Snow High Valley Distr Ctr (High Resolution 950x532) Approx

Excellent, OK, on the Pro Tracks, go to his Thread for MSGSapper and post your concern on Ultra setting, and when u do, make sure you put all the specs settings for your computer, like model, Graphics Card, type of Hard Drive....Spin or SSD model etc, so that they can help suggest a setting for you.....He and others are very knowledgeable on this type thing......MSGSapper has huge following of well schooled Members who understand this thing with PBR settings and TRS19 Memory configurations etc.....

I just bought new computer end of last year, ASUS ROG with 1050 GTI graphics with 2 GIGS of VRAM and 32 GIGS system ram, and I have no problem as long as I make sure I shut off other Ram hogging programs when I run Trainz ETC..

Now for the Route, you description on Mountains is exactly what I needed to know to proceed with building Valley FLoors and Mountains.....

I would like you to specify if you can, do you have any particular Large Steel Bridges or even Concrete etc, you like, so I can use them and position them in the Gorges etc,,,,I can do what I think looks OK, but I would rather use the ones you like,,,,,Thanks for excellent description of your wishes....

Now I will get busy with Mountain building, and I will send you changes (copy of updated CDP Route File) as I go along.,,,,Too see how you like....

I already added a few support tiles on sides in some places I thought needed them... And I spread one of the Curves out further too........

Enjoy your evening I think, I am 8 hrs later.....its 10 AM in the morning here.......

I have to leave for LA soon, but I wanted U to see this,,,,I stretched the mainline further over to give a better elongated curve here......Like I said, this is all very rough now,,,,It will look much different in 2 weeks...

Please look at mountains here in the back , I will fix this to, it is what I call the Cookie Cutter effect, so if take pictures now from train side u see this,,,,I will adjust and fix this.....It has to do with elevation and horizon end of Tiles view....

I redid the elevation as I found out on other end of merge, I could lower the initial Grade up in the mountains from 520 to 850, now we have even better Gradient...

Another part of same thing,,,I will smooth all this out,,,,And fill in deep valleys here too.......Still all rough from hacking and splicing etc.....

I have nice idea for something I think you really like too, I want to keep as surprise........

see you later sir......Take Care

Last edited:
Good evening, dear Blue, by parties; I will follow your instructions in the case of the tracks.

About the bridges, I like the metalic buuut .... I think that in this route the viaducts would be better. I attach some images of a viaduct that is about 20 kms south of my route and of mixed rail-road bridges located about 100 kms further south and built in the 60's to save several valleys in a large reservoir, they are curious.
But the decision is yours, engineer :wave::hehe:

Always at your disposal, sir

Regards

100-8093.jpg

139.jpg

viaductos-pk-19-672.jpg

N-630-Puente-del-Almonte.jpg

Puentes-de-Hidroel-ctrica-Semipuente-acabado.jpg

Puentes-de-Hidroel-ctrica-Secci-n-viga-caj-n.jpg

Hi Javier thank you very much for the pictures that's exactly what I was looking for it now see what I have that I can put in there.... ��

Additional Notes: Had some Church duties tonight, but earlier in the day I was able to do about 2/3's of raising the floor to 500 ft or more on one side of the center expansion Joints and I'll put in the Mountains on the left side probably starting tomorrow.??

So will see how much I do before I fall asleep.....LOL.........

I'll plan on sending you another copy of the Route Tomorrow or Sunday so you can see in Stages how it is transforming from the Rough looking one you see today.........

I really like the type of bridges you selected, now I just have to figure where they'll there best....I already pretty much know where I want the viaduct to go........

That's enough for tonight.

I need to" get cracking and make some hay while the Sun is Shining"....An old saying from many decades back in my life,,,meant get your tail in gear and get going on the job........

Have a nice evening.......

Last edited:
New Construction Pictures.....

Hello Javier here are new Pics of your Ruta De La Plata...

I did a lot of cut n fell last night, and I did some Water Treatment by means of making some Lakes and Ponds, it is experimental so I hope u like it,,,,This is over view from above...

This is closer look and the mainline goes above the water which is in deep Canyon and and above and behind the upper lake area....

Here is a partial view of the water areas I created......Everything is still Rough, I have lots of smoothing and more mountains to build on this one......

