Attention Tony Hilliam: We need Build 96094 in the Bug Reporting Form.

for me, any session edit saves in TRS2019 result in an approximate 5 minute wait getting back to the Session selection menu.
Anybody else?

Same here, especially with "Quick Drive", and often more than 5 mins, so I force the game to close via Alt+F4 or task manager.

ATLS works well in TRS19 if you "Maximise compatibility".

Launcher -> Trainz Settings -> "Dev" tab -> Compatibility mode -> Maximise compatibility

Hope this helps! Ken

Unfortunately stupid (that would be me) did NOT "the obligatory backup . . .." I should of known better. The answer to your next question is two fold. It is a CTD, and if I choose to just quit it I brought back to DESKTOP and can do what ever. For (grins?) this morning I tried the "continue anyway" or what ever it is called. BAD BOY! Let a big BLACK box covering most of my screen and I had ti restart my computer. Going to go over now and report. For the curious here is the error:

MapObjectBase SetBoundLayerID> InvalidLayer id 255
plus a whole string of numbersl

Side note: I tried a couple of things just now, like starting up one of the sessions, built in, even one small one I had made of the KS2 route. My BIG CRASH is for a session I had made in a CLONE of the KS2 route.

Print screen or use the Snipping-Tool in Windows 10 to copy that Assertion Error and upload that image to the QA team which is working on the new beta.

https://n3vgames.typeform.com/to/xRdryu

Enter in as much detail as you can regarding what you did and what caused the error, and if it can be repeatable or not. Include the print screen where it says to include images. The form is straightforward and easy to use.

If you are now getting constant errors, it probably means you have corrupted something by using Task Manager to kill the program. The next time you load up TRS19, run a database repair. Click on the Developer menu and pick Rebuild database.

Thanks John. Lately it seems that almost every time logging into TRS19 it automatically does its DBR. However, I did it for sure just now (not brave enough to do my crash again just yet.) Wanted to comment that I was able to choose my CLONED route and hit the CREATE SESSION button and the route loaded fine.

QUESTION: In looking in Content Manager it shows my cloned route as "Open for edit Payware". Why??? My session shows as Modified, which seems reasonable.

Would there be any point in hitting the REVERT button? or would that likely wipe out my session?

ATLS works well in TRS19 if you "Maximise compatibility".

Launcher -> Trainz Settings -> "Dev" tab -> Compatibility mode -> Maximise compatibility

Hope this helps! Ken

Note this is in the TRS19 Open Beta not TRS19 Early Access.
As I said in the other thread no it doesn't, was already on Compatibilty mode, if it's working for some there must be some other cause that I'm not seeing yet, getting exceedingly difficult to trouble shoot with the extremely long loading times and return from driver or surveyor to the menu.

Thanks John. Lately it seems that almost every time logging into TRS19 it automatically does its DBR. However, I did it for sure just now (not brave enough to do my crash again just yet.) Wanted to comment that I was able to choose my CLONED route and hit the CREATE SESSION button and the route loaded fine.

QUESTION: In looking in Content Manager it shows my cloned route as "Open for edit Payware". Why??? My session shows as Modified, which seems reasonable.

Would there be any point in hitting the REVERT button? or would that likely wipe out my session?

Hi Rik,

On Payware all you can do is revert to original because the asset is locked internally.

For your route or session, well this means that any changes you made before the crash are lost if you revert. If the route or session only crashed when you opened it and didn't do anything major to speak of, revert when opening again. If you've done major work, you can save and continue. I've been lucky doing this and haven't lost any data, as in corrupting anything in the process, after saving.

Anyway having a good backup of stuff is most important. I've worked this into a minimum of a weekly dump to an external hard disk with numerous other local copies spread on other internal hard disks. These other copies recently got pressed into beta testing because they're a bit stale now (a technical term for old data), and they work well for that purpose since I'm not touching my live data, meaning TS12 SP3 at all for testing.

Backups are cheap and the savings are worth more than the money spent on an external hard drive.

RE: Long times to return to menu using TRS19 beta.

Instead of choosing Exit Surveyor(Driver) hit Exit Program. Happens instantly then simply hit Start again from the Splash Screen or restart from the desktop if you don't keep the Splash Screen always open.

Everything seems to have been saved properly and there is no database repair required. Still a bug obviously but this workaround makes the current build usable.

Glenn

Well this is a first -- been Beta testing since the 2nd edition of TRAINZ (Right after the CE). First time solved my own CTD. Don't have time to explain right now, but will later this afternoon. Thanks for the various comments.

BACK -- What I did. Went into Content Manager, though I might save my session. Tried to save as a .cdp but message said "open for edit" and wouldn't let me save. Did a right click on the session again (sure a lot of choices, half of which I'm not sure I understand). Anyway, hit the Revert choice. Next time started TRS19 I was back in business with my edit session! Hope it holds.

Last edited:
Note this is in the TRS19 Open Beta not TRS19 Early Access.
As I said in the other thread no it doesn't, was already on Compatibility mode, if it's working for some there must be some other cause that I'm not seeing yet, getting exceedingly difficult to trouble shoot with the extremely long loading times and return from driver or surveyor to the menu.

Quoting myself as ATLS problem fixed, I just deleted the route and re-imported it from Early Access, is working fine now.

Back