuid2:212731:509051:1>
<kuid2:42778:3001:2>

Thanks,
Diego

Back