TRS19 SP5 Beta (115546)

Weevil - can you try switching to SP5 beta and not pointing to your existing local folder. That should work fine. Then copy just your "local" folder across (i.e. "/build xxyy/local") and run a db repair and retry.
If that works ok, then copy your "Original" folder across (i.e. "/build xxyy/original") and run a db repair and retry.
And if so, problem solved.

Weevil - can you try switching to SP5 beta and not pointing to your existing local folder. That should work fine. Then copy just your "local" folder across (i.e. "/build xxyy/local") and run a db repair and retry.
If that works ok, then copy your "Original" folder across (i.e. "/build xxyy/original") and run a db repair and retry.
And if so, problem solved.

Tony, did a complete new install of SP4 in a new folder and pointed it at a new empty local folder. Applied the SP5 beta. Can't log in.

You don't mention why you can't log in - is there an error? What does it say?
You don't mention if you entered your details - but in theory, that's all you need to do.

You don't mention why you can't log in - is there an error? What does it say?
You don't mention if you entered your details - but in theory, that's all you need to do.

From the launcher I select "settings" and go to the "MyTrainz" tab. Under the heading "MyTrainz account:" it says "No MyTrainz login."

If I click on this it prompts me to create a new account. The option to login to an existing account is greyed out. Obviously I don't want to create a new account but to log in to my existing one.

"The option to login to an existing account is greyed out."

It should show you a box with room to enter Username and password. It says "No details set" under this. Can you send a screenshot (you can PM me or email helpdesk if it's easier)

There is a button to Create Account also available for those that don't have an existing username and password.

Had the exact same thing in post #2 of this thread

omfps (Old Men Forget Password Syndrome)

Steps to reproduce:
-Install a new version of TRS19 SP3 or SP4
-Launcher [Trainz Settings] /My Trainz\
-Enter your login and pass at least 3x wrong (could be 5 I forgot)
-At a certain stage the only screen is to make a new account with the login button greyed out
-Start Patch installer (in the TRS19 dir), this time enter your name/pass correct
-it will start the update process just fine
-Again Launcher [Trainz Settings] /My Trainz\
-enter your name and login correct
-it will still have the login button greyed out (it has stored somewhere you tried too many)

Can you send a screenshot . . .

As requested:

Screenshot-64.png

Clicking on the "No MyTrainz login" link brings up this:

Screenshot-65.png

Weevil if your name and pass are correct, try the enter key instead of the greyed out button, (it helped me)

You can also use TAB key which, in my case here, validates that login and returns a "valid" login msg. But your screenshot does look weird. I don't recall the Login button being unavailable like that if you had entries in Username and Password. Of course, if not valid they may not work, but the button would at least work and return a "bad" login.

I've checked out the greyed out button. This will remain grey if you do not have a "valid" password entered.
i.e.
- 5 characters minimum
- no spaces or special characters (e.g. @#! etc)

Once your password is a valid entry, it will become available.

If you do somehow have a special character in your password, then you'll need to reset it in MyTrainz.

Thanks for all the replies guys. No idea what has changed but I just updated to the latest patch and I'm in!

.. last days i tried to update to trs19-sp5 ..
- started with making a clean folder => launcher / trainz settings / install / local data folder = q:\trs19\beta5
- installed patch in a minute
- started trainz
- performance setting = high
- my trainz inlog details / login / succeeded ...
- no automatic dbase repair
- manage content looks good .. with symbols / icons in front of the names ..
- start game = quite fast .. random (?) loc (co kanawha) from my collection / select list ..
- driver/surveyor / select route = although "all" yellow routes show up, content manager shows 4 ..
- driver/surveyor / select route / route / view sessions / source purchased = ".. no content matches your current filter settings .."
- route / fall harvest - nebraska / view sessions = download ...
- route / download .. or via launcher / content store / purchased / install ..
- i didn't install all the routes, because i have an existing datafolder ..

existing datafolder :
- launcher / trainz settings / install / local data folder = q:\trs19\userdata 1909 = work
- exit game
- restart game = automatic dbase repair :

• 00:00 waiting for database repair
  • 00:00 clearing cached data for asset, scripts and downloads
  • 00:00 scanning for duplicate asset files
  • 00:00 scanning for deleted asset files
  • 00:01 scanning for added asset files (77638 asset folders scanned)
  • 00:01 scanning for modified asset files (633517/633517)
  • 00:02 importing packaged assets
  • 00:03 caching obsolete assets (137063/633517)
  • 00:06 ckecking for faulty assets (633517/633517)
  • 00:13 checking for ..
  • …..... ctd .. after at least 3 hours ..
- restart game = automatic dbase repair :

• 04:43 cleaning cached data for asset, scripts and downloads
  • 04:44 scanning for added asset files (.... asset folders scanned)
  • 07:42 ckecking for faulty assets (633517/633517)
  • 17:41 still processing or hanging ..
  • 18:35 restart game
  • 18:37 scanning for deleted asset files (.../633821)
  • 20:45 hanging ..

