Trainz Plus Release Candidate 109646 (Mac) and 109641 (PC)

Tony_Hilliam

Trainz Plus - enjoy Trainz from just 20 cents a da
We've arrived at our final stage before official release of the latest Trainz Plus update. PC is one slightly larger patch (640MB) and one small patch. Mac is in three steps.

This is a non-assertions build so subject to your feedback may well become the official update version.

Known Issue:
This build has a newly identified issue with loading a saved session with "Streaming" or "Maximise Performance" enabled (so this affects new saved sessions for any builtin routes). To avoid the issue, use Edit Session then Quickdrive or UDS and the session will load correctly. The next update will have this resolved.

Apart from the usual bug fixes, this update includes a newly renovated PB15. Improvements include:
* Revamped Texturing
* Boiler blowdown pfx
* Customizable Signboards (Loco/Tender)
* ARN
* Updated Cabin with new texturing and cube map
* Compressing buffers (animated)

Happy testing!

Last edited:
Rough start, yesterdays session would not start. Reloaded, tried with new session and that worked. So a longer session now running through multiple stops and no issues!!

Why routes I have disabled now appear in route list? Found the answer: the filter must be set on "Installed" (why? They are disabled, not uninstalled). Great! Except that this setting is lost each time the route menu opens! Who had such a brilliant idea?

Last edited:
Why routes I have disabled now appear in route list? Found the answer: the filter must be set on "Installed" (why? They are disabled, not uninstalled). Great! Except that this setting is lost each time the route menu opens! Who had such a brilliant idea?

I agree
All I want to see are my own Routes .I set it to My Content then every time I start the menu defaults to Owned and has to be changed back
Why can't the settings you choose remain ?

Bulk Asset Update/Replace Tool no longer allows you to move track objects (e.g. speed signs) between layers. I just placed a number of track speed signs in the wrong layer. When I attempted to correct the error and move them to the route layer the option to do that did not appear. Is this change intentional or an oversight? It still works for normal scenery assets.

Meanwhile back to the old method of moving each one individually via its property window.

Nearly all seems ok!

Did find on the QR PB15 Loco that the 'Yarraman' signboard cannot be selected (I Just happen to currently live/work in Yarraman).
Also the signboard "Perrie"??? Should this correctly read 'Petrie'???

Shucks, feel like a rivet counter now!

Bulk Asset Update/Replace Tool no longer allows you to move track objects (e.g. speed signs) between layers. I just placed a number of track speed signs in the wrong layer. When I attempted to correct the error and move them to the route layer the option to do that did not appear. Is this change intentional or an oversight? It still works for normal scenery assets.

Meanwhile back to the old method of moving each one individually via its property window.

In the previous beta, there was a message of some sort that said you can't move track because track-objects are attached, or something close to that message. Is this related except without the notification?

My driving experience on my complex Gloucester Route seems to be okay and my time in Surveyor has been good so far. The performance is quite spiffy compared to the previous one and without the constant mini-stutters that were annoying.

In the previous beta, there was a message of some sort that said you can't move track because track-objects are attached, or something close to that message. Is this related except without the notification?

Moving track objects to a layer that was higher up the layer list than the layer containing the track always generated an error message but in my case I always put all track in the top-most route layer, the "route-layer", so that is never a problem. In the previous beta I am certain I was able to move speed signs from a lower layer, where I had accidentally placed them, up into the track layer (the route-layer), as I have done in all previous versions. In this release the option to do that no longer appears.

I'm pretty sure it has always been limited to scenery objects. The text says "scenery objects" and checking in 105100 while the option appeared to be possible, it didn't move any track or track objects (as they aren't scenery objects). So it has been this way for a year or more, or possibly for ever.

butler57 - thanks for the heads up.

Nearly all seems ok!

Did find on the QR PB15 Loco that the 'Yarraman' signboard cannot be selected (I Just happen to currently live/work in Yarraman).
Also the signboard "Perrie"??? Should this correctly read 'Petrie'???

Shucks, feel like a rivet counter now!