View of deep canyon area here, now one of the things with this deep area, it can be raised if it is to low......Not a problem.......And because everything is not done, as in I need to take the sheer canyon walls and change the 90degree to 45 Degree so it looks a little more natural.......

This is fresh how and is how it looks when I first start to build it,,,,,I flatten the land, spray water around randomly, and then raise all the ground around the Water with fixed elevation on Surveyor tool, once I get the land how I want it to encircle the water like ponds or lagoons, then go back one last time, and make small, very small rolling hills on some parts....It comes out really nice I think....

Javier I will send you another copy of this latest change, so you can see if you like what I did.......?

Also I threw on extra tiles for working space, and if you desire, you can always trim them off, but this Route is not large at all, so you don't need to, unless you feel it is warranted.....

Have a great weekend my friend........

My friend, this is going very well, I have seen the new update that you have sent me and I like how you are doing the work and I have a lot of ideas and questions.

First, the route should have a name according to what it shows, Blue Route or Blue Mountain Route? but the name is yours.:eek::hehe:

I would like to include in the route one of those mixed rail-road bridges, I have thought of doing it as a non-spline object, of course I need to measure the length and height of the support as high as necessary, the bridge would be straight

bridge.jpg

Do you think the road should be 2 lanes or 4? Depending on your opinion, you should tell me the width for 4 lanes. I think just one of these bridges and the rest viaducts.

Another opinion, what do you think about including a station more or less by the middle of the new section that you are doing? I have seen an area where it could be put; a station with tracks of sufficient length to cross several trains, American trains (for the length); not a very large station, something according to the route.
The stations that now have the route seem small for those crosses.

I have many more ideas but little by little "piano piano si arriva lontano"

​Thank you very much my dear friend

Javier,

I just re Read you messages on Bridges and traffic etc, and passenger stations....sorry I missed those questions, I will address them separately too you.......Too tired to think on that now,,,almost 3 AM ....LOL

Here is another round of pictures as your Route extension begins to take shape, I adjusted the water color for a deeper blue here, You can see the color difference in the next Photo...

SO today , I did lots of wall shaving on Mountains, more fill in to give it more of a natural contour, Mountains slow me down, because I have to go to front and back to assign the quality of look I think they should be....

Down below in the water, I threw in a ship for effect, and it looks ok.....

Mainline here in view is cut up, and needs more finishing, I had to move it abut, to get the contours,,,,The deep ridge is from me cutting an filling other spots, it wont look like this once I come back thru with smoothing tool...I tend to jump around a lot in the route as something will catch my eye as not looking right, and I'll jump over to it.......LOL

Over here I playing Water color settings for different times of day with the Color Environment CLock.......

Turning toime and contrast colors, you get a deep shade of Dusk here, and I wanted to see the distant mountains to see if they look OK, and I am pleased here, nothing looks odd in foreground....These are the things I look for as contour the forms of your Route.

Another long shot of Mountains here in @ 12:00 Noon, as you can see all the land is basically flat sculpted here, I have gotten into this area yet.......Still very rough......Lots of Mountain building needed in this side......Distant mountains here look great.....

Now I experimented with a small DAM area here because of the natural way these hills and mountains ended here, it wasn't planned, it just ended up this way, so I took advantage and looked for a Bridge, I might change it to another will see. I just thru in basic Sand, Rock and mud textures here to get a feel of how it might look, semi finished.......

Over here you see more of the deep chasm, and some smaller mountains along the edge of the route which I carved into place, on the left is bulk preset elevation levels, of where I think the land should be, then I'll build it up into mountains like the back, only on this side the mountains willl gain much more Altitude in height as we gain elevation as we come over here....SO I need to make sure the mountains height is in proper perspective to the scale height of this side of the route, which is probably Elevation of 800-900 Feet.....iF YOU LOOK on the rifht side, you'll see the Route assending the cliff face looking out over the waters at about 2.50% or less of grade,,,,,,,,,Great view of deep waters below for Train Crew......

Another shot her so deep Canyon Walls, which I have to build out to more horizontal look,,,,,

Very narrow area here, I need lots of widening to do, but you can see how the mainline will run in this area........To immediate Left, this will have a good size Mountain here that will block the deep water view you can see now....

Here you see how vertical the wall is, it wont be as much when I finish,,,,,The track has nice grade here, maybe 2% perfect for your trains......