- i did 10 (re)starts
- every time there was a self-starting dbase repair
- result : 6x ctd and 4 hangings (4 till 13 hours)_
- ctd = crash to desktop = disappearing of launcher and progress window (with pressed arrow for following the actions ..)
- hanging = no progress or changing in the list of actions .. although task manager shows some process action ..
- after ctd / hanging i interrupted the dbase repair at restart = content manager looks ok, but when i want to open a route via cm it starts a dbase repair ..
- i copied the txt in progress window, while it was hanging .. (edit / select all = only possible when there is no action (anymore) in te txt ..) .. unfortunately without timestamp (not pssible..) ..
- i tried trainzutil / prebuild .. but that results also a hanging ..
- i have screenshots of task manager (= ctrl+alt+del) in full action (processor 97%) and while hanging (11%) ..
- i did an extended (or extensive) dbase repair = clearly more action than during selfstarting dbase repair .. checking for faulty assets (634047/634047) .. note the increased asset numbers ..

• 13:22
update-to-trs19-sp5-%3D-115546.jpg

• 16:30 ctd …..

tomorrow i will :
- try another existing data folder
- shorten name existing data folder : userdata_19.5
- submit a bug report : https://n3vgames.typeform.com/to/xRdryu?typeform-source=support.trainzportal.com

TY for all the time Daveric and detailed report
glad I only used a fresh version
the newer beta should be faster
groetjes GM

• 07:42 ckecking for faulty assets (633517/633517)
  • 17:41 still processing or hanging ..

This is a known issue. The counter got ahead of the actual processing. You can see the process is working by expanding the caret (arrow) and the data move along.

If you are getting CTDs, during a DBR, I recommend increasing your Windows page file to at least 2X your RAM. For 16GB, set that to 32GB. You'll notice too that everything overall moves quite a bit spiffier as well. This was something I noticed way back when TANE first came out and reported it, but nothing was done back then. There was an issue with the ticketing system and tickets were lost at the time, so I'm going to say that's what happened.

@g.m. : thankz for the support ..
@jcitron : thankz for the reminders .. i had set the page file already to 32000 mb and raised it to 48000 ..

qa team responded very quick (within 3 hours) during my sleep :
".. Thanks for the detailed report. It is most likely there's a corrupt asset somewhere, but unless you can upload your entire local data folder and send us a link it's going to be hard to track down. (Wouldn't need your ,backups folder)
You could send me your assets.tdx file and we can see if that still has an issue.
I just noticed your build number - there is a new patch and that may resolve the issue, but if not try the following...
There are a couple of things to try.
1. Rename both /local and /original folders (e.g. /local-old /original-old)
2. Restart Trainz and allow the db repair to complete
3. Close all windows
4. Delete the newly created /local and rename the other one back to /local
5. Restart Trainz and allow the db repair to complete
6. Close all windows
7. Delete the newly created /original and rename the other one back to /original
8. Restart Trainz and allow the db repair to complete
If you got to this stage, then the problem has been resolved .."
.. thankz a lot team ..

.. so i searched in the forum for the post i missed yesterday during my rebuilding period and found : https://forums.auran.com/trainz/sho...ta-115653-now-available&p=1899054#post1899054
- i changed the stream in launcher / install / change trainz update stream : trs19 beta
- launcher prompted a new update was available
- after updating and starting trainz the dbase repair started : .. the counter ticked correctly and "the data move along" with a rockin' heartbeat .. 1410 seconds ...
- and all was well .. now i can enjoy the changes and have fun ..
.. stay relaxed and healthy ..
grtz
daveric

I noticed this in the latest update - not sure whether it's been addressed or not. A weird sun-visor is now there, and I can't seem to move it.
Also, when loading the session options in driver, they're not adjustable.

Last edited:
hi neil, what is the kuid of the cab?
the session options broken is also in the newer beta build

I have simillar problem with a legacy interior (built 1.3)

3ZdakNQ.png

This is a legacy interior of DS → <kuid:-25:1168> gen 1044

I guess this KUID has dead by obsolete
3ZdakNQ

3ZdakNQ

3ZdakNQ

Back