Missing Survey Reward

BuilderBob

Does anyone know what happened to the reward for filling in the subscription survey?

I supplied an email, but there was no choice at the end like the message said. I have lodged a support ticket, but as that usually takes a day or two to be answered I am concerned that the sale will be over before the reward arrives.

I lodged a ticket too for the same reason. The answer I got today said ""Our team will be sending out another email to follow up with you at a later time, which will ask for your choice for your survey reward."

So it will come SOON (TM)

The answer I got today said ""Our team will be sending out another email to follow up with you at a later time, which will ask for your choice for your survey reward."
Is that e-mail going to everyone who did the survey, or only those who lodged a support ticket? I have been upcountry with no wifi so I may have missed a post.

I have sent you a PM with the full text of the email. Not too sure if it will be of any use to you by the time it arrives. If you really want it, then contacting the HelpDesk may be the way to go.

Good Luck

I have sent you a PM with the full text of the email. Not too sure if it will be of any use to you by the time it arrives. If you really want it, then contacting the HelpDesk may be the way to go.
Thanks, but that horse has well and truly bolted. Why would they put that sort of time limit on it when they know they were late in advising people? Seems like a poor way to treat those who took the time and trouble to do the survey.

There seems to be some misunderstanding here about the rewards and the relationship to the sale. The reward for Gold and Silver members was (will be, as soon as it is complete) early access to the Class 37 cab. At the bottom of the email, there was a note about the [then current] Winter Sale:

WINTER SALE
Right now there is a
Trainz Store sale on with 25-80% off most items. Your 25% discount still applies to all DLC items, but please note it does not apply to TRS19 during this 3 day sale period.

This discount was not related to your survey response, but is part of your ongoing membership.

As John points out the link from the image in the follow up email was incorrect (but irrelevant to the opening post I believe).

I'm not sure what I've missed, but feel free to shed more light on what you believe was offered that wasn't delivered.

I'm not sure what I've missed, but feel free to shed more light on what you believe was offered that wasn't delivered.

The statement in the email "Your 25% discount still applies to all DLC items, but please note it does not apply to TRS19 during this 3 day sale period." strongly implies that the reward will be applicable to DLC sale items.
The delay in providing the discount code means that it couldn't be applied to sale items.
At least one person who responded to the survey never got the email.
No information was available as to when to expect the email, and there was no warning there would be a validity period.
The validity period for the discount code was far too short.

How can the discount mentioned be related to the ongoing membership when the point of the survey is to get a response from people who no longer have an ongoing membership?

I can tell you're upset so I'll provide information on our point of view, but then let's just agree that we need to communicate in more detail in future so that misunderstandings are less likely to occur.

The statement in the email "Your 25% discount still applies to all DLC items, but please note it does not apply to TRS19 during this 3 day sale period." strongly implies that the reward will be applicable to DLC sale items.
>>
I'm really sorry if you got that impression. The "impression" it was meant to give was that "usually your 25% Gold Discount could be applied to TRS19, but during the sale this option was not offered". It has nothing at all to do with the survey reward (which was offered to some groups of people who didn't have a 25% Gold Discount code through their membership).

The delay in providing the discount code means that it couldn't be applied to sale items.
>>
There has been no delay in issuing the reward. It was never intended to be related to the sale, so you are simply reading something into something that was never mentioned.

At least one person who responded to the survey never got the email.
>>
We are unable to communicate with people from our main email server with people who have unsubscribed from that system. There are significant limitations of communicating through the subscription email system, so their only option is to contact helpdesk and request a copy of the email sent manually to them by helpdesk.

No information was available as to when to expect the email, and there was no warning there would be a validity period.
>>
There was also no information that anything would happen overnight. The survey and the sale being two distinctly different events, we hadn't considered mentioning they do not relate to one another.

The validity period for the discount code was far too short.
>>
Actually 80% of the codes issued were used within 2 days of being issued and no-one used a code on the final day of the offer (there were 5 days to use the code in the store).

How can the discount mentioned be related to the ongoing membership when the point of the survey is to get a response from people who no longer have an ongoing membership?
>>
There were different offers to different groups of customers (it's called marketing segmentation) so I'm not sure exactly which offer you got.
The Store discount was offered to certain groups of people who had cancelled their membership (with 5 days to use it or lose it).
There was also a membership offer to certain groups with an end date of Aug 31 (as this gives time to consider our upcoming changes to the membership offer, being worked on now).
Other groups will receive different offers prior to the new membership offer becoming available (can't give away all our marketing secrets).

I hope this all helps explain that there was no conspiracy theory at work and that we're simply trying to gather feedback, reward people to incentivize more feedback, and work on improving our offering (underway).

Last edited:
Had my new Class 37 cabview today. Not my thing at all with radio equipment, too modern.

As it was free i will leave it at that.

Shame you didn't commision a new payware Class 37 to go with it though.

We need good quality UK & AU DLC diesel loco packs.

I would pay £50 no problem for a comprehensive pack with custom sounds, cabviews and livery variations.

Nice NSW 422 class or 442 class with all the features. £50 is far more than DTG charges and they manage some good quality UK addons.

2019-07-09-121850.jpg

2019-07-09-121950.jpg

Last edited:
Back