Erratic missing letter problem when typing post

narrowgauge

92 year oldTrainz veteran
Is any one having difficulty in typing a post, with letters missing and erratic behaviour of the new line key. On my machine this does not occur anywhere else. just in the forum quick reply window. I have tried two keyboards and I am typing this with no problems in Notepad.

Peter

Yes, it's been happening to me for about a week now. If I switch editor to source mode (first icon on menu bar) it seems to work better.

Sounds like the Internet Explorer compatibility setting problem, no issues with Firefox, haven't used IE for years.

This is typed in source mode and seems to be better. Just typed out the alphabet at my normal fairly slow rate and every letter was printed.
new line

new line

new line

New line key seems to work OK.

Now, why has this changed, I don't remember when I first noticed it, it seemed OK before I went away in November. I made no changes, same browser, same keyboard and obviously as using source mode fixes it, there is something wrong with the web site.

Let's see how many more reports we get and then dump it on N3V.

Peter

Check your compatibility view settings
I had all sorts of problems after an update, This solve my problems

Cheers,
Patchy

I noted this a couple of weeks ago. Switching to compatibility mode seems to have fixed it, although it wasn't a problem on other vBulletin boards I frequent.

I noted this a couple of weeks ago. Switching to compatibility mode seems to have fixed it, although it wasn't a problem on other vBulletin boards I frequent.

This could be a Vbulletin version thing. Blame it on the LGM that live in and under computers. :)

John

I discovered, the hard way, that if you clean-up your browser as in temp files, cookies, etc., you lose your compatibility mode settings. This means that you will have to add the link back into the list.

John

Hmm, it's an IE11 thing. Go to 'Settings Compatibility View' (have a Dutch version so the exact term may vary) and add auran.com to the list there and all trouble vanishes. :hehe:

Greetings and seasonal best wishes from nighttime Amsterdam,

Jan

Back