a curious occurance in TANE

dangavel

Was working on my Uintah route today and working on some areas where i was raising terrain. I have a 2010 Mac pro 6 core workstation with rx580 nirto 8gb card.I have 4 drives in total 2 ssds two hitachi enterprise drives for storage . TANE is running on an 500 gb SSD which si fine and all the drives appear to be working well . The computer appeared to be slowing down a bit the past couple of days ( had photoshop, firefox playing youtube videos, google earth pro , TANE build 95078 adobe audition all open at the same time ). Looked at RAM and had about 4 gig spare. Ran a program called onyx to clean out all the caches etc .
however cleaning and turning off apps did not make any difference.
Anyway, i decided to save another version of the route and now, all is back to normal.
anyone have any idea what might be the issue here ?

Was working on my Uintah route today and working on some areas where i was raising terrain. I have a 2010 Mac pro 6 core workstation with rx580 nirto 8gb card.I have 4 drives in total 2 ssds two hitachi enterprise drives for storage . TANE is running on an 500 gb SSD which si fine and all the drives appear to be working well . The computer appeared to be slowing down a bit the past couple of days ( had photoshop, firefox playing youtube videos, google earth pro , TANE build 95078 adobe audition all open at the same time ). Looked at RAM and had about 4 gig spare. Ran a program called onyx to clean out all the caches etc .
however cleaning and turning off apps did not make any difference.
Anyway, i decided to save another version of the route and now, all is back to normal.
anyone have any idea what might be the issue here ?

I have seen that with TANE and the issue was brought up with N3V a few times. As we've said in the past, this may have something to do with the cache not clearing automatically. By saving the route, you are in effect flushing the cache manually.

The issue doesn't seem to be as much of a problem with TRS19, however, making me wonder if the issue was solved in TRS19 but never addressed in TANE.

I have seen that with TANE and the issue was brought up with N3V a few times. As we've said in the past, this may have something to do with the cache not clearing automatically. By saving the route, you are in effect flushing the cache manually.

The issue doesn't seem to be as much of a problem with TRS19, however, making me wonder if the issue was solved in TRS19 but never addressed in TANE.

That makes sense, I'm glad i keep on saving multiple copies of the route as a precaution .
cheers John.

Just a follow up on this, i'm having the same issue with the new save after a day working on it, it becomes sluggish, having to save new versions every day, which is a bit worrying.

Back