Japan

Hey guys, another total novice here - I used to muck around with a few Trainz games many many years ago but in the last month have been seized bodily by an interest in Japanese railways and their operations, so I picked up T:ANE during the Christmas sales along with the Chiyoda Line and have immediately found myself looking for more. I must admit I'm not confident yet with using either the download station or this forum to find Japanese content bar some very well-made rolling stock, and indeed have totally failed to find any Japanese routes outside of Chiyoda yet. I've started learning Surveyor mode to try my hand at making a route myself, but I'm sure you're all familiar with the desire to just jump into operating trains sometimes rather than building!

I apologise as such then for asking what I imagine are very regular questions, but are there any Japanese routes that are available anywhere to simply pop into the game and play out of the box? I currently don't have a first-class ticket either but I would certainly consider it if it's needed for a good experience.

I hope it's not a bother to ask this; I'm admittedly not of the most outstanding competence when it comes to learning usage of these sorts of things :hehe:

Hey guys, another total novice here - I used to muck around with a few Trainz games many many years ago but in the last month have been seized bodily by an interest in Japanese railways and their operations, so I picked up T:ANE during the Christmas sales along with the Chiyoda Line and have immediately found myself looking for more. I must admit I'm not confident yet with using either the download station or this forum to find Japanese content bar some very well-made rolling stock, and indeed have totally failed to find any Japanese routes outside of Chiyoda yet. I've started learning Surveyor mode to try my hand at making a route myself, but I'm sure you're all familiar with the desire to just jump into operating trains sometimes rather than building!

I apologise as such then for asking what I imagine are very regular questions, but are there any Japanese routes that are available anywhere to simply pop into the game and play out of the box? I currently don't have a first-class ticket either but I would certainly consider it if it's needed for a good experience.

I hope it's not a bother to ask this; I'm admittedly not of the most outstanding competence when it comes to learning usage of these sorts of things :hehe:

JIRC trainz has a lot of good content but unfortunately the website is down, it should be back up soon.
http://www.jirctrainz.com/

But you can buy the Hanwa line from KHB, its 25$ (Hineno - Wakayama).
http://khbjp.weebly.com/

Welcome. I have made 2 Japanese fictional routes. One is on the DLS called Electro Island and the other is Icarus Shinkansen. Use the search for keyword function in content manager and/or search for my author name: pagroove to find it.

->Electro Island is currently fairly finished and is in version 4.0. It is currently available up until Trainz 19 and you can find versions for older Trainz versions on the DLS too. The route features Shinkansen, a large Japan 1083mm network and a normal network and even a maglev. And besides that also European rail like a TGV line and normal Euro Lines. This is a very large route network that should keep you busy. I really recommend this route if you are somewhat more confident with content manager and the Download Station.

->Icarus Shinkansen
is a Work in progress route. You can find version 1.0 on the Download Station but in this thread I post monthly or bi-montly building snapshots often at the end of the month (if I have the time and energy). Those building snapshots include a link with a .cdp on my Google Drive. A cdp (Content Dispatcher Package) is a file that you can drag and drop in content manager and then you have the route. But then you have to download all the dependencies. With the Icarus Shinkansen there are more dependencies needed (+3000 assets I think) and on top of it you should have some standard routes pre-installed. I really recommend this route if you are somewhat more confident with content manager.
----------------

There is also on the DLS available:

Kiha Japan by Keimei (nice small route)
Otaku street by Keimei (nice city board and route)
Winter in Japan by wbbk (haven't downloaded yet but I will soon as I love a winter themed layout)
HitsuYo Line by GTRITS ( haven't tried this myself)
Tokyo Model Trains by Morten16c (This is a model railway layout. haven't tried it myself but looks nice)

Sorry if I forgot someones routes.

Outside of the DLS I can recommend routes by JIRC but indeed that site is currently down for maintanance
Treinspotter Jeffery (look a few posts above this post for the site link) has some nice routes including a currently unfinished but nice section of the Keihin Tohoku Line and he is working with other forum members on a new route so stay tuned.

I can very much recommend https://www.socimi.it the site by AlexMaria for al sorts of trains and rolling stock. You can find some real gems. But a little warning some are repaints so you still need the DLS.

The simply best prototypical route that you can get is the Hanwa Line by Kurotrick. This is a real route and it is very realistic. It runs from Wakayama to Hineno Station in the South of Osaka. Hineno Station is also the station where the Kansai Airport Express branches of to Kansai Airport. In my free time I am currently building that section.

