Diesel Fuel Modified, Faulty

WCL

Canadian National
How do I go about on fixing this asset? I tried a data base repair and still nothing

When I click on view errors it says

VE65: The *.texture.txt file is missing for texture resource 'icon_texture.texture'

Open the asset for edit in Content Manager

Run PEV's Images 2 TGA on the .texture file.

This will show a .tga file.

Save the .tga file.

Close Images 2 TGA

Submit the asset.

Now it says VE30: The tag 'image' in '()' refers to a nonexistent file: 'icon_texture.texture'.

Plus, how can a built in thing, even be faulty?? It came with the download, how can it be messed up??

Plus, how can a built in thing, even be faulty?? It came with the download, how can it be messed up??

The asset was somehow opened and then submitted instead of reverted. This happens with older assets that are built-in and imported.

What happened is this.

The .texture is the combination, meaning compressed version of the actual texture-file such as a TGA and its referenced .texture.txt which has all the texture parameters in it. These files are proprietary to Trainz and are read internally by the program. When a built-in asset is opened for edit and altered, or manually submitted, the .textures are extracted but because they have no reference in Content Manager, they are reported as a fault. PEV's Images 2 TGA will extract the image from the .texture file and the referenced .texture.txt file. This can then be recognized and submitted.

I recommend that you go revert to original any faulty asset that that error first. If that doesn't work, then use PEV's Images 2 TGA.

The problem with extracting the textures is they have been compressed, and compressed textures when extracted can look pretty bad.

This is exactly the topic of a suggestion I submitted yesterday, but it apparently did not pass review. The suggestion was "Don't break the built-ins". I did an EDBR and afterwards I had a built-in invisible bogie go faulty that is common to a LOT of assets. It was exactly this issue, it was complaining about being .texture instead of .texture.txt. Easy fix with Images2TGA, and it was fine, but HUNDREDS of assets for which it is a dependency still showed faulty, so I had to double-click all of them to get them to recognize the fixed dependency. My suggestion was twofold: 1.) if you are going to make a change that affects built-ins, make it a warning instead of an error. These assets work fine without having to be fixed, so why make it an error that breaks a TON of dependents? Alternatively, fix all of the built-in and base assets to meet the new rules, don't break your own rules. And 2.) provide a mechanism whereby a fixed asset can automagically be recognized by all of its dependents without having to go double click hundreds of them.

This is exactly the topic of a suggestion I submitted yesterday, but it apparently did not pass review. The suggestion was "Don't break the built-ins". I did an EDBR and afterwards I had a built-in invisible bogie go faulty that is common to a LOT of assets. It was exactly this issue, it was complaining about being .texture instead of .texture.txt. Easy fix with Images2TGA, and it was fine, but HUNDREDS of assets for which it is a dependency still showed faulty, so I had to double-click all of them to get them to recognize the fixed dependency. My suggestion was twofold: 1.) if you are going to make a change that affects built-ins, make it a warning instead of an error. These assets work fine without having to be fixed, so why make it an error that breaks a TON of dependents? Alternatively, fix all of the built-in and base assets to meet the new rules, don't break your own rules. And 2.) provide a mechanism whereby a fixed asset can automagically be recognized by all of its dependents without having to go double click hundreds of them.

In this case, however, there is no change to the assets. The assets are compressed in the built-ins as they always have. The .texture files are the result of the data compression. The issue we have, as I explained, probably not clearly enough, is Content Manager doesn't know what to do with the built-in compressed image files, therefore, spits out an error.

PEV's Images2TGA can run batches from the command line. Peter actually provides instructions on how to do that in his very helpful documentation. I have done it many times myself and it works well.

The issue with built-in assets coming as modified after and EDR, however, is another one altogether. That is something else and while related to this regarding the image issue, is something else related to the code within the program its self. With that said, this should be bug reported.

I have found double-clicking on an asset to open the asset details preview box, often clears a faulty flag. This is after trying 'revert to original', which should work on the built-in assets.

Tried all of the above, any other suggestions?

If PEV's Images 2 TGA doesn't work, then that means the assets were built-ins or DLC from TANE. TANE built-ins have encrypted textures meaning they can't be repaired in the manner outlined above. Your only open then is to find a non-built-in version of he asset if possible.

If PEV's Images 2 TGA doesn't work, then that means the assets were built-ins or DLC from TANE. TANE built-ins have encrypted textures meaning they can't be repaired in the manner outlined above. Your only open then is to find a non-built-in version of he asset if possible.
1st off are we talking about <kuid:-3:10011> Diesel Fuel>. This is listed as a "Base" asset in TRS19 Build 110240. It's an old asset - TB2.0 and PEV image2tga program does open icon_texture.texture and creates icon_texture.texture.txt and icon_texture.tga. But when I try to submit the modified asset it says: "Not authorised to submit changes to asset <kuid:-3:10011>".

I use "revert to original" and it's listed as Base and CM is happy again.

I got identical behavior in TANE SP4 Build 105766. I could open and modify with PEV image2tga but not submit.

Now for TRS19 SP3 behavior.

I used PEV image2tga on <kuid:-3:10011> in TRS19 SP3 Build 111951 just as described above, submitted the modified asset and CM accepted it and it's now listed as "Modified". When I open and revert to original it list it as Built-in. I though it was a Base asset but I can't go back and verify that now. In past versions it definitely was.

Bob Pearson

PS No complaints by the dependent assets they still see the same kuid and kind regardless.

Last edited:
1st off are we talking about <kuid:-3:10011> Diesel Fuel>. This is listed as a "Base" asset in TRS19 Build 110240. It's an old asset - TB2.0 and PEV image2tga program does open icon_texture.texture and creates icon_texture.texture.txt and icon_texture.tga. But when I try to submit the modified asset it says: "Not authorised to submit changes to asset <kuid:-3:10011>".

I use "revert to original" and it's listed as Base and CM is happy again.

I got identical behavior in TANE SP4 Build 105766. I could open and modify with PEV image2tga but not submit.

Now for TRS19 SP3 behavior.

I used PEV image2tga on <kuid:-3:10011> in TRS19 SP3 Build 111951 just as described above, submitted the modified asset and CM accepted it and it's now listed as "Modified". When I open and revert to original it list it as Built-in. I though it was a Base asset but I can't go back and verify that now. In past versions it definitely was.

Bob Pearson

PS No complaints by the dependent assets they still see the same kuid and kind regardless.

Built-ins and Base are probably the same. It's confusing.

Why TRS19 does what it does, I don't know.

Is there a way to just delete that asset as it wont let me delete it in CMP, and is there one I can download somewhere to use then after I delete it?

Back