An open letter to N3V engineers

The CRG can correct assets uploaded to the DLS but not for assets uploaded elsewhere. Based on what I've seen in this thread I think some authors will go ahead and fix their own and that should be encouraged. The CRG could fix those not repaired and identified as faulty. Note that this is a script logic fault and therefore may not fail validation so the CRG cannot easily identify affected assets.

One problem is that these assets have a complex lighting system that appears to conform with lighting rules for some countries. Fixing the problem without such knowledge may introduce unwanted side effects.

If anyone knows of an asset that will not be fixed by the author then please let me know via PM.

If anyone knows of an asset that will not be fixed by the author then please let me know via PM.

Dear Paul, it's a complicated issue - as most issues regarding this subject. I was was creating content for Trainz since 2007 - in the end it was over 600 locomotives and cars (not counting reskins - this will double or triple the score) + over 600 scenery objects. I was updating the rolling stock and locomotives throughout the years, but working on such a fleet single-handed is a huge challenge. At the moment I am in the middle of the update process and a number of models already underwent that while others still await in line. I stick to the rule, that all updated models are being published at the DLS - others in their older versions are either unavailable at all or await for further updates at our home page - www.trainzart.pl

The list of updated locomotives from my stable that have been crashed (the ones that have been published on the DLS during the last 2 years) with the ongoing script problem was stated on the 2nd or 3rd page of this thread. I am slowly preparing to plant a fixed script in all of them and I will let you all know when that will be done. All other locomotive models that await for update and publishing will receive the fixed script solution before being sent to the DLS. There's going to be a bigger problem with our home site, because it will take an awful lot of time to re-upload the models there.

I would also kindly ask two guys who have been extremly active in discussing about nothing throughout this thread to stop doing that. We were hit with a huge disaster, and desperately searched for help/solutions. Trying to proove us wrong while not having anything helpful to add in solving the problem, undermining the legal basics of our work, stating numerous useless opinions about what is out of date and what should have been done - when none of you was even a bit "injured" in your Trainz area of interest with the problem that almost broke our neck (both emotionally and regarding time loss and effort) - this is wrong. We are doing our best to solve the problem and I am very grateful to people who tried to help - all who analysed, tested, searched for a solution and finally found it, the ones who implemented it in the script - thank you so much, this is real help.

From my point of view digging up off topics like who is wrong, who is right, what should have been done, who is the author of what, who owns the right to change this or that or what is out of date is a loss of time, so please - do not continue unless you want to add something directly connected with fixing the problem.

Last edited:

From my point of view digging up off topics like who is wrong, who is right, what should have been done, who is the author of what, who owns the right to change this or that or what is out of date is a loss of time, so please - do not continue unless you want to add something directly connected with fixing the problem.

That's a bit harsh considering I was offering the CRG's help to fix any asset not repaired by the author. I'm happy not to do anything at all WRT to this problem and use my time to address the other 7000+ assets that authors could not be bothered fixing.

I wanted to correct the assertion that N3V cannot repair assets as it allegedly infringes copyright.

I think you missed that the quoted part of my post was refering to someone else. The first 3 lines were an answer to your question.

As for legal issues - I do not enjoy a situation where I'm forced by somebody to confess whether what I do is even legally right. From where I come - it's obvious that these things should be clean and smooth - and I prefer to trust people then to questions their actions in a situation like this.

Last edited:
No more naive then your comparison of perpetually developed Trainz and a toaster.

If you would have read the previous post carefully - the problem is almost solved now, only the work-to-be-done remains. There's no need for further off topic, explanations and opinions. This does not bring any new solutions, nor new knowledge to the situation - stop doing that.

And if my word is not enough - I am the only person responsible for my models and the scripts used in them - with all blessings from the original script authors and additional texture authors. I wouln't ask N3V for a comprehensive solution without that. I have nothing more to add (until I'll be done with the repairs).

do not continue unless you want to add something directly connected with fixing the problem. Stop doing that
You are not a moderator, and you do not have the authority to tell other people what to do or how they should behave. (You can, however, offer suggestions) if I said something wrong, you should have reported it, instead of trying to address me directly.

I will however apologize to you and samplaire if I have been in any way rude, ignorant, or unhelpful during this discussion. I hope there are no hard feelings...

Last edited:
I have a goodly supply of oars if people want to continue sticking them in.

It would seem that despite all the distracting posts, that a solution has been found. Congratulations to all involved.

Downloaded DB233 127-0 from kilanziom <kuid2:173943:100345:6>, installed it and tested in TRS19 105096 (euro version)
fine working loc, with fun features, no script errors at all.
Studied the script, its well written, uses only things as in CCP and no strange things,
not even a thread that overloads/loops too much. its just fine !
if newer versions of Trainz error this, then i dont need that version.

greetings GM.
To be precise, in version 105096 all the locomotives worked without any problems. It only started with the beta 106041 and beyond

Hello everyone here,

I bumped into this problem today and when I figured it out what's is going out, my mind teared apart and anxiety took me from my peace -> you can consider thread, "Lights on the train -> freeze of game", solved/closed. My first clue was that something cycle the turnning on/off the lights and as I see - I was correct somehow even I don't know anyting about scripting.

