Steamshots USA..Lets See Some Steam Shots..

Jake's updated versions do not have the mesh/texture issues that mess up the brass textures and make parts of the shays rather shiny.

Jake's updated versions do not have the mesh/texture issues that mess up the brass textures and make parts of the shays rather shiny.

Since I prefer TANE SP3 it's not an issue for me and as far as I can tell from the google photos the real life locomotives are shiny.

Last edited:
By shiny I mean in TRS19, the bogies do not match the color of the rest of the loco, and the tender's bump maps are messed up.

Like I said not an issue for me. Interestingly it turns out that Mower Lumber's locomotives were painted red and green. I'd love to see a good photo of the roster at the time, must have been blinding!

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Happy TG

Matt

You can keep it if you like, but I have what I could call the spiritual successor to that PRR 0-6-0. It's a custom model of the B6 Class switcher built to PBR specs, but it's in beta and not complete yet.

You can keep it if you like, but I have what I could call the spiritual successor to that PRR 0-6-0. It's a custom model of the B6 Class switcher built to PBR specs, but it's in beta and not complete yet.

Looking forward to it, you can never have enough shop switchers.

:D

The railroad took recently delivery of the southern sylvan green with gold boiler banded version of the PS-4 A class 4-6-2 pacific engines based of the southern ones but with a Vanderbilt tender, one of these is seen hauling coal on the mainline.

Like I said not an issue for me. Interestingly it turns out that Mower Lumber's locomotives were painted red and green. I'd love to see a good photo of the roster at the time, must have been blinding!

Only one engine wore the Chinese red and green livery (Mower #1), and it wore it very near the end of Mower Lumber's operating era. There was another livery which used oxide red on the cab and tender tanks, but that is nowhere near as vibrant as the Chinese red and was only applied to shays 1 and 4 (the only engines then in steam). The vast majority of Mower's engines were simply painted black.

#1 in Chinese Red and Green (Painted this way in 1957, sold to Midwest Raleigh scrappers in 1959)
shay-1-1961.jpg

#1 wearing the oxide red cab and tender tank with black everywhere else scheme in 1954
28060901_1596143760506389_8486176774005213395_o.jpg

Finally the standard Mower paint scheme, solid black. (Shay 12, withdrawn 1942 due to bent frame. pic taken 1954)
27625058_1584627191658046_3984846458495992265_o.jpg

So is like better than deluxe? I mean everyone here seems to all have deluxe?

When I and many others purchased TANE platinum was not available. I'm not sure that it is better but it appears to have more stuff which is never a bad thing. :D It appears as though platinum contains everything that was in deluxe I think. I note that you already own TANE so you might want to compare what you already have to what is included, you may want to look at the TANE Platinum upgrade https://store.trainzportal.com/products/tane-platinum-edition-bundle. Again it would depend on what you have now. Since I already own everything that is in the platinum bundle it doesn't make sense for me to do the upgrade.

Last edited:
Back