TRS19 Service Pack 2 Beta Available

Tony_Hilliam

Trainz Plus - enjoy Trainz from just 20 cents a da
We have released the first beta for the next TRS19 Service Pack . This is available to all TRS19 users (update: Mac patches now available)

TRS19 owners:
PC - TRS19 SP1 105096 to TRS19 SP2 Beta 109037 - patch using TRS19 Beta stream (1.5 GB)
Mac - TRS19 SP1 105170 to TRS19 SP2 Beta 109162 - patch using TRS19 Beta stream (1.5 GB)

TRS19 Platinum owners:
PC - TRS19 PE 105100 to TRS19 PE Beta 109037 - patch using TRS19 Platinum Edition Beta stream (1.5 GB)
Mac - TRS19 PE 105113 to TRS19 PE Beta 109162 - patch using TRS19 Platinum Edition Beta stream (1.5 GB)

Trainz Plus / Gold Class members:
PC - TRS19 PE 106618 to Trainz Plus Beta 109170 - patch using Trainz Plus Beta stream
Mac - Trainz Plus 105113 to Trainz Plus Beta 109162 - patch using Trainz Plus Beta stream

Note that this beta build is the same build number as the latest "Trainz Plus Beta" version and has been tested by Trainz Plus users, but now requires external testing by our "regular edition" users.

For clarity, if you have a Trainz Plus or Gold Class membership, you will have access to different features such as the Multiplayer Surveyor routes, additional camera systems etc (as listed below).

If you own TRS19 or TRS19 Platinum, you will also have access to slightly different feature sets (as listed below).

Note that the launcher shows the logo related to your version, so all will show build 109037 and the logo will show as TRS19, TRS19 Platinum or Trainz Plus.

Key Changes between SP1 and SP2 for TRS19 owners:

• In-game Asset Download window has been replaced by Content Store.
  • Content Store allows for selecting individual DLC items to install, update or delete.
  • Edit Effect Layer now has a Preview Window to view changes to effect layer configuration
  • Edit Effect Layer now has a Get Effect Layer tool
  • Trainz Content Creator Program features now supported
  • Updated content
  • Trainzbuild 4.7

Key Changes between Platinum Edition 105100 and SP2 Beta:
  • Edit Effect Layer now has a Preview Window to view changes to effect layer configuration
  • Edit Effect Layer now has a Get Effect Layer tool
  • Trainz Content Creator Program features now supported
  • Updated content
  • Trainzbuild 4.7

Note that Platinum already supports Content Store, new camera modes and Unified Driver Surveyor.

Additional Trainz Plus features:
  • In addition to the above, Edit Effect Layer has Preset effect options
  • Edit Effect Layer has additional effect masking and painting options
  • Effect Layer now has a Bulk Fill option (apply effect layer to texture)
  • Bulk Asset update/replace tool can now apply textures under selected splines
  • Multiplayer Surveyor feature
  • Updated content
  • Trainzbuild 4.7

You can find out more about Trainz Plus features here.

You can find out more about Trainz Memberships here.

FeatureTRS19PlatinumTrainz Plus &
Gold Class
Content Storexxx
Edit Effect Layer Preview
x​
x​
x​
Get Effect Tool
x​
x​
x​
New Camera Modes
x​
x​
Unified Driver Surveyor
x​
x​
Effect Layer Masking
x​
Effect Layer Fill
x​
Bulk Asset Spline > Texture
x​
Multiplayer Surveyor
x​
Trainz Content Creator Program
x​
x​
x​
Bug Fixes
x​
x​
x​
Updated contentxxx
Trainzbuild 4.7
x​
x​
x​

Bug Fixes:
There have been numerous bug fixes in all versions. In general, a bug fix for one build automatically applies to other builds.
If you have reported a bug fix and it is now fixed, please confirm. If you find a new or old bug, please report the issue using our online form:
Trainz Bug Report

NOTES:
1. Trainzbuild 4.7 means that any routes and sessions saved in these beta versions will not be compatible with older TRS19 builds.
Also, as this is still a beta release, the DLS does not yet support 4.7 routes or sessions.
2. This is a beta build and therefore has Assertions enabled. This means that you will occasionally see messages intended for feedback to our developers. The game will pause and you can click Continue to close the message window and carry on.
We recommend that you make a copy of your current install build and begin testing with a fresh local data folder. Then make a copy of your existing local data folder to test your current content set.