First of all, I want to hugely thank you to whole community of polish creators who have done a lot of work to make us happy. Me and my collegues from czech community really appreciate it. I was trying to make myself clear within this thread. I want to say a few things:

1. Auran maybe does massive work but it isn't always correct. For example: Since version TRS 12 tracksound can have only 8 levels. You can add 9nd and more, no error will appear but there is only silent left. We all know that sounds system of train vehicles in Trainz is old like Jerusalem itself. I reported this bug and the answer was simple: we don't know, no time, low priority, no resources to fix it. My reaction: WAT? As I know, there weren't any improvement in sounds, either of the structure or quality. So what have you done there, Auran? What your "improvement" make more than 8 levels non-functional? How you will defend yourself in this case, Auran? ->

-> I spent more than 5 years to gather sound of two type of bogies - every each 10 km/h (0-140 / 160 km/h) to come to conclusion that it was useless. Will I be satisfied with that? Not even through my corpse.

2. Yes, we (comunity) can take responsibility for the script and there is solution to fix this even it's hard and really time consuming. I would like to help If I could.

3. If you, Auran, do improvement in Trainz, that's fine. We are glad, but you have to consider not only positive impacts. Althought you are not sure what will happen, it's good to let us know that something may not work thanks to this and that feature.

(Sorry for my english)

Last edited:
Someone should make a list of all things, which community called for and which are either ignored for years by N3V or broken silently by N3V in newer versions. I suppose it to be long list.... Such things like multiple light sources missing, broken alphas (those stupid alpha to coverage), cab0 only support, 8 levels engine sounds max, night lightning, bumping crossings, unsupported multiple part locos, steam locos fireplace and firemen, multiple traincars units problems, stupidities with annoying payware (non-editable) items, missing splines or textures on routes with older builds (which originally effective but not in the kuidlist of the config), several config tags which being just ignored in newer versions, modern higher resolutions stopped to be supported, missing identification of orange cubes which represents missing assets in the route, etc. etc...

would not give up these resources below 3.5 because, for example, I will give <kuid: 202789: 2220> ED250-001a, <kuid: 202789: 2240> ETR610 which have version 2.9 and also do not work.

Someone should make a list of all things, which community called for and which are either ignored for years by N3V or broken silently by N3V in newer versions. I suppose it to be long list.... Such things like multiple light sources missing, broken alphas (those stupid alpha to coverage), cab0 only support, 8 levels engine sounds max, night lightning, bumping crossings, unsupported multiple part locos, steam locos fireplace and firemen, multiple traincars units problems, stupidities with annoying payware (non-editable) items, missing splines or textures on routes with older builds (which originally effective but not in the kuidlist of the config), several config tags which being just ignored in newer versions, modern higher resolutions stopped to be supported, missing identification of orange cubes which represents missing assets in the route, etc. etc...

I wrote such a letter a few years ago and to no avail. thanks to the arrogance of N3V and their developers, they make the game a waste that can't be played after SP2, as the in-game Editor is constantly loading and slowing down!

I have TRS19 PE SP2 installed and have absolutely no problems - not even a single missing or unknown asset. CM is not slower or causing any problems. My current project has over 300km of track with 35 EITs (but I have not bothered counting all the baseboards) - it works perfectly with the only problems of my own making (e.g. a missed junction lever, a tree out of place).

I now regard TRS19 PE SP2 to be the best ever version of Trainz (at least until the next best ever version comes along).

Last edited:
Hi,

Same here. No problems. Working great. Lokking forward fro TRS21

Regards
Darko

Same here as well, Darko.

The first and foremost is a clean database. I always keep my data up-to-date and error free so that if there are any errors, I know then that they are related to the update. In this case, there were only a few which I was able to resolve quickly with some updated packages.

The other important thing is backing stuff up before doing the upgrade, and I think it was actually it was the backup I did that kept things working. You know a backup ensures that things won't go wrong because it confuses Murphy!

I have found no problems either, and as JC mentioned, cleaning the database works and clears all errors.

Trs19 sp2 works well for me. Best it’s been over the past five years. Can confirm that keeping a clean, error free, up to date database has helped immensely. Once a week house keeping of sorts. I download interesting assets on a daily bases, but also delete as much accumulated deadwood. Trimming back to only the essential routes and asset/dependency collection helps a lot. Faster EDB repair, less to maintain, and mostly error free updates in my experience.

casey

This thread has gone way off topic and doesn't help Samplaire or Kilanziom at all.

You need to start a new SP2 appreciation thread :)

have a good Christmas

Back