Subways, Underground, Tram or anything else Urban shots!

Gentlemans, big news:
CCT Gate motors got a large overhaul. I noticed some unfixable bugs in previous modification, and did another one today.
Now it has: Auto Running Numbers, Autoconnecting hoses and chains between cars. To do: Tail lights and chains on open-ends.

6 train departing Whitlock Avenue. CSX freight train in the distance coming from the Hunts Point Terminal Market.

Hi :wave:

Check out this video, and scroll to 50:00 min

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ruc8g-5qFM

Also, your location, the Bronx? What area? South / North? Grandcourse, or Eastern parkway ... ???

I grew up on Westchester / Morrison ... Second stop from Whitlock Ave!
Rough and touch place, but like you know, if you're not into anything, this is nothing to worry about! LOL

Ish

Putting Ish's new stations to good use these are only a bate though but here is my Metro Red Line at Financial District
trainz%202015-07-21%2018-27-21-296_zpsow499gry.jpg

trainz%202015-07-21%2018-27-28-834_zpspqazlal1.jpg

trainz%202015-07-21%2018-27-56-995_zpsrclrhtwl.jpg

Red and Orange Lines at Bay State
trainz%202015-07-21%2018-30-20-840_zpsegbnbt2e.jpg

trainz%202015-07-21%2018-29-49-742_zpsdc6udfra.jpg

Red Line at Bay State Terminal
trainz%202015-07-21%2018-30-57-553_zpsro4npeq1.jpg

Hello "S" --

Very cool screenshots there, sir ...:udrool:

Quick question -- the red emerging from the platform, is that from my interactive station?

If yes, that can be fix so it does not show up like that!

Ish

Thank you sir you've done great work and yes it is coming through the station and also when you look through the station it makes everything invisible \.

P.S. Ill post some NYCTA pics in the other thread for you

Thank you sir you've done great work and yes it is coming through the station and also when you look through the station it makes everything invisible \.

P.S. Ill post some NYCTA pics in the other thread for you

I'll lower the platform so that does not happen! The box is there only to tell the user that it's designed is inspired from the IRT line, 160m long -- that's it's purpose! The people will still be the same height! --

Thanks for the info, and thank you -- LOL

Ishie

It sure did! Awesome job on the PATCO!
The only thing is I think the nameboard on the front is farther down:
PATCO%20WESTMONT%20070806.JPG

Last edited:
I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I guess it's worth a shot.

I'm looking for some old time interurban trams, similar to the one pictured below, but I don't know where to look.

em-svt-111.jpg

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks!
Matt

South Ferry Elevated Railway Terminal

It has been a pain in the backside getting this far, and it has been an even bigger pain trying to find decent photos of the original island platform canopies. I keep redoing them because I'm not satisfied with them just yet. More exciting prospects include the station house and ferry terminal as well. Does anyone know what color the original elevated structures were? Based on my findings, they were the same green that is used today on the elevated lines out in the boroughs.

nyc-s-ferry-713.jpg

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I guess it's worth a shot.

I'm looking for some old time interurban trams, similar to the one pictured below, but I don't know where to look.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks!
Matt

Well if you searched the CM for interurban you already know about rmayhugh's three. There is also pweiser's Freelance trolley coach she's a pretty big car though. Searching for tram or trolley or PCC will get you a wide variety of streetcars but none like your picture. I'm afraid that interurban's are a pretty neglected field in trainz.

Edit: There are also pweiser's MU units not at all close but...

Last edited:
In response to the 'where be interurbans' question, there are good quality interurban coaches on a website I forgot the link to. But they were done for the (now defunct?) Laurel Line project. There is also an electric freight boxcab locomotive too. The release wasn't really made with much fanfare but they're good trains. I'll post the link here in a few once I can find it, its here on the forums somewhere.

EDIT: the interurban cars and boxcab locomotive aren't available because the website for it has been taken down. Seems like the website is being redone. You can look up the thread here.

Last edited:
South Ferry Elevated Railway Terminal

*snipped picture*

It has been a pain in the backside getting this far, and it has been an even bigger pain trying to find decent photos of the original island platform canopies. I keep redoing them because I'm not satisfied with them just yet. More exciting prospects include the station house and ferry terminal as well. Does anyone know what color the original elevated structures were? Based on my findings, they were the same green that is used today on the elevated lines out in the boroughs.

*snipped picture*

Not sure if you have done so already, but have you considered getting in contact with the New York City Transit Museum? They might have some information in their archives regarding these things.

Still, it looks good so far! I wouldn't be surprised if the structure was the same color as the elevated lines.

Best of luck!

~James

Back