Last edited:
No problem downloading the TRS19 SP2 Beta version.

When testing my AI session I got this this error message right after the session was started up:

error-in-1-9037-version.jpg

Pressed "continue and ignore errors" and the session looks to be working as expected.
Letting the session run for 15 minutes (3 hours session) and no more assertions messages received.

Thanks for the feedback. That's a fairly common and low risk assertion (doesn't affect anything noticeably).

Would be ok if I didn't get this error when trying to install the update:

Installation failed : Installation data checksum mismatch

Update operation then exits with nothing done.

Is it recommened to copy your local data folder and navigate the new version of the game to that, or is it better to manually install the Open for Editing folders?

Tony I am now confused. I bought Platinum and it showed up on my time line. After I did a reinstall I have Trainz+ on the logo and Platinum was removed from time line. The download says Platinum Edition so what have I got? I am also a gold member.

Minor thing but I'm curious:
For those on Plus beta stream who downloaded previous beta's, at what point did build become 4.7? It must've been 108919 or 108941 as new session saves after the date of those two updates (9/10/20) show build "4.7" - Frankly, I had not realized that. Is that the only way to know the build number? I do not see where to obtain the "build number" anywhere except the version in CM. Those were "silent" updates as I recall. No info on them at all. It would be nice to know I'm going from 4.6 to 4.7 with an update. I could be wrong of course. :)

Edit: And I was wrong. See 3 posts down.

Last edited:
Minor thing but I'm curious:
For those on Plus beta stream who downloaded previous beta's, at what point did build become 4.7? It must've been 108919 or 108941 as new session saves after the date of those two updates (9/10/20) show build "4.7" - Frankly, I had not realized that. Is that the only way to know the build number? I do not see where to obtain the "build number" anywhere except the version in CM. Those were "silent" updates as I recall. No info on them at all. It would be nice to know I'm going from 4.6 to 4.7 with an update. I could be wrong of course. :)

107918 In July https://forums.auran.com/trainz/sho...s-Beta-107918-Available&p=1822368#post1822368

Updated from 106618 (6-step patch): the only "faulties" concern missing/misnamed .kin files. For the first time in History, no missing dependencies, "Disabled", "Not installed" or "Not active" assets, nor any newly faulty.

I just updated myself and had a bunch-o-mini-patches to come up-to-date. Now running a DBR on my test data.

Is it recommened to copy your local data folder and navigate the new version of the game to that, or is it better to manually install the Open for Editing folders?

Yes you want to copy the whole database rather than piecemeal. The reason is this will ensure you have everything including any DLC without having to download all the DLC all over again. This will also ensure that you are starting from a base point where things are "known good". If there are any oddities then, you can compare between builds since both setups are the same. If I discover something in 109037, for example, I'll perform the same operation in 106618 to see if the error existed previously, or it's something new because I know the routes and content are exactly the same.

With respect Tony & N3V:

Have you *really* worked through the long-term support implications & costs of having multiple different entitlements with different features built against the same software code? You've created (in the interest of sustainable revenue stream i assume) a situation where FAQs and tables like you've included in your post are necessary, and on-gong customer confusion is ensured. Troubleshooting is, moreover, made more complex and issues are more difficult to pin down because the same code will act differently on the same machine depending on the entitlement enabled.

Personally I'm a fan of simplification & paying a fair price up-front for fair value. The existence of a subscription (vs perpetual) licenses is (perhaps) a necessary evil in order to keep the game in existence. But are 3+ ever-changing & fragmenting versions really necessary?

Diego

Yes you want to copy the whole database rather than piecemeal. The reason is this will ensure you have everything including any DLC without having to download all the DLC all over again. This will also ensure that you are starting from a base point where things are "known good". If there are any oddities then, you can compare between builds since both setups are the same. If I discover something in 109037, for example, I'll perform the same operation in 106618 to see if the error existed previously, or it's something new because I know the routes and content are exactly the same.

So, basically I just need to assign my current local data folder in the launcher settings for local data folder?

Those "cloud" routes are new multiplayer surveyor routes (MPS). They are routes that are "in the cloud," being built and played "online."

http://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/Multiplayer_Surveyor

EDIT: You can remove the MPS routes by clicking on one and then an "Abandon Route" button will be provided at bottom along with Create Route and Edit Route options. If you "Abandon" you have to be invited back in.

Last edited:
Back