Back view of Swamps and lagoon area, that's where you come in Javier with Texture and Schrubs etc.........I will do some texture, but limited, because it is easier for you than me to do, since you know what you like for Texture and Trees etc.....

That's it for tonight, will see how it comes along tomorrow...Enjoy day Javier..........

Last edited:
Answers to your previous Ques about Design request

My friend, this is going very well, I have seen the new update that you have sent me and I like how you are doing the work and I have a lot of ideas and questions.

First, the route should have a name according to what it shows, Blue Route or Blue Mountain Route? but the name is yours.:eek::hehe:

I would like to include in the route one of those mixed rail-road bridges, I have thought of doing it as a non-spline object, of course I need to measure the length and height of the support as high as necessary, the bridge would be straight

bridge.jpg

Do you think the road should be 2 lanes or 4? Depending on your opinion, you should tell me the width for 4 lanes. I think just one of these bridges and the rest viaducts.

Another opinion, what do you think about including a station more or less by the middle of the new section that you are doing? I have seen an area where it could be put; a station with tracks of sufficient length to cross several trains, American trains (for the length); not a very large station, something according to the route.
The stations that now have the route seem small for those crosses.

I have many more ideas but little by little "piano piano si arriva lontano"

​Thank you very much my dear friend

Hi Javier,

Again my apologies, I guess when I read this it must have been very late at night, and didn't realize you had questions and needed a response.....

Ok, for the Route name........I'm thinking Blue Mountain Express Route? or similar......I trust your judgement Sir....

For highways, I like maybe one four lane Route as just one highway coming from out of Town and going out of Town.......And all the rest two lane, with a sprinkling of narrow or single Roads intertwining the area, the reason I say this, because basically the size Routes I work in don't cover a really large area, or real complex, so I think One major highway is good with connections from much smaller roads Etc.....And that's just me, others have their likes and prerequisite's of what they like to see....

Passenger Stations can be large n small on a Route, they just need to make sense where they are located, the thing I see that I end up changing is folks with just drop a Station somewhere on the Route, and for me, it has to make some sense as to what the purpose was for that location, if not, I am going to move the Station to a better location........So I trust u to take the location u think is the best.......And when you look at my updates, if you need an area wider for tracks, please let me know, there is no problem to widen any parts of the new center section, and we can cut the water too, to make room, much better to do it now than later after trees and other stuff is added....So please tell me.....We have plenty of room in the top, where the main line is...And if you want take the latest copy, and circle in Red or Black paint the area you need for widening.....Like marking an area with a spray can, and I can cut mountains easily to!!! To expand the area...Real easy, I don't mind at all Javier......This is what I want u to do, so we get it the way you need it.....And that was the other Reason I added so many tiles for work area, instead of say 2-4 tiles wide, I hate to be crowded on a Route, I have seen this so many times, and then you end up shoving all the buildings and stuff tightly together, messing with the rails and making awful Curves where it looks terrible for Rolling Stock over hangs,,,,And maybe I'm just too picky, but that is the way I try to operate & build my Routes when possible, it really pays off later on........

Oh and while I think of it, 1-2 Large Stations if they look right in say Downtown areas sound great, where the big highways would be near ????

I like bridges, tunnels and Viaducts, they're so cool to use on a Route, especially over deep Canyons, it adds so much to the View,

I think of our departed Bridge Builder Ben Dorsey, King of Kings, prince of Gentleman,

Who'd do anything for us, the most polite person in the world a Gentle Giant with phenomenal talent for building our Bridges and many other things..

He stands up there with the Titans of Asset Builders, and we have numerous others, but Ben was known if I remember correctly for title as TRESTLE BUILDER........I was privileged for time to know of him and converse with him,,,,,,,I/all of us here miss him a lot.......RIP Ben.......

If you mark up the latest copies of this Route, then just send it back to me with a Note, indicating what you need added or changed ??? Then I use it as a reference to the Current copy, you can't hurt the Route Copy at all as I have a continuing new (3) copies of current work copies and they are back up to the Cloud Daily as well...,.....

U could also mark up specific areas where you might want more Mountains too, and then I can change or model them up......I hope all this makes sense here.....???

