Australian screenshots

You know, Ryan, you don't have to release it if you don't want to. But even if you did..... no-one at Queensland Rail need know a thing!

A few items have been uploaded, awaiting prossing. :)

screen039t.jpg

and these, the church has bells and stainglass night mode. :eek:

screen040a.jpg

have been a bit slack in the last few weeks. :confused:

Cheers,

Bill.

Screenshot looks promising, but the NSW version needs covered end doors, and two variants were used in NSW - PCH and PCR.

Thanks Nat
That's my fault I guess.
I could not find any pictures of them working in NSW at least on their own. I completely missed the front door was covered.
Could you please direct us to some?
Cheers
Rod

Thanks Nat
That's my fault I guess.
I could not find any pictures of them working in NSW at least on their own. I completely missed the front door was covered.
Could you please direct us to some?
Cheers
Rod

Pictures are far and few between on line. Even in books they are quite rare, tho you do see them combined with the Budds (1100s) and after they were de-motorised (loco hauled).

I'm sure you'll agree tho that plans are just as good...

The 1200 would have to be my favourite railmotor...so it needs to look good :)

I could not find any pictures of them working in NSW at least on their own

i found a picture of one yesterday on the net, but do you think i can find it today, anyway it showed one in Canberra yard of all places and it had the covers on it, which basically comprised of three pieces of rubber tubing. Was this proto or is this an improvisation?

cheers
pete

A few items
.................................snippety snip!.........................
have been a bit slack in the last few weeks. :confused:

Cheers,

Bill.

Hi Bill,

If this is what you call being a bit slack, DM Drake & the likes (Yes even Ben D) will have to watch out when your not!. :eek::)

Excellent work Bill. They all look really great. :D

I have a question: Is it possible to make a copy of that amazing bell, but about half to 2/3rds scale?.
I have a 'need' for just such a lovely asset.

Thanks for all the wonderful work you do bill. :wave:

i found a picture of one yesterday on the net, but do you think i can find it today, anyway it showed one in Canberra yard of all places and it had the covers on it, which basically comprised of three pieces of rubber tubing. Was this proto or is this an improvisation?

cheers
pete

That's an improvisation (I've seen a pic of the demotorised 1200 with tubes). The ends were of similar standard to the Budds, 900s etc etc.

NSWR 'PCH' class.

According to Peter Vincent
To provide more railcars, two New South Wales Railways railcars were purchased in 1974. The cars were of the NSWR 'PCH' class. The two cars were transferred to Victoria on the standard guage during June 1974. The cars were transferred to Newport Workshops where they were modified for use by VR. These cars entered service about twelve months later as DRC42 (formerly PCH 1224) and DRC43 (formerly PCH 1227)
http://www.pjv101.net/fts/u01/aw004.gif
So these are the two numbers we have in Victoria.
All we need do is backdate them to 1973?
Hanovale model

2917072086_2d5b3c20b1.jpg

Cheers
Rod

Last edited:
Hi Bill,

If this is what you call being a bit slack, DM Drake & the likes (Yes even Ben D) will have to watch out when your not!. :eek::)

Excellent work Bill. They all look really great. :D

I have a question: Is it possible to make a copy of that amazing bell, but about half to 2/3rds scale?.
I have a 'need' for just such a lovely asset.

Thanks for all the wonderful work you do bill. :wave:

Hi Noel,

something like this? ;) the stand is about 4.5m high

bellj.jpg

it has the sound file with it.

If ok I'll upload it. (try at least)

Cheers,

Bill.

the front end on those are totally different to the plans and photos I have worked from, that is the recessed flat surface around the lights,,, groan start again

Great Models BILL!....supurb i bet they can find a home on any OZ map
I been slack of late .... work no time and some loss of interest....Still many ideas and wants but no motovation ...............
Oh well .......still fiddeling but no production line ................
B18 if you have "Locos in the Tropics_vol2" pages 85 to 96 there are a few varieties? typical QR...................
still fiddeling ..............................
as always .................................
qdrb8.jpg

Quite impressive Dredd. We may have to start calling you Diesel Shed rather than Dreddman.:hehe: Or Shed Foreman

Glen

Well the victorian version is markedly different from the NSW version. As you can see NSW had recessed lights as well as the covered doorways. This will need to seperate versions
The external changes were simple but I will have to redo the interior for the NSW version
screenie1.jpg

cheers
pete

Back