sp9813's Work/ Southwest Trainz

sp9813

Hello all,

Some of you may have seen my other thread on the Santa Fe's Phoenix line a while back, which fell to the wayside for several reasons. In place of that, I'd decided to make a thread for all my work. I'm not working on anything big presently as I've been busy with real life, but I do have my eye's set on a near future project, keeping with my Arizona/Southwest theme. I've gotten a hold of transdem and am slowly but surely figuring it out, and hopefully start on the BNSF's Southwest Division soon. As stated before, this thread will be for all my work, and that being said, I begin.

The following shots are of a small diorama route representative of BNSF's crossing of the Colorado Plateau Desert in Western NM and Eastern AZ, just a few baseboards strong that I'm using as practice, and to hone my desert/arid scenery techniques.

Screen%20Shot%202016-02-09%20at%201.09.43%20AM_zpsmfbgjhbv.png

If I may ask, what is the proposed length of the route, since TS12's Mojave refused to carry over to TANE, I seek a high quality SW/desert replacement route. THIS one looks very promising.

If I may ask, what is the proposed length of the route, since TS12's Mojave refused to carry over to TANE, I seek a high quality SW/desert replacement route. THIS one looks very promising.

Thank you! As it stands right now I will build the route in separate parts, due to (as far as i know) TranzDem only allowing for coordinate grids in the program at once. I will start with those, which will encompass the 100 or so miles from Gallup, NM to Winslow, AZ. I also want to build the route west to the Arizona Divide and the Ponderosa forest, but I will stick with Gallup to Winslow for now.

As far as releasing goes, it would be a long ways out. I also use quite a bit of payware scenery, but we'll jump that hurdle when the time comes.

Do you really have green trees like that in your deserts?
My perception of desert plains is slightly different.

Haha yes! It does happen, especially with extremely rapid transition from pine forest to high desert, ponderosa, piñon and juniper pines can occasionally be found on the wide open prairie. Only about twenty miles between the mountain town of Flagstaff and the complete transition to desert.

And finding a picture of this occurrence is proving to be a little difficult, as it does so seldom happen!:hehe:

Edit: Your feedback got me thinking that a shorter, raggedy looking tree would look more appropriate than a tall thin pine tree

[url=http://hostthenpost.org][/URL]

Last edited:
May be good for me to also add that the route shown above is a small route of a few baseboards to practice my scenery skills for when I get the DEM for the prototypical area, and I've kind of smushed the different biomes together onto the small route

...which will encompass the 100 or so miles....

Perfect. I was hoping it reached/exceeded 60 miles.

As for how long it takes. That is at your pace. I have no problems waiting for quality. From what I see in the pics so far, I will enjoy this when ready for the masses.

Yes, it was the skinny pine trees that caught my attention. The replacements are very appropriate for the environment!

Can you tell me please where can be found these wonderful desert shrubberies and the name of them if they are available on DLS?
Thank you in advance.
Of course! Most of what I use is from payware packs from JVC on his website, specifically the ST-12 pack, the desert pack, and Rocky Mountain packs. Though they are payware, I say they are WELL worth the money, and are very reasonably priced, usually about $10 a pack.
jvctreez.com/pw_mega_packs.html

Thank you very much for the information. Right now I'm a little short of money since the launch of American Truck Sim, but for when i will get a little better is good to know about JVC payware desert shrubs.

Back