TRS19 SP1 Now LIVE

To all those getting prompted to re-download assets, this is NOT necessary unless the assets are missing or just messed up. The code that keeps track of downloads has nothing to do with rebuilding the database. If everything is working correctly either just ignore the downloader or right click on items and choose Remove selected. That removes items from the list but doesn't uninstall it from your game. If you download items twice you might end up with more than one set of the packages for the items of DLC. This just wastes hard drive space and can cause the dreaded Payware Installed but not active error.

William

Thanks for your tip William.

This level of advice should not be necessary for purchased products like this though! This is all getting very silly and disappointing. Like many others, from now on I'm not going to upgrade/download any content updates from N3V until long after it is issued.

What is the fix if the "Payware installed but not active" issue does occur? Delete everything and re-download - a third time in as many days?!

What is the fix if the "Payware installed but not active" issue does occur? Delete everything and re-download - a third time in as many days?!

Remove your username and password from Launcher > Trainz settings > Internet

Shut Trainz down completely

Restart trainz, enter your username and password
Wait till "MyTrainz login succeeded and p/w are correct" shows under the password box.

Next perform a manual database rebuild, Launcher > Developer > Rebuild Database
Wait till the rebuild is finished, then you can "Start Trainz" via the launcher

This normally corrects the "not active" issue. Hope it works for you.

Remove your username and password from Launcher > Trainz settings > Internet

Shut Trainz down completely

Restart trainz, enter your username and password
Wait till "MyTrainz login succeeded and p/w are correct" shows under the password box.

Next perform a manual database rebuild, Launcher > Developer > Rebuild Database
Wait till the rebuild is finished, then you can "Start Trainz" via the launcher

This normally corrects the "not active" issue. Hope it works for you.

Thanks! Unfortunately the inactive payware is still misbehaving.

N3V support - what can I do about this problem?

I've just noticed that the SP1 update has changed my data folder from my D: drive back to my C: drive. Thanks very much N3V. I feel far too tired to do anything about it since it was a right pain shifting it to my D: drive last time I did it.

I'm doing the dreaded extended database repair thing at the moment to deal with all the faulty DLC stuff. If that doesn't work I feel sorely tempted to delete and/or disable everything that's faulty and just use TS2019 to update my favourite legacy routes where things just work without any problems.

I've just noticed that the SP1 update has changed my data folder from my D: drive back to my C: drive. Thanks very much N3V. I feel far too tired to do anything about it since it was a right pain shifting it to my D: drive last time I did it.

I'm doing the dreaded extended database repair thing at the moment to deal with all the faulty DLC stuff. If that doesn't work I feel sorely tempted to delete and/or disable everything that's faulty and just use TS2019 to update my favourite legacy routes where things just work without any problems.

You can repoint to the correct database.

At the Launcher:

Click on Trainz Settings.
Click on Install.

At the end of the address line in the white space, click on the ...

Browse to where your folder should be on the D: drive.

click on the folder

Click on the Select button.

###

A quick DBR might occur and you should be all set from there.

This level of advice should not be necessary for purchased products like this though! This is all getting very silly and disappointing. Like many others, from now on I'm not going to upgrade/download any content updates from N3V until long after it is issued.

If you get the payware installed but not active and what John suggested doesn't work then use this list:
http://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/Help:In-game_Downloading#Complete_DLC_Listing

to find the bad DLC files in the /packages folder of your content folder. If you haven't moved it then it is normally in C:/users/username/appdata/local/N3V Games/trs19

Delete all the packages that begin with the same file name that is inactive like sc455...

Then close TRS19 if it is running and restart it. It should do a database rebuild but go ahead and do another. Then start the program and re-download the DLC that was inactive again.

That should fix it.

William

Thanks! Unfortunately the inactive payware is still misbehaving.

Dash, :( .
I guess the next plan of attack would be to remove the folders within the packages folder and redownload.

Try what wreeder suggested in Post 166.
Hope it fixes the problem for you.

So I ended up doing a clean new install for SP1. The only problem is the asset download menu is offering me routes that aren't either DLC I've purchased or a part of my TS2019 Uk Edition. I tried right click>remove selected on all the routes and assets I don't want, but the menu software just puts them back again. I don't want run any non-Uk routes and I want as few as possible non-Uk assets in my TS2019 install. The menu shouldn't even be offering me this stuff since I'm a tin non-subscriber who purchased their copy of the Uk Edition simulator outright for cash up front.
For the moment I'm trying out right click> stop as a way to prevent unwanted downloads which means I have to watch the stupid menu like a hawk to make sure it's not pulling any more tricks.

Does SP1 turn everything into some kind of omni-edition no matter what it started out as? - because that's what it's looking like from where I'm sitting.

For those posters who were wondering if N3V was going to be "doing anything" before sometime next year, I just received (on Christmas Day no less) two emails from N3V's QA dept regarding a possible "issue" I had reported in an updated TRS19 DLC route. Some people, it seems, are dedicated enough to be working this holiday season.

A Merry Christmas to all and especially to those in N3V toiling away to benefit our enjoyment :clap:

That's true for Platinum, but I'm a tinware Classic version non subscriber who has only applied the SP1 update and hasn't purchased the new Platinum version.

That's true for Platinum, but I'm a tinware Classic version non subscriber who has only applied the SP1 update and hasn't purchased the new Platinum version.

My apologies. Not enough coffee yet this morning (local USA). Not sure how I got Platinum in the equation. Your DLC situation does sound very strange.

Sounds like an issue with the login system. Do any of the DLC you are being offered begin with Betatest?

William

For those posters who were wondering if N3V was going to be "doing anything" before sometime next year, I just received (on Christmas Day no less) two emails from N3V's QA dept regarding a possible "issue" I had reported in an updated TRS19 DLC route. Some people, it seems, are dedicated enough to be working this holiday season.

A Merry Christmas to all and especially to those in N3V toiling away to benefit our enjoyment :clap:

I received a reply to a bug report this Christmas morning (USA) also.

Sounds like an issue with the login system. Do any of the DLC you are being offered begin with Betatest?

William

No they seemed to be the ordinary kind of DLC.

Anyway after forcing the menu software to download only and exactly what I wanted I've ended up with a clean install without anything being reported as faulty. I'm certainly not going to complain about that.
Now to have an explore and see what I think of it all.

Last edited:
Apologies if I've missed this in the thread somewhere,

I really appreciate getting the SP's but it would be even nicer if I could see what it's supposed to address (and, implicit, what not).

Do N3V publish a release note for the SP listing all the things fixed and improved? If so, where?

Thanks!!

SP1-regressed asset versions?

I updated to TRS2019 SP1 over the Xmas holiday and went back to my favorite saved session, only to find, all of the sudden, 4 assets are now unavailable to the session. This was very puzzling because: a) these 4 were classified as "built-in" assets and b) the version required by the session saved before SP1 asked for a higher kuid version then is available on the download station.

After searching my backup records hi and lo, I uncovered that SP1 had actually regressed the version of these 4 kuids (all commodities incidentally).

On the left is my drive image from Dec 13 and on the right is the current listing of "...\resources\builtin\46472f\content". It appears the service pack indeed regressed the kuid version of these assets.

Tzarc-compare.jpg

Was this a publishing error or am I missing something?

Back