USA Pics

rn_st3.jpg

Harold

A Union Pacific double stack train headed for Chicago races by County Road 274 and Freedom County Fire Station 69 with two AC6000CWs on the head end.

33uv2nm.png

The same UP train passing the Clark City Amtrak station. This crew came on duty at 0400 and is running a little over an hour behind schedule. With the containers badly needed in northern Illinois and a minor derailment just north of Blackhawk Junction, the DS has given this crew permission to throw the switch and head east on the Coldwater Sub, a rarity with such a high priority train.

23lev8.png

Last edited:
dont think that the chief ever ran with these but the train looks suspiciously like one coming out of union.

That's just one I threw together for the screenshots. It's loosely based on the Empire Builder. And the route is a little (used to be little) module route I've been working on...

A couple from a recent screenshot session.
*Snip*
Looks great, though I'm obligated to point out that the V&T stock would not be painted both colors at once, and you wouldn't see a passenger loco pulling them! :p Get a mogul up in there, and a lot more flatcars loaded with cord wood. :hehe:

Looks great, though I'm obligated to point out that the V&T stock would not be painted both colors at once, and you wouldn't see a passenger loco pulling them! :p Get a mogul up in there, and a lot more flatcars loaded with cord wood. :hehe:
I always appreciate your words of wisdom, so feel free to comment anytime please. Feedback is only going to make them better. Noted about the different colours. Its the only std gauge "old time" loco I have (and could find), and couldn't find any more period rolling stock. I would have liked to have used some period coaches, but don't have any of those either (and couldn't find any I liked). I would like to build up a period coach and period freight (or mixed) consists if it was possible, I have quite a few areas on my US layout that would look nice with the right train. Thanks again.

Iannz

Standard gauge;
Locomotives - tbryson2 - Terry has done some very nice locomotives that work fine in TS12 and will work in TANE with a little work; pencil42 - several moguls in TS12 one has been upgraded to TANE the rest are on the way; bdaneal - several locomotives are available at his site (Subpar Productions http://steammachine.com/bdaneal/) but take serious work to get into TS12 and TANE; togog and trainboi1 have done some standard gauge locos I think, not sure how well they work in TANE.

Passenger Cars - pencil42 has several and I'm sure there are more but the authors slip my mind atm.

Woodburners Rule! :hehe:

Edit: There are a few repaints of the above locomotives available on the DLS and more available at http://www.trainzone.co.nz/ (these may take some hard work to get into TS12/TANE)

Edit Again: BTW Iannz there are very few routes suitable for early woodburning locomotives available so please consider releasing yours once you are done (like a route is ever done). The first screenie with the buffalo in the distance is gorgeous and contrary to trainboi1's comment I suspect that high wheelers would likely be used when a freight locomotive was unavailable and the freight needed to be delivered.

Last edited:
Back