OK....I need to get to it on the Route,

Family is away with some sports events so it is quite here now for few hours and I can concentrate on what I need to do,,,,,,

Have blessed Day Javier...........

Update for Javier:

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?83363-Content-by-MSGSapper

Go over and see some of the bridges our Master Sergeant has tooled out for TRS-19, I think they look great........He is at again,,,,,,has great talent and attention to detail when it comes to Asset Creation....!!!

Just saw this now, as I was tooling thru the forum today, catching up on current msgs etc......

Last edited:
Really impressed I am "Sir Blue", I have looked at the route again but I do not know what to say, I would not like to influence you very much.
I have looked at the fantastic works of MSGSapper a bit but I must see them in more detail.

I will send you some marks for routes that I made some time ago, to mark where the works are going, if they are worth I can change them to English with the words that you think best.
I also sent you a bridge that I made for another project, try it and tell me what you think of size, texture, etc; not to use that but to see if it can serve as a basis to do what I say.

For the moment .........

See you tomorrow Blue, my friend

mark3.jpg

bridge.jpg

Javier

2 screenshots from my WIP route:)

First one here is the harbour... and let me tell you, the tracks are a mess! :D
44zsJZp.png

And of couse, just to the right of the camera is the yard for the harbour
yPSdiR8.png

Peace

Really impressed I am "Sir Blue", I have looked at the route again but I do not know what to say, I would not like to influence you very much.
I have looked at the fantastic works of MSGSapper a bit but I must see them in more detail.

I will send you some marks for routes that I made some time ago, to mark where the works are going, if they are worth I can change them to English with the words that you think best.
I also sent you a bridge that I made for another project, try it and tell me what you think of size, texture, etc; not to use that but to see if it can serve as a basis to do what I say.

For the moment .........

See you tomorrow Blue, my friend

mark3.jpg

bridge.jpg

Javier

I like the markers, and if you could change them so English, would be great....Also I really like the concrete finish on the Bridge piers, that is really authentic looking, and trust me, the way my mind works, I look at how things look when there made, right now I am watching a huge Bridge replacement that will allow larger ships to pass underneath the new bridge, go check out this link and see what you think,,,,,

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=San+Pedro+Bridge+project&t=ffnt&atb=v157-3zp&ia=web

I think you'll find this large multi Billion dollar project most entertaining on the how it is being done....

Rest up for tomorrow.......

Regards.....

2 screenshots from my WIP route:)
First one here is the harbor... and let me tell you, the tracks are a mess! :D
44zsJZp.png

And of course, just to the right of the camera is the yard for the harbor

Peace

Hello there, well I can sure tell Spring Time has arrived and everyone, including your's truly have projects going on, now That I got those pesky Tax Returns done......LOL

So you say the tracks r a mess???? Hmmmm??? :hehe:

I don't think so, :(

I could take you to the port of LA or City of Chicago and show you some horrid looking Tracks. that are cut up, going somewhere, nowhere, heck I don't know, the way they slice and dice these industrial leads now.....

To, way to many trucks on the freeways now,,,,,And LA handles 46% of the nations Inter Model bizzzz.......Good night America, we are busy over here.......

Now lets get this straight, from my side of the fence,

:) I see your route as very well laid out, and you can actually look at your track plan, and I don't see bottle necks, like I did with a Route I downloaded today, and will have to go in and do some re engineering of Yards, mainlines, and curves and few other things, the Route is really nice, but Route flow in several areas, doesn't pass muster with my way of looking at things, and that's OK,,,,,I do the changes for myself and respect the authors work for what they intended.

Now for your Dock, I see right off the bat, nice sweeping curves, trackage not shoved so close together that you can tell hardly what track your on, let alone get to the track you want, because the tracks are right next to each other like a Ribbon of 12-=15 parallel and overlapping tracks like some of the Chicago Rail Yards back east....

So I am very interested in your Route,,,,it taint broken, and I know you'll probably tweak a bit more, but take it from me, that is one heck of a track plan you have going on, and I like it, it makes sense from what I can tell......

Excellent planning there....You have my Vote......

And don't forget to take a breather to reset the Mind and Body mode...

Sometimes Trainz or any intensive project will get to you, and you just need to take,, THE PAUSE THAT REFRESHES SIR" I truly believe in that........Please post up some more pictures too, when you get some, so I can see more......IF I see something that doesn't look quite right, I would be your friend and tell you up front, honesty is the best way to go on something like this.......

