content requests

JonMyrlennBailey

1. Baldwin consolidation locomotive with Vanderbilt oil tender, SP and/or UP
2. Baldwin 2-6-6-2 mallet steam engine in standard gauge
3. GP-38 in SP gray/red nose-wing livery
4. GP7/9 in SP gray/red nose-wing livery
5. classic Illinois Central diesel/electrics of some kind

Sounds a bit like you’re gimmiepigging….

But to answer your question:
JR made an SP GP9 in the bloody nose livery that is still for purchase
JR JUST released a payware SP SD39, you could give it some Blomberg-B’s and call it a GP38…..
RRMods made an SP GP38-2 that is still for purchase
I believe a 2-6-6-2 mallet is for download on the DLS.
I do not know of a Harriman consolidation or any IC electrics, but JR made a few IC diesels and TrainzForge made some E7’s.

Last edited:
TrainzForge has some UP Harriman consolidations, wouldn't take too much to reskin and kitbash to SP I imagine.

What I would like to see is Trainz hire at least one content creator to make additional built in US content. Mainly routes and steam locomotives.

Imagine going from Denver to Utah along the UP in a 4-4-0 or early 2-6-0. Or since there already is a UP Lookout Pass line, driving the route in the early days of the NP.

Or running heavy freights with steam in sessions geared around the WWI or WWI time period when the railroads were in their prime.

And what about at least one of the more popular narrow gage railroads that ran in the US? There are many to choose from.

Last edited:
That guy or gal would be so swamped with requests it would be ridiculous. Just look at the JR wish list postings. And why should the US get preference?

It's because guys like that are why we lost some of the grates content creators over the years, gimme this gimme that how about shut the F up!

What I would like to see is Trainz hire at least one content creator to make additional built in US content. Mainly routes and steam locomotives.

Imagine going from Denver to Utah along the UP in a 4-4-0 or early 2-6-0. Or since there already is a UP Lookout Pass line, driving the route in the early days of the NP.

Or running heavy freights with steam in sessions geared around the WWI or WWI time period when the railroads were in their prime.

And what about at least one of the more popular narrow gauge railroads that ran in the US? There are many to choose from.

Given the amount of time that either of those assets takes to create, we would be waiting for years or longer before anything is released. A decent route in its self takes years to build not counting the many, many months or even a year or more for sessions. It's not just the route building part that takes the time. Once a route is built, it needs to be checked over in a finite detail as it's put through a QC/QA check. For one's own use a quick build if is fine, but if the route is going to be sold, then it needs to be gone over more and through a tough beta test as well. This is true for sessions as well. Even after a session is released and tested, there are still revisions needed due to anomalies and differences found as it runs on various setups.

Steam locomotives are about the most difficult of assets to create. These too can take many, many months if not longer to produce, so tossing one of these on to a payware page, or on the DLS is not for the faint of heart, and the same goes for payware. The assets better be worth the purchase, otherwise, you're name is mud when it comes to content. Given the amount of content you're looking for, I'm revising my could be years to could be many, many years or more before we see content.

Back