Payware disabled track - Can it be replaced?

wridenour

There goes a...train!
Hi all,

I've just been working the past few months on a route I've made extensive use of JR US track #1-132(narrow ballast), kuid2:506034:578257:9. I believe this part got superseded by the :10 revision with the Tidewater Point Railroad DLC that I got a preview pass of. Now that the Tidewater route and its dependencies appear to have gone back to payware, I'm stuck with no track showing up in my route! The :10 revision is showing as installed, Payware (not active), and while the :9 is still installed, the route automatically uses the latest revision. I can't even replace the missing asset in surveyor!

Is there any way out of this predicament aside from purchasing the route just to replace the track in my route with another asset? Tidewater is a great route and I may get it anyway but I'd like to know if there's another workaround to this problem.

Thanks,
Woody

Uninstall the tidewater route and run a db repair (I think).
And we'll look at why it is marked as payware - it shouldn't be if it is on the DLS.

Hi Tony, thanks for the quick reply. Unfortunately, I am unable to uninstall the route. It and it's dependencies are marked as 'Installed, Payware (not active)'. I just tried a db repair with no luck.

Hi Tony,

What is the SC number for the Tidewater route so I can uninstall it via the Content Store?

The track was marked payware not active from the beginning, but I had a local version installed so it didn't matter. The route version was older and couldn't be updated.

Last edited:
Tony... I am a Gold Plus member (I should have Preview Pass right?) and I don't have Tidewater or Betatest:sc473 in Content Store.

I do I learn of Preview Pass items? Is there a forum post somewhere? Am I supposed to check Content Store daily?

"Tidewater Point Rail" and "Viktor Lake to Ross Peak and Glacier" were announced to be available for preview on 26th February by e-mail.

"Tidewater Point Rail" and "Viktor Lake to Ross Peak and Glacier" were announced to be available for preview on 26th February by e-mail.

Thanks for that HPL. Wow - Embarrassing... I had downloaded and I had even posted a flaw I found in Tidewater! I had totally forgotten. I wasn't seeing Tidewater in game as it is now marked: Installed Payware (not active). Apologies to Tony and N3V for acting like I didn't know when my own forgetfulness is the problem. Do beta routes go (not active) after time?

Tony... I am a Gold Plus member (I should have Preview Pass right?) and I don't have Tidewater or Betatest:sc473 in Content Store.

I do I learn of Preview Pass items? Is there a forum post somewhere? Am I supposed to check Content Store daily?

Good question.

This route along with Viktor Lake don't show in the Content Store so we have no way to remove them gracefully and easily and instead we have to resort to the manual removal of the folders.

Find the folders in File Explorer. They are located where your User Data folder and in the Packages folder. (Mine is on my E: drive in TRS2019_DATA).

Delete the following folders: sc499 and sc473 (Note: There are multiple of them sc473 for example has sc473f, sc473s, etc. so remove them all.)

Run a database repair.

This will remove the references to the data in the database.

Last edited:
Back