-------------
Firs class Ticket>

But in general you certainly need a First Class Ticket to download it as there are thousands of assets. In my opinion Trainz in general is worthless without a First Class ticket. Even some pay ware stuff requires sometimes to download items of the Download Station. Good news is that a Download Station is really cheap and worth it. I always buy a yearly ticket.

Last edited:
JIRC trainz has a lot of good content but unfortunately the website is down, it should be back up soon.
http://www.jirctrainz.com/

But you can buy the Hanwa line from KHB, its 25$ (Hineno - Wakayama).
http://khbjp.weebly.com/

Welcome. I have made 2 Japanese fictional routes. One is on the DLS called Electro Island and the other is Icarus Shinkansen. Use the search for keyword function in content manager and/or search for my author name: pagroove to find it.

Thank you both greatly for the welcome and information, there's lots here to keep a new player like me busy for a long while! It certainly seems like a first class ticket is a very wise investment as is said, especially for such a wealth of items, and extras such as the Hanwa line that are paid but to even a beginner's eye like mine are clearly very good quality certainly interest me too. I'm very glad to learn that there's plenty of Japanese content and I simply hadn't managed to find it though - I was a little worried before I found this thread that there was hardly anything, and by extension, hardly anyone, with much interest in Japanese railways for the game, so to find otherwise is a pleasant relief. I'll be hanging out here more often as I learn the game and its systems no doubt! :D

Hi,

Like Pagroove said, I'm indeed working on a new route together with some other forum members. Check the progress out on our website. It's the Seto-Ohashi Line, but in BVE-Style (That means attention to signaling, trackside stuff, etc...). I was working on the Keihin-Tohoku Line, but I lost it. The route is now faulty and I don't know how to fix it. But I will post a download link to my old Keihin-Tohoku line file on my website, that one will probably work. Also, the next route I will be making will probably be the Hokuetsu Hokuhoku Line.

Last edited:
Action at Kitakazu. Thanks to the 211 Series, I will let them run 2 cars Local trains at this part along with the E131 replacing it
My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Then at Kazumichi, 205 Series Running a Rapid service

And then a 12 Car E233-3000 Series

I came up with the idea of having full 12 cars and 8+4 sets on the Icarus line for only the E231 and E233 trains

The Hitsuyo line is nothing but baseboards with some textures but no tracks or building or anything. It's one of those fill in the layout yourself type of route.
Nice pics jdriver. Where did you get the train on the right in the second picture? I've never seen it before.

Last edited:
Action at Kitakazu. Thanks to the 211 Series, I will let them run 2 cars Local trains at this part along with the E131 replacing it

Then at Kazumichi, 205 Series Running a Rapid service

And then a 12 Car E233-3000 Series

I came up with the idea of having full 12 cars and 8+4 sets on the Icarus line for only the E231 and E233 trains

VERY nice! JDriver. I see you did some track replacements and even some superelevation. It looks very nice.

Last edited:
Hi,

Like Pagroove said, I'm indeed working on a new route together with some other forum members. Check the progress out on our website. It's the Seto-Ohashi Line, but in BVE-Style (That means attention to signaling, trackside stuff, etc...). I was working on the Keihin-Tohoku Line, but I lost it. The route is now faulty and I don't know how to fix it. But I will post a download link to my old Keihin-Tohoku line file on my website, that one will probably work. Also, the next route I will be making will probably be the Hokuetsu Hokuhoku Line.

Mmm thats a shame. To prevent such accidents from happening make a .cdp each time you do a route edit and make it incremental. I do this each time I work on my route and then in addition to that upload the regular snapshots to a google drive. Really loosing lot's of work on your route is no fun. When did your route become faulty?

Last edited:
The Hitsuyo line is nothing but baseboards with some textures but no tracks or building or anything. It's one of those fill in the layout yourself type of route.
Nice pics jdriver. Where did you get the train on the right in the second picture? I've never seen it before.

Ok then I will not download it. I don't like it when you see a route thumbnail suggesting a nice route and then download it and then it is turns out an unfinished sketch.

Mmm thats a shame. To prevent such accidents from happening make a .cdp each time you do a route edit and make it incremental. I do this each time I work on my route and then in addition to that upload the regular snapshots to a google drive. Really loosing lot's of work on your route is no fun. When did your route become faulty?
You're right, I will make back-up .cdp's now, thanks for giving the advice. I didn't think of that yet. My route became faulty as I had to open it after my PC crashed. It wasn't properly saved because of that, so I had to do it after. Then, when I saved it, it became faulty. I do still have the old file, so it isn't much of an issue.

Anyways, in other words, I have now released my old Keihin Tohoku Line on my new website now for those who still want it. It's here!

Back