Welcome to TRS22 from the CEO

Tony, are you guys going to look at the road traffic issue? After the last update for TRS2019, road traffic has dropped significantly. Before, there was plenty of traffic on the roads.... now, after the last update, just a vehicle here and there, sometimes none for long periods of time (15-20 minutes).

Thanks

Dave Snow

Tony, are you guys going to look at the road traffic issue? After the last update for TRS2019, road traffic has dropped significantly. Before, there was plenty of traffic on the roads.... now, after the last update, just a vehicle here and there, sometimes none for long periods of time (15-20 minutes).

Thanks

Dave Snow

Only just realised this myself yesterday.

Thanks,
Paul

This is true! I hadn't realised, but all the traffic has gone - hardly anything is coming out of the spawners.

Paul

A quick test suggest this isn't new. We're investigating.
Can you provide specifics before/after on a specific route to compare against.

Last edited:
A quick test suggest this isn't new. We're investigating.
Can you provide specifics before/after on a specific route to compare against.

Yes, either my Alma Valley Route (on the DLS and a smaller route) or my Cotton Belt Route (also on the DLS but a much longer route). Both of these routes were filled with traffic (using my Right Hand Drive Region) before the last update, but now these same routes have very little traffic.

Thanks for looking into this,

Cheers,

Dave

Thanks Dave. a bit more info would be useful When did this change? All roads or just some? Can you quantify “filled with traffic”?

Thanks Dave. a bit more info would be useful When did this change? All roads or just some? Can you quantify “filled with traffic”?

It changed after 114800. In my experience it happened on all roads. When I say "filled with traffic" I mean the traffic was constant. Any time you looked out the cab window you could see cars on the roads. I don't mean bumper-to-bumper, but just several vehicles going down the highway, like maybe 8-10 car lengths between them. That's all I know how to explain.

Our tests show the same traffic in 114800 and 116492 (which is not much, but that's a different issue). I think this issue has been around much longer than this most recent build - but if you can quantify a difference, please let me know.

Btw, checking your Alma route, position yourself at Delbarton facing south. The traffic spawner (<kuid:101046:105239> Traffic Spawner Fast Speed DES) there pops out plenty of vehicles (~1 every 10 seconds or so). They then all turn right (not sure if they always did?). They eventually turn left over the bridge.

I'd add a bunch more traffic spawners and problem solved (I think).

Remember also that cars only spawn at road ends (which is all the spawner really is).

And last but not least, having the tag carrate = 3 in your road config file will get you the maximum number of cars on any given stretch of road. Carrate 35 used on the main road in the route is set to 35, so ~10 times less cars than possible.

Last edited:

Went into the game and watched this spawner for about 20 minutes. Not one car.

Went and changed all my road spawners, roads, streets, highways, etc with a carrate of 3. Committed assets. Went back into the route at the same place and watched the car spawner and road for another 20 minutes. Stiil NO traffic spawned. Don't know what else to do.

Anyhow, thanks for responding,

Dave Snow

Well that explains why you're seeing less cars than before :D

Some thoughts:
Check the game isn't paused.
Check CM for any faulty assets.
Check the Region supports cars.

Tony, I've watched several videos of TRS22 gameplay, and many of them have scenes that feature trains rolling along at high speeds. These clips seem to have the old track sound from T:ANE and prior versions instead of the TRS19 one that I like much better. Is there a reason for this? Thank you for the response.

And last but not least, having the tag carrate = 3 in your road config file will get you the maximum number of cars on any given stretch of road. Carrate 35 used on the main road in the route is set to 35, so ~10 times less cars than possible.

Sorry to "butt in" on this conversation but there appears to be some conflicting information (dare I say "disinformation") about the carrate tag. From the Trainz Wiki Page https://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/Index_of_Tags_&_Containers

carrate float seconds config.txt splines No longer Valid. Defined traffic density on road (minimum seconds between each car generated). 0 = No traffic. Number must be greater than 3.

Puzzled.
Peter

Last edited:
Well that explains why you're seeing less cars than before :D

Some thoughts:
Check the game isn't paused.
Check CM for any faulty assets.
Check the Region supports cars.

1. Game isn't paused
2. No faulty assets
3. Region had one faulty car--- replaced with good asset--- still no traffic at all.

Why are you guys seeing cars spawning and I'm not??

very aggrivating.

TO PETER:

Saw what you were talking about. Now do I have to go back and make every number I changed back to something "greater than 3?"

Last edited:
Saw what you were talking about. Now do I have to go back and make every number I changed back to something "greater than 3?"

I would give it a try to see if it makes a difference. But the 3 words "No longer valid" on the carrate tag description would concern me. This is from a post I made in another thread on the carrate tag almost 12 months ago.

Is the carrate tag now obsolete?

I was experimenting with adding the carrate tag to the config.txt file of a route. I was able to edit the file and submit the edit but when I started Driver/Surveyor the route was shown with the red "!" faulty symbol on the thumbnail. This revealed the error message

; <kuid2:45176:100126:1> : Validating <kuid2:45176:100126:1>
- <kuid2:45176:100126:1> : VE44: Tag 'carrate' in the container 'map' is obsolete.

This is in TRS19 SP3 (beta) build 111951.

This may only apply to route assets and not other assets.

On a hunch, I went back to the Config for the route itself. There was some strange kuid number for the region that I didn't recognize. Weird! I replaced it with my "Right-Hand Drive" region kuid and now I got traffic!!

Well, that's a relief on my part.

Thanks everyone foir your help.

Dave

PS, now if could only figure out why the gates won't go back up......

if it ain't one thing it's another.

That wiki entry may relate to the use of carrate in the route config (or Region?) which I think used to be a thing?

A simple test adjusting the rate from 3 to 33 shows carrate in the Road config file definitely works.

That wiki entry may relate to the use of carrate in the route config (or Region?) which I think used to be a thing?

The carrate tag certainly does not work in a route config file (as my error message confirmed) but has never been part of a region asset. The wiki page states that it is a container in a string asset - so presumably that means road splines that allow road traffic.

Back