Australian screenshots

I use Pencil42's "60lb" rail. The search on "60lb" alone will provide the result. To me, this is best looking track to use for branch/pioneer lines - the uneveness of sleeper size and colouration, along with fishplates built into the track spline are just awesome. Just looking at the rail, you can tell it's "light."

After laying the track, I then submerge the spline points a little (can't recall what the exact measurement was, but it's consistent). I drop them down to a about sleeper level so it looks like there is little ballast. Also, the key is not to have overly contrasting textures under and immediate around the track, otherwise it looks ridiculous. The 5m baseboard grid is good to sort this out - the classic 10m, not so good.

Ah! Sound advice mate. Thanks for sharing your secret! So that's how you get it to look real.
Shall give it a try tonight.

Really appreciate the advice :)

Hey trainfan, thanks for the suggestion. I would have definitely tried that track out too if i didn't know about the 60lbs rail! Cheers mate.

G'day! :wave:

Playing around with shots and perspective. Wish I could get this camera zoom/effect without using another vehicle. These shots I used a drivable Volskwagen Golf... :hehe:
rastis_20120410_0000.jpg
rastis_20120410_0001.jpg
rastis_20120410_0003.jpg
rastis_20120410_0004.jpg

Cheers! :)

Jake.

Ron
I think i may have found a way round your level crossing issue, its the ATLS system developed by Boat. For the previous 40 minutes i have been testing a open level crossing that was made up using the ATLS system. There were no lights no bells no booms just the stop look for trains. It might do what your looking for and it does not use set piece track so you can make it to suit any angle or situation, there is a little adjustment needed to set it up but its pretty minor and easy.

Ghosty

QDR Brisbane Valley Line. Wulkuraka - Toogoolawah Released

G'day all.

Wulkuraka - Toogoolawah map is available on the DLS.

QDR BVL Wulkuraka - Toogoolawah
TS12
Created by: kentith45
File Size: 15.61 MB
KUID: 169264:100148
Date: 11th Apr 2012
Queensland Digital Rail
BRISBANE VALLEY LINE
Map 1 Wulkuraka to Toogoolawah

Just a few download links and notes to be aware of.

I've tried to make the line as authentic as possible but remember it's a representation not an exact replica. There has been a little artistic freedom in some areas. I've tried to create the right atmosphere of the branch. The map at the Wulkuraka end doesn’t connect with the Main Line, it has been intentionally made that way and will merge with Ghostryder’s QDR Ipswich Map when it’s released. So eventually it’ll be possible to drive from Roma Street to Toogoolawah and eventually Yarraman when Map 2 is finished.

The majority of assets are on the DLS and the other assets are available with these links:

DE_LORIAN TRACK - http://750mm.trainzup.com/?p=232
NZR TRACK PACK - http://www.trainzone-1.com/nzr_track..._trackpack.zip
NZR BRIDGE PACK - http://www.trainzone-1.com/nzr_track...bridgepack.zip
POFIG’S TREES - http://429786.ucoz.ru/

PDF file with entire assets list for BVL - http://www.mediafire.com/view/?ojizquksefw267e

Any problems send me a message.

Cheers,
kentith45

Last edited:
This is just awesome news, Kent!! :clap:

I have no doubt this will be one of the crowning jewels in Australian routes to be released to date for this sim.

Congratulations on the achievement in coming this far - wish I had half of the dedication and motivation you have.

The only bad news is... your route will serve as a distraction from my own stuff :p

Forest Runner
Having had a sneak preview of Kent's work it is amazing, it merges in nicely with QDR Ipswich, a couple of days of modifications were all it needed to allow BVL to merge and its worth the effort, for those reading on Kent's map is worth the time to download.

Ghosty

@ kent, Look forward to viewing your masterpiece mate. The screen shots alone are second to none :)

A few randoms from me today, Just tinkering around in surveyor today, <Taking a break from my main project today, cause my brain hurts heh>

Random0137.jpg

Random0139.jpg

Random0138.jpg

Some great work been posted up over the last few weeks, Always a pleasure to view our Aussie route pics.

Cheers

Trent

hi mates

falcon500
checking dls now
ghosty
black dls telling me i'm not allowed to dl that item or other items from atls system
no

JNR 3'6" nothing unusual mate

kentith45
what did you use as road-rail crossings?

thanks for all the help everybody

ron

Last edited:
Geez, fellas, slow down!

I take one day of the forums and come back to three pages of quality shots.

Keeep it up.

Matt.

Thanks for the kind words guys. Hopefully BVL will live up to your expectations. Ron I used a mixture of ATLS and NZR crossings on the map. Trent and Bill looking great!

- Kent

A sneak peek of my next project...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Evening all,

2 trains, 2 directions, 2 stations, 1 hour...
DOWN pass
Faxton39.jpg

Faxton40.jpg

Faxton41.jpg

UP Freight
Faxton42.jpg

Faxton43.jpg

Faxton44.jpg

Faxton45.jpg

Faxton46.jpg

Faxton47.jpg

Faxton48.jpg

Hope this sudden overload of screenies isn't over-doing it, but I'm trying to make the most of my holidays (which ends tonight), working for the rest of the week
Cheers
Tim

Ron I think i may have found a way round your level crossing issue, its the ATLS system developed by Boat. For the previous 40 minutes i have been testing a open level crossing that was made up using the ATLS system. There were no lights no bells no booms just the stop look for trains. It might do what your looking for and it does not use set piece track so you can make it to suit any angle or situation, there is a little adjustment needed to set it up but its pretty minor and easy. Ghosty

Scott, I too needed something like this as I have had troubles with set track level crossings where the real location situation does not match the set track. Thanks !!

Cheers
Peter C

I recently realised that I could run Trainz in a higher resolution than I previously had.

So here is QR A10 #6 leaving the sheds:

G'day! :wave:

Finally got my 'baby' to work. :hehe:

rastis_20120410_0005.jpg
rastis_20120410_0006.jpg

Here we see the Hamersley Iron C44-9W in it's natural habitat.

Cheers! :)

Jake.

Hi Jake,
Awsome screenshots mate well done. I was wondering if you wouldn't mind telling me where you go the Hamersley Iron C44-9W locos from. They would make a great addition to my project. I would happily pay for them if they are payware.

cheers,

Clint

Hi Everyone,

More great and very creative screenshots of late. It is almost impossible to point out 1 particular screenshot or creator as all are equally brilliant.

Congratulations to all.

Something I am also curious about is when I go to the link for the Russian Tracks that kentith45and others have posted, my computer gets hit with some attempted "invasion". Luckily, my Anti-Virus software blocks it but it makes me somewhat concerned about downloading the files suggested. Any advice on this would be most welcomed.

Also, from the link posted by kentith45do I download both files ?

Many thanks and keep up the great work everyone.

Craig
:):):)

Back