Model Railroadz

My first completed(?) model railroad. Inspired by Russell Schoof's Free Haven Terminal (Model Railroader, October 1990 and 48 Top Notch Track Plans, 1993) and my memories of the SP working the Port of Long Beach and Port of Los Angeles.

Purely a switching layout with a purposeful operating concept. Inbound cuts from staging get sorted by destination and delivered. Pick-ups are brought back to the yard and returned to staging.

Those screenshots look phenomenal Pepperref. I hope to see it released at some point. What ships are you using in your port area?

Cheers,
Jamie

htt
ps:/
ZosNsKs.png
/

zKqsSVz.png

yout in a London penthouse apartment was the idea.imgur.com/vNUf2

Last edited:
Hello All,

I downloaded Free Haven a few days ago, it's really interesting Route.....:cool:

Very well done, and reminds me of a time when I small Kid in Los Angeles area, I got to see some of these areas back in the early 50's problem is, I don't remember all the areas we drove thru with my Parents. There was so many things to look at when your kid........

Thank you for creating a terrific little Route........Bravo Sir......

And Philskene, I see your at it again, cool Video.........Thanks for sharing with us........:p

#3184. That's an interesting large layout hotgrove. The room is pretty darn impressive too.

Thanks,it's my first real go at model rail but I should have paid more attention to the actual layout as opposed to the room.
Still very much a WIP....about half way there I would say if I don't abandon it which I have a habit of doing.
The space in the middle is too big.Intended it to be L-shaped but for some reason it morphed into an oval.
I realise the whole project needs to be smaller in size and contain much more interest if that makes sense

Anyway it's nice to be back in trainz after a long absence.

Now I hope oknotosn posts some more screenshots of this WIP above!
My last two screenshots in this thread are actually of routes I uploaded to the DLS years ago. I am bumping most of my assets from a TS12 build number to a TANE build number. While doing so I figured "I might as well take a screenshot and post it for old time sake".
Ever since I uploaded those, a lot of people have proven to be way better model railroad builders then I am :hehe:, but I think these two are still unique in amount of levels and lack of decoration (which the routes they are based on also lacked).

It's finally time for a new Module!

In this special episode, I celebrate the 2nd anniversary of the channel by creating a followup to the popular Long Lake Lumber Co. module. Welcome to Long Lake Logging Camp, home to a Decker Log Loader, Slash Burner, Spar Poles, Portable Housing, and Several Small Animals. So grab your Axe and a handful of Company Scrip- it's going to be a wild ride!

Route Name and Kuid-
M120 - Long Lake Logging Camp Kuid:699717:100119
AKYizHq.png

2hWi53d.png

wqTNUKi.png

Last edited:
Thanks Annie, that little route is a pre-Covid one, just fancied doing a screenie from it.
I've used a pelmet above the layout plus a new valance and skirt plus a surprise feature or two all in a new type of location!

Some screenshots of my next project....heading out west this time. The layout will be larger this time around to allow for some wider vistas... it will be a narrow gauge route (30 inch) with some 18 inch mine tracks.

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Cheers
Walter

Back