Re: Serial Number

racingtrains

Re: Serial Number

I've just downloaded Trainz 2019 off of Steam, where do I find the serial number so I can register the game?

Tane and TRS19 don't use serial numbers. It uses your login and password to recognize you as a proper owner. It should be the same username you use to log into the Trainz store.

It can take a day or so for the icon to appear next to your name in the forum. If it doesn't show up then contact the helpdesk.

If you got the downloader screen the first time you started the game then you are all set.

William

Last edited:
Tane and TRS19 don't use serial numbers. It uses your login and password to recognize you as a proper owner. William
Question: Shouldn't be listed in MyTrainz/serial numbers ?

It isn't listed in mine.

This ol' 06 dinosaur, finally took the plunge, and jumped into TS19, without boots on :cool: lol, liking it a lot (lial)

Last edited:
Question: Shouldn't be listed in MyTrainz/serial numbers ?

It isn't listed in mine.

This ol' 06 dinosaur, finally took the plunge, and jumped into TS19, without boots on :cool: lol, liking it a lot (lial)

Nope. It's tracked in your MyTrainz account and does not display there or in the game.

I'm glad you like it. Going there once and you'll never go back.

Still not working

Nope. It's tracked in your MyTrainz account and does not display there or in the game.

I'm glad you like it. Going there once and you'll never go back.

My account shows TRS 2019 allocated to my account, and I downloaded and installed it, but when I tried to run it for the first time, I got a popup that said "Unable to authorise this product. Please check your MyTrainz account details (previously Planet Auran) in Launcher>Settings>Internet."

I don't find any menu item called Launcher on my account page or in the menu bar of the program.

Anyone have any idea what I need to do to get rolling? Thanks!

rmatthtrainz: The Launcher is the name for the initial dialog (screen) that pops up when you start TRS19.
Click on the Trainz Settings command button to enter the settings menu. At the top of the Settings dialog in Launcher are several tabs. One tab is called 'Internet', which allows you to enter your User Name (rmatthtrainz) and Password combination to secure authorization.
Hope this helps.

Last edited:
rmatthtrainz: The Launcher is the name for the initial dialog (screen) that pops up when you start TRS19.
Click on the Trainz Settings command button to enter the settings menu. At the top of the Settings dialog in Launcher are several tabs. One tab is called 'Internet', which allows you to enter your User Name (rmatthtrainz) and Password combination to secure authorization.
Hope this helps.

Thanks for your help. Actually, I finally figured out what "Launcher" was a couple of hours after I posted my help request and got the program started. Just came online now to post that news and found the answer already here. Glad to see the Trainz users community is so willing to help. Thanks again.

Just a bit of FYI for someone in the future. The Steam install actually asks for the username and password during the install process and provides a link to go and create an account at N3V if you don't have one.

William

Back