Disable Built In Content?

gisa

Routelayer Ordinaire...
Hi All,

Is there a way to disable built-in content? I purchased the North American version but am seeing locomotives and rolling stock from other regions that shouldn't be in this version. In prior versions you could disable this content, but I'm not seeing this option in TRS19.

Constructive advice welcome!

Gisa

You should be able to disable any content. In TRS19 Content Manager bring up a list of the content you want to disable then right mouse click on each and select Disable

Hi All,

Is there a way to disable built-in content? I purchased the North American version but am seeing locomotives and rolling stock from other regions that shouldn't be in this version. In prior versions you could disable this content, but I'm not seeing this option in TRS19.

Constructive advice welcome!

Gisa

You can do that.

Go into Content Manager:

Highlight the assets you want to disable.
Click on the Content menu located at the top.
Click on Disable.

====

Here's a few hints for CM, which will help you later.

Right-click on one of the columns.
You can then add in other columns that you can then sort on. I recommend putting them all there. You can then resize them by dragging the width and move them around by sliding them. I put Type first on the left followed by Status, kuid, etc.

Each of the various views, if want to call it that, are really filters. You can create your own or customize any of them to suit.

If you notice, there's a small caret (arrow-thing) next to Install. This will point downward and expand the filter to show underlying options.

Click on the word Install, and there are options.
Located on the right hand side are plus signs to add additional filters.

Setup two that are really helpful. Out of date, and Obsolete AND NOT Built-in.

With install open, click on the the + sign on the right below Install.
Click on the word (I think it's author at this point), and choose Out-of-Date.
Set that to true by changing the false to true.

Save that as Out-of-date.

Create another filter for Obsolete AND NOT Built-in.

Using the steps above, add in Obsolete True, and Build-in False.

I recommend checking these daily.

To update the assets, highlight, right-click, and choose download. Sometimes you need to view asset versions for built-in and payware so do that and then sort on status to see Available for Download.

and now for one more:

Edit/customize the Faulty filter to show only Faulty assets. You don't always care that they are missing dependencies, have broken dependencies, and all that stuff. You only want to know if they're broken. Delete these other clarifiers and save as Faulty-only.

This only scratches the surface with what you can do with CM. Assets can be searched by typing in the asset KUID right in the Asset Kuid filter. You can add multiple assets by putting in a comma (,) between them, for example, plus so much more..

As an aside, what annoys me is that when N3V update a built-in item and obsolete it, there is no way of deleting the original so one's disk becomes more and more filled up unwanted items. This is especially true at the moment when there seem to be a huge amount of updates.

Thanks to all who replied. I did, thanks to John's help, find the disable button in the content menu. For whatever reason, it is not there when I right click on an asset (like in the past). I'm using a version I bought on Steam (won't make this mistake again in the future!) so that might explain why.

Thank you as well John for your tips. I actually recall them from versions past and have used them just as I will use them now. :)

For your last filter, I opened up Faulty, deleted the other conditions and ONLY left Faulty true. However, it is showing assets that are modified, faulty dependencies. To only show faulty items on their own, what would I need to do?

@ Teddy, yes I agree, that's frustrating. I wish there was a way to delete built-in stuff, but I could see how this could cause problems for multiplayer, stability, etc...

While I have you guys here, I came across another problem and am wondering if you may know of a solution. I have a few locos that are showing a black background for their running numbers (here's an example picture). Obviously, I just want the numbers to show on the loco instead of a background...does this make sense? Is this fixable on my end? If so, what would I need to do? Picture below:

where is the closest gas station to my location

Gisa ^^

As an aside, what annoys me is that when N3V update a built-in item and obsolete it, there is no way of deleting the original so one's disk becomes more and more filled up unwanted items. This is especially true at the moment when there seem to be a huge amount of updates.

When I read that I thought how much of a problem is this really? So I checked. I used CM to select all the installed obsolete assets on my system (over 900 were present) then I opened up the first one on the list in File Explorer and displayed its size - 3 MB. So, making a bold assumption that this would be the average (a dodgy assumption I know), then they would occupy about 3GB of storage space. Not a huge amount of my available space but as my Trainz asset collection grows and more assets become obsoleted as they are replaced by newer versions, then yes, I can see that having the ability to delete older obsolete built in assets could be useful.

I have a few locos that are showing a black background for their running numbers (here's an example picture). Obviously, I just want the numbers to show on the loco instead of a background

The images used as numbers for the loco can be found in a subfolder of the asset folder when you open it for in editing, or show in Explorer. Those images should have a transparent background. However there are other issues that could occur with train lettering depending on exactly how it has been done. If you quote the KUID of the locos that have this problem then it might be possible to diagnose more accurately.

If the loco you have pictured is <kuid2:45324:100060:4> ATSF GP60M then it is built-in and cannot be repaired. It should be reported to the helpdesk as faulty.

Thank you for the tips, SailorDan. I am not sure how, but I think in updating some libraries, I seem to have fixed the problem. I've double-checked and 98% of my locos seem trouble free. The other one seems to be fine now too. Strange...

Thanks again for your advice though!

Gisa ^^

Back