I do see one thing I might change a bit, but I would need to play on the Route to see if it really needs the change up, and it isn't a big thing, It is just something I noticed after a 3rd look at the pictures.......

Good morning Blue, still at night in Madrid 7:00 am and raining.

About the marks, without problems to do them in English but you must tell me what you want to use them for. To mark bridges and textures, I have it clear, but I do not know what your needs are for marking the routes, please tell me what items you should mark to put the words that you think may help you.

On the bridge, interesting the project that you mention, I start with the dual bridge.

See you later

Edit

Dual bridge, section of 200 meters or 656 ft.

dual1.jpg

dual2.jpg

Last edited:
I have increased the resolution of the concrete because I had saved the original HD texture. ;)

definition.jpg

definition2.jpg

That is one interesting bridge, I take it that is made this way for Strength over long spans, our Freeways here are very similar except they make the edges at an angle not 90 degrees like a box such as yours.....Pretty amazing creation you made......Does anything go inside the bottom of square tube, like utilities or pipes for water, electrical etc........Or is used for traffic too!

And for the Markers, I have too think about that,,,,,,,I'll let you know....Probably markers for industrial area, like a Harbor where ships come in to load might be a good idea....

Thanks for bringing in the pictures,,,,,I don't think we have any Train or Road Bridges like this...I don't recall seeing any.....I could be wrong.......Off to bed for me, next 2 days very busy with work and Dr appt's for Mr's Blue.......Routine, nothing serious, but needs to be accomplished for good health things etc.....

Blue, on that bridge above the road and inside the track, trains go through inside.
On the marks, you'll tell me when you think about it.
I hope your health is iron after the doctor's visit.

Cheers

Puentes-de-Hidroel-ctrica-Puente-del-Almonte.jpg

Puentes-de-Hidroel-ctrica-Puente-del-Tajo-Rokko69.jpg

Hello there, well I can sure tell Spring Time has arrived and everyone, including your's truly have projects going on, now That I got those pesky Tax Returns done......LOL

So you say the tracks r a mess???? Hmmmm??? :hehe:

I don't think so, :(

I could take you to the port of LA or City of Chicago and show you some horrid looking Tracks. that are cut up, going somewhere, nowhere, heck I don't know, the way they slice and dice these industrial leads now.....

To, way to many trucks on the freeways now,,,,,And LA handles 46% of the nations Inter Model bizzzz.......Good night America, we are busy over here.......

Now lets get this straight, from my side of the fence,

:) I see your route as very well laid out, and you can actually look at your track plan, and I don't see bottle necks, like I did with a Route I downloaded today, and will have to go in and do some re engineering of Yards, mainlines, and curves and few other things, the Route is really nice, but Route flow in several areas, doesn't pass muster with my way of looking at things, and that's OK,,,,,I do the changes for myself and respect the authors work for what they intended.

Now for your Dock, I see right off the bat, nice sweeping curves, trackage not shoved so close together that you can tell hardly what track your on, let alone get to the track you want, because the tracks are right next to each other like a Ribbon of 12-=15 parallel and overlapping tracks like some of the Chicago Rail Yards back east....

So I am very interested in your Route,,,,it taint broken, and I know you'll probably tweak a bit more, but take it from me, that is one heck of a track plan you have going on, and I like it, it makes sense from what I can tell......

Excellent planning there....You have my Vote......

And don't forget to take a breather to reset the Mind and Body mode...

Sometimes Trainz or any intensive project will get to you, and you just need to take,, THE PAUSE THAT REFRESHES SIR" I truly believe in that........Please post up some more pictures too, when you get some, so I can see more......IF I see something that doesn't look quite right, I would be your friend and tell you up front, honesty is the best way to go on something like this.......

I do see one thing I might change a bit, but I would need to play on the Route to see if it really needs the change up, and it isn't a big thing, It is just something I noticed after a 3rd look at the pictures.......

Hello Blue,
Yay, taxes are done! That means don’t have to worry for another year ;)

That’s true... LA for sure has a mess of tracks for sure! Especially with those industrial tracks that goes 10 miles if not more and dead ends… Chicago has something like that, but mostly on the not-so-safe parts...

