Lost in Space TANE

That sorta worked....

I merged the route and 95% was restored except there is a section of forest thats up in the air and a small section I was working on disappeared in the session layer but is OK in the route layer. At least I am back on the ground. Also my roster of drivers is all jumbled up. I guess thats because a train was deleted in the section that disappeared. Is there any way to delete the session layer that is corrupt and replace it with correct session layer from another route? Or will that just send me up in space?

I've reported the up in the air bug before. N3V is well aware of that and looking for a solution. Hopefully that will be found at some point soon.

To get around the floating objects:

Using the topology tool.
1) Get the height of the ground in one place under them.
2) Click on the ground underneath.

The assets will drop to the surface.

If you make a hole or a lump, hit CTRL-Z to undo. The objects will remain grounded but your terrain will return to its normal height. As you move along, save periodically so that in case something else decides to do worse weird things, you'll have a starting point should it crash.

For the session issue, you can remove those missing drivers and consists from the driver schedule, or reassign a new consist to them. I've done that before when deleting trains from the sessions.

I've reported the up in the air bug before. N3V is well aware of that and looking for a solution. Hopefully that will be found at some point soon.

To get around the floating objects:

Using the topology tool.
1) Get the height of the ground in one place under them.
2) Click on the ground underneath.

The assets will drop to the surface.

If you make a hole or a lump, hit CTRL-Z to undo. The objects will remain grounded but your terrain will return to its normal height. As you move along, save periodically so that in case something else decides to do worse weird things, you'll have a starting point should it crash.

For the session issue, you can remove those missing drivers and consists from the driver schedule, or reassign a new consist to them. I've done that before when deleting trains from the sessions.

In other words, fix the minor errors and be grateful I didn't lose the route I have been working on for years.

Clean up will commence tomorrow.

Thanks to all who replied. The real lesson here is if for whatever reason the zoom function goes up into space the thing to do is hit escape and do not save.

Back