Butler57,

Thanks for reporting the bug. I've fixed the error so Yarraman, and two other station boards appear. The text for Petrie should also be correct now. My apologies!

Kind regards,
GDennish

The ContentManager (and the game ?) seems to have a problem with the obsolete-table in a config.txt. When trying to list all versions of an asset, the kuids listed in the obsolete-table are not shown.
Example: <kuid:-25:996> ALCo Hornsound
Code:
obsolete-table
{
  0                                     <kuid:-1:42003103>
  1                                     <kuid:-25:222>
}
Listing all version only shows <kuid:-25:996>.

Some other assets don't list all assets, obsoleted by them, in the obsolete table.
Example: <kuid:-25:1340> F7 Cabin TRS19 - LHD/KPH
Code:
obsolete-table
{
  0                                     <kuid:-25:47>
  1                                     <kuid:-25:1166>
  2                                     <kuid:-25:1335>
}
Missing are the kuids obsoleted by the listed ones, like <kuid:-1:101211> f7interior kph lhd obsoleted by <kuid:-25:47> f7interior kph lhd.

Peter

Those are built-in as are the obsolete ones from earlier versions of trainz. They are not listed as they are not on the DLS or available anywhere. They are there in case you moved a route from an earlier version that used those kuids.

TRS19 SP1 did list all obsolete versions, listed in the obsolete-table. In TRS19 SP2 RC assets using the obsoleted kuids in the config are flagged as having missing dependencies, and are not usable in the game.

Peter

Just to report that build 109646 (Mac) under macOS Big Sur 11.0.1 + eGPU results in black screen.
Without eGPU it opens normally, but with unplayable frame rates on my 2018 Mac Mini.

I'm not going to expend a lot of effort to solve this problem, as I am awaiting delivery of the new
M1 Mac Mini that should be capable of running TRS19 without breaking into a sweat.:cool: Will keep
Trainzers posted.

Just to report that build 109646 (Mac) under macOS Big Sur 11.0.1 + eGPU results in black screen.
Without eGPU it opens normally, but with unplayable frame rates on my 2018 Mac Mini.

I'm not going to expend a lot of effort to solve this problem, as I am awaiting delivery of the new
M1 Mac Mini that should be capable of running TRS19 without breaking into a sweat.:cool: Will keep
Trainzers posted.

Yes, Please do report back on the M1 Mini and TRS19.

Just wanted to bump this post as I am still having the same problem where every time I start the game if I am adding track objects I have to delete missing assets and save so they will stick to the track
Still the same assets though none show as missing dependencies or have missing dependencies according to CM
But in this and all the others config only shows "missing night tag as a warning " no an error

Have encountered a problem where track objects wont move with the track
I can slide the object along the track without problems but if I move the track spline to another place the track object remains in it's original position .
It will only move with the track after I have deleted missing assets and saved then re enter the game.
When this happens CM is not showing any errors or missing content although the delete assets show a few in the list
All are showing missing "night" tag which wont show in CM unless you select the item itself and check for missing dependencies
These are what was causing the problem and CM shows nothing is missing or faulty in my entire data base

Edit : After deleting missing dependencies and saving all the deleted objects remain in the route they weren't deleted.

img hosting

Last edited:
Have encountered a problem where track objects wont move with the track
I can slide the object along the track without problems but if I move the track spline to another place the track object remains in it's original position .
It will only move with the track after I have deleted missing assets and saved then re enter the game.
When this happens CM is not showing any errors or missing content although the delete assets show a few in the list
All are showing missing "night" tag which wont show in CM unless you select the item itself and check for missing dependencies
These are what was causing the problem and CM shows nothing is missing or faulty in my entire data base

Edit : After deleting missing dependencies and saving all the deleted objects remain in the route they weren't deleted.

I reported this before and Tony suggested it was route corruption of some sort and to run the D-M-A routine. After doing that, checking to ensure nothing was missing, everything worked fine. Subsequent saves in TRS2019-Plus SP2 have been fine without the objects remaining tens of meters away from the rails.

Back