Oh yes, I had fun editing other routes just for the fun of it, mostly the Razorback Classic from TRS2006 onward. It was mainly fixing the floating tracks it had, replacing the signals, and a few other things. Those were the fun days… :D

I guess I can think I-90 for getting the dock ideas for Chicago, as it runs by the NS mainline that sees Amtrak, the South Shore, and by the oil refineries. It’s a toll way, but I still enjoy traveling on that whenever I get to lol. Good thing Google Maps exist or else I won’t be able to go around the world and get ideas in general lol.

I try not to break my routes… Trainz on the other hand might… but I guess we’ll see to see on how that goes...

As for the breather, I had taken a long one from finishing up American Mountains, as it drained me from ideas! Good news is, I have an idea now, so while its still in my head, I better finish it before I lose it :D. I don’t know what railroad its going to be, but I can tell you it’s a Midwestern themed route (similar to Midwestern Branch).

As for the picture request, I have a few more that are about 9 hours old from more working on it, and driving a few engines to eye out the speed limits. That’s when I went back and redone the curves and grades, as some where 2.50% for no reason! I’ll have to play with the super elevation as some of the curves could use some :D

Here is an update to the harbour
URL]

URL]

A little something that I don’t know if it’ll stay there, or if it’ll be somewhere else
URL]

My testing train for getting the speed limits, curves, and grades
URL]

UPDATE: so it turns out the forums isn't letting me post anymore images normally, so now I'll have to provide the links instead.... Ugh..:(

That’s all I have at the moment,
Peace,
Nate

Last edited:
Very unusual bridge...

Wow, I never knew this kind of Bridge even existed, I love it Javier,,,,Lets see where we can use this on your Route........????

Very, Very cool item.....I am stoked over this Bridge.....:p

Those pictures r worth a 1000 Words each, it makes perfect sense....Very smart idea too......Who knew they had Bridges like this, I sure did not......Never heard it mentioned before, Javier your a great resource and wealth of information my friend....:wave:

Wow, I never knew this kind of Bridge even existed, I love it Javier,,,,Lets see where we can use this on your Route........????

Very, Very cool item.....I am stoked over this Bridge.....:p

Those pictures r worth a 1000 Words each, it makes perfect sense....Very smart idea too......Who knew they had Bridges like this, I sure did not......Never heard it mentioned before, Javier your a great resource and wealth of information my friend....:wave:

Good afternoon Blue

At the beginning of the 60 the Entrepeñas reservoir (Betweenrocks) was finished; As the water rose level, roads and the RR line were submerged. The hydroelectric company commissioned the construction of these bridges (two) to a pool of engineering firms that came to that solution by saving costs and space (do not duplicate bridges for road and RR). They will not be the biggest or the most beautiful in the world but for the train lover they have a special charm although even here in Spain they are little known.

For Trainz I will make two types of exits or entrances similar to those that you see and when I have done it I send it to you.

You have a lot of patience with me, engineer :hehe:

Javier I look at it this way it's a symbiotic relationship you learn from me I learned from you it's a very good thing because I can't come over to your country very often and I don't know if you're coming over here but it's a lot of money to go on trips and so it's really cool to learn from somebody that lives there I think it's a good deal and I'm having a lot of fun with it thank you so much for your time and patience to my friend.... 😎

Good morning partner

Cultural exchange? I think it's perfect, the culture widens the horizons and "learning does not take place", I say it in my case, always learning.
I visited your fantastic country many years ago but only for work and very little time; I think you would like Spain because it is similar to USA in the variety of orography, climate, landscapes, etc, of course much smaller, I think you would not feel like a stranger.

The bridge
I have opted for a modular solution and I have also created two input-output types, one for straight tracks and another for curved tracks, so we get at least 4 bridge types, if we add that can join sections of the main part becomes a bridge quite versatile. The main supports have a height of 100 meters or 300 ft and it is also modular to place where necessary and regulate in height.
I have to add some supports in the curved in-out piece and fix some bugs I've seen but like "a picture is worth a thousand words" attached some screenshoots.

Let's see what you think.

See you later Blue
:D

Javier

exit1.jpg

exit2.jpg

en-curva.jpg

salida-en-curva2.jpg

salida3.jpg

salida4.jpg

bridgein.jpg

puented.jpg