should there be a post about permissions by authors

I am waiting on about 5 reskins questions from different people, that it looks if are no longer active in the game. Noething in the files say if it is okay to reskin or not, sadly. So on to next project I guess.

I've never been a reskinner although I played with PaintShed (TS4?) some years ago. Frankly, I don't know how people manage to reskin with the complex textures in use for later versions of Trainz. The TRS19 PBR materials and textures will probably kill off reskinning completely.

You might consider taking up asset creation and making your own models. It can be fun and rather addictive. In general, you don't need to ask anyone's permission to do that except for those models where copyright is likely to be an issue. Thomas the Tank Engine for example.

I am waiting on about 5 reskins questions from different people, that it looks if are no longer active in the game. Noething in the files say if it is okay to reskin or not, sadly. So on to next project I guess.

Like we already told you: it dosen't mean there's nothing on the config.txt that you can upload and if there's no response then move on and keep it for yourself

Like I said on to next project.

Wish I had time to take up making my own models, not enough time in day as it is.

"Please excuse my being a bit off topic here not to derail the post"

For me to CCs here my thots with my models I can only speak for my self here so here I go.
Well we are on the topic of needing permission (forgive me if I'm a bit offline) Anyone can edit, share, reskin and release anything I made past or present including models under my former account "Dragonharh" I understand there's some confusion about the same models under to usernames but they are all mine ( everything I made as Dragonharh or VIA6415 ).

Ok, back on topic Sorry I had to add my pice in.
I think having this post pinned is a wise idea for users unsure what to do.

Yeah ... You can do whatever you wish with my Paintshed TGV's too

Trainz is becoming a haven for CCC (ContentCreationCopyists), plagiarizing OPS (OtherPeoplesStuff) assets

pla·gia·rize
ˈplājəˌrīz/
verb
[COLOR=#878787 !important]gerund or present participle: plagiarizing[/COLOR]

• take (the work or an idea of someone else) and pass it off as one's own.
    synonyms:copy, infringe the copyright of, pirate, steal, poach, appropriate; More

• copy from (someone) and pass it off as one's own.

Last edited:
Yeah ... You can do whatever you wish with my Paintshed TGV's too. Trainz is becoming a haven for CCC (ContentCreationCopyists), plagiarizing OPS (OtherPeoplesStuff) assets.

Anything available for download online will be modified, extended, changed or whatever. It is just a fact of Internet life these days. We can fight a losing battle here on this issue or finds ways to manage it. A few years back Creative Commons came out with workable licenses for dealing with this issue. See my post at the following forum link for an example of how I used the Creative Commons License for all of my stuff:

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/sho...ns-License-for-MSGSapper-s-Trainz-DLS-content

Bob

Back