Show your models!

Almost done with the interior for the NC van kit

10648235_708828882520067_8481089458672509035_o.jpg

Cheers
Stevo

Givin' this thread some light. As well as an old Lego model i finished restoring, both cosmetically and operatively.

gUcfFcL.jpg

It's set #10194, the Emerald Night 4-6-2, loosely based on a Gresley A3, now fully fitted with Lego's Power Functions, used to make the engine run using the remote in the picture (which also operates the headlights now!). The tender, however, needed some work. It was originally an American type, similar to Ben Neal's S&A 750 original tender, which seems to be the closest resemblance to the original build of the EN's tender.

75fIPZM.jpg

I also made a little display shelf a while ago for it, and finally filled the space.

SI5hk8r.jpg

In the back are two models of my own creation, based off of a British Railways 12-ton fitted van and a random Private Owner's 7-plank wagon.

4JKuyH6.jpg

(Sorry for the bad image quality. I used my iPod instead of an actual camera.)

Best Regards,

Last edited:
Wow, thats cool, had an idea for building a saddle tank engine, but the amount of money for motors and my lack of parts would have made it impossible. I could have made it a dummy loco, and had a powered boxcar, but it is all taken apart now.

The new and latest addition to my growing diesel locomotive fleet. Bachmann's limited edition BR Class 03179 in WAGN livery -

Unlike my two Hornby BR Class 06 shunters, this one has a built-in working cab light.
Andy.

Last edited:
Hey all,

This has been in storage for 10 years and finally got it all setup, it's 8' x 2', this video is to show how a small wheelbase loco runs on it.

Cheers.

Since my last posting of this bridge, I have added piano wire along the sides to represent the large rods/bolts that held various timbers together as well as the stringers that the track rests upon. I have also painted the bridge but do not have a photo of it in that stage.

Full size photo 3000x4000

WARNING: This post contains large and numerous images! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

Here's some neat goodies i just acquired today from a friend. Sorry for the bad quality.

Old-styl Freight Set (Great Northern Boxcar #11874, Lehigh Valley Coal Hopper #25000, Chesapeake & Ohio Gondola #36000, and New York Central Bay Window Caboose #20298)

k0yA0wR.jpg

LMNGPJa.jpg

BKFfQ18.jpg

Ebc040n.jpg

Condition: Good

Santa Fe Passenger Set (1 Tavern/Baggage, 2 Coaches, 1 Obsevation)

LRJQh5M.jpg

Condition: Fair
Notes: All cars are missing one coupler each.

Santa Fe Saddle Tank Switchers

ZVh8fBj.jpg

Notes: Both run well, but spark often, and the one on the right dies near where this pic was taken.

Santa Fe F3 (?) A-unit #4015 & B-unit

7PBtfke.jpg

Notes: A-unit can only run backwards. One of the B-unit's trucks are broken, but can be placed under the unit fine.

New York Central F7 (?) A-unit #4000

NwBmVHn.jpg

Condition: Bad
Notes: Motor is busted. Runs for about 1/2 second, then sparks and dies.

Erie Lackawanna PA #850 & PB #870

sDa1iLI.jpg

Condition: Good
Notes: A-unit is missing its rear coupler.

That's all for now. Best regards,

Bachmann NKP 765 which is my first sound engine,
DSC01366_zpslw2oooos.jpg

And IHC Pere Marquette 2-8-0 921 which I hope to have converted to DCC tomorrow at the Ottawa Train Expo.

DSC01365_zpsubpadsmx.jpg

Earlier in the week, I was given some trains.

It is the rolling stock from the 1977 Tyco 'Chattanooga Choo Choo' set, minus the 'Old Dutch Cleanser' hopper which I hope to track down.
(If anyone has one they would like to be rid of, please message me)

I've heard a lot about Tyco trains being rubbish and also that they still have no value, but I could not say 'No' to free trains. :D
(Even if said trains are not in my era or region of interest)

It actually runs surprisingly well after a clean, though it needs some oil. And the interior light in the locomotive works! I just hope it doesn't turn out to have a '40 hour lifespan' as I've heard some do....

Kieran.

Not the best photo, but my newest model's. Finally some CSX power for my CSX layout.

11205159_605722312898521_5458588333635430128_n.jpg

Last edited:
Earlier in the week, I was given some trains.

It is the rolling stock from the 1977 Tyco 'Chattanooga Choo Choo' set, minus the 'Old Dutch Cleanser' hopper which I hope to track down.
(If anyone has one they would like to be rid of, please message me)

I've heard a lot about Tyco trains being rubbish and also that they still have no value, but I could not say 'No' to free trains. :D
(Even if said trains are not in my era or region of interest)

It actually runs surprisingly well after a clean, though it needs some oil. And the interior light in the locomotive works! I just hope it doesn't turn out to have a '40 hour lifespan' as I've heard some do....

Kieran.

That is funny, looking at the old American household product names. I'd imagine those were not so common over in your area.

Paul

That is funny, looking at the old American household product names. I'd imagine those were not so common over in your area.

Paul

Nope, they're still nearly as common here as they are over there. Well, maybe not Tyco themselves, though. Bachmann, Athearn and ones like that are. Still doesn't help the fact that if anything Tyco does come up, it's usually fairly undesirable. I doubt I could sell these items for much and that I would be hard-pressed to even give them away - not that I plan to get rid of them.

What you'll also find a lot of at 2nd hand stalls and swapmeets over here is Tri-ang rolling stock, which is probably more common here than it is in the US.

Kieran.

Back