Brazemore Yard: A review [Screenshots]

ktain.ny

When I was 6 years old, my mom took me to target, and I was wondering around the DVD aisle, and I came across a certain DVD which had a Norfolk Southern GE on it... it read 'Trainz 2006'. I loved trains and was instantly intrigued, so I asked my mom to buy it for me. One of the main routes in Trainz 2006 was 'City And Country USA'. I don't know why but the layout of the route was so entertaining, a small yard and plenty of industries, a branch line that ran up into the hills, and a large terminus and commuter line.

I recently acquired the payware route 'Brazemore Yard', by Eso. It is, in a word, fantastic. It mirrors so many of the things I loved about 'City And Country USA' as a child. When combined with the 'edit trains' tool in driver mode, it really makes you feel like your operating on an HO Scale layout. As an HO Scale modeler who operates on a club layout once a week, it is perfect. A single track mainline, industries to service, and a big a#s yard make this route really shine. I'd say its my favorite route right now.

LZepK4E.jpg

WKLImfH.jpg

tFfn88V.jpg

SSWOSXW.jpg

M6Gfoaa.jpg

cVfAkF0.jpg

5mDt30J.jpg

Just a note for TRS19 users.. The sessions that come with this route do not work properly in TRS19 as is. I cloned and made changes to them to get them to work. Best to do your own runs and sessions.

I wish more people made reviews of pay ware so I knew what I'm getting my self into lol.

The route is really what counts in 99% of the cases anyway. You can always make your own sessions. The route its self is quite nicely done. There are a few things I would have done differently, but that's usually the case anyway.

The route is really what counts in 99% of the cases anyway. You can always make your own sessions. The route its self is quite nicely done. There are a few things I would have done differently, but that's usually the case anyway.

Agreed. But I do like to run the sessions to help me get a start on industries and commodities used on route.

What I like to do is put down a bunch of locomotives and fill all the sidings with rolling stock, then take a road switcher to collect the cars, bring them back to the yard, switch them into a manifest, and then couple up some bigger 6 axle diesels to do a few laps. Bring the train back to the yard, disassemble, and switch the cars into different sidings again.

Back