Australian screenshots

Very nice shots Roy, your detailing is superb and the textures as roads is definitely an improvement.
That model route looks awesome Mick and is now on my list of stuff to download in the morning.
Just a few from me to end the year on.
Bulli trots anyone?
My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Bulli station

Bulli

V/Line Tulloch at Waaia

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE

Cheers
Graeme

Great shots everyone.

Just a thought. I would find it useful if people could post a brief overview of their intent for their displayed work. Are we looking at something planned as a DLS release? Something shortly upcoming. A long term vision perhaps? Or something from the sandpit (your play ground). Is the shot from a diorama staged for your screenie?

Its all good fun, so no judgement what ever way. But I think some background info would add value to the screenies.

Good idea Phil, it would make it easier.
My previous post, the first 3 are from the Illawarra and South Coast line - a WIP collaboration between myself and Taggy, as you might guess, I'm doing the bulk of the scenery, my specialty. Too early to know what will happen about a release.
The last shot is from VR Goulburn Murray Lines v4 a WIP update adding the Colbinabbin / Girgarre branches and removing poorly performing billboard trees. As with all of my own routes VRGML4 will be on the DLS at some stage.
HAPPY NEW YEAR
cheers
Graeme

Thanks Matruck. When I get a new PC sorted out I'll have to do a TS19 version with proper TurfFX grass to replace those old JVC splines. I love the lighting and palette in 19. So much ambiance. :)

Think the jury is still out on the TurfFX stuff as it is pretty complicated to use, Well I find it complicated and there are a few threads on it from other Trainzer's who find it complicated also but hopefully by the time you get the putor sorted the powers that be will have sorted sum thing more usable for us simple minded folk lol. The route went in TRS19 no problems what so ever not really sure what would need replacing if any thing at all I love it as is.
Mick.

Hey Roy,

You don't have to worry about how you do things mate. Your technique is incredible and your attention to detail is great. Sydney has never looked so good!
All the credit goes to the amazing work and effort from Graeme. His scenery just pops, it brings out the best of the South Coast. I usually only detail around the stations and tracks to make it closer to what I remember but the rest is all Graeme's work. My job is track, anything to do with the railway itself something I enjoy and have practiced a lot.

Phil, the map you see is a prototypical recreation of the NSW South Coast Line, running from Sutherland to Kiama/Port Kembla. Its a collaboration between myself and Graeme. It s a big job but I expect it will be released with Graeme's blessing one day when it is finished. I have maps to add Bomaderry/Nowra and Moss Vale cross country line to it at a much further date as well if Graeme isn't totally over working with me. haha

Anyone know a static Steam loco I can use for Bulli? I have the correct wagon/van but need a static loco.

Last edited:
Thanks Aaron and Graeme for your support. I'm just having a few 'senior moments' trying to co-ordinate several assets to work together on a hilly area.

One thing I have found in TRS19,... Shadows "switched-on" don't really work with tram tracks laid on a slope, even when they are embedded into the terrain. Having a bend in the track, just makes it even worse as the shadow of the track appears at different odd angles. It's necessary to add 4 or 5 extra spline points and then embed them to hide the shadows. On straight level areas it's more controllable.

With Shadows "switched-off" it's far easier to set tram tracks and with much fewer spline points.

However, I'll get it to work eventually. I've just got to select what works and then stick with it. My problem, 'I like shadows' which makes it more natural.

The image below shows the hilly section and the shadow of the tram tracks, even though they have already been 'smoothed to the spline points'.

2019-01-01-131344.jpg

And with shadows switched-off.
2019-01-01-145647.jpg

This is more like what I'll go with.
2019-01-01-174111.jpg

I'll use a texture for the road base, AJS-TUME Traffic lanes and a footpath spline.

Cheers,

Roy

I don't have TRS2019 yet (where's the DVD), but I'm with you on this one Roy. My number 1 annoyance is 2 dimensional objects which cast shadows.

Hope someone from NV3 is listening to the clamour.

Last edited:
Happy new year everyone.....

Some export tests to make sure the mesh is mapped good enough for decent resolution....

I really thought the Renegades would win...

Cheers.

This is such a good thread. Great shots everyone. (and thanks Roy).

Latest screenshots from WeddinNSW WIP, now incorporating a fantastic model of Grenfell Station building, created by ad602000. It's always bugged me that such an iconic building in the town wasn't represented correctly in my model.
Thanks heaps Pete !!!!

Grenfell-Station.jpg

Grenfell-Station.jpg

Grenfell-Station.jpg

Last edited:
Lovely shot Aaron, looks like you've been busy already. You might try tunnel track under the loco, as suggested by Azervich when I posted the shot of the ARHS Museum at Williamstown.
Keep at it Roy, perserverence and a beer whilst in contemplation is the key, just not too much contemplation. :p A thought did occur to me that the grid may not match up with the track, i.e. old track which bends sharply when away from the highest detail LOD and using 5m grid under it.
Grenfell station looks a work of art Phil and great shots too.
Looking good Azza. It does look very similar to a 442 class.

The Intercapital Daylight around The Rock, on my ARTC Main South route on the DLS

cheers
Graeme

Graeme, those water reflections shots looks so realistic. Eye candy :). You have to put one of them up for screen shot of the week competition - maybe the last. (But please, not this week, up against my entry !!)

Last edited:
Another one...
The A Class!
A-Moar.png

Only took 6 months to get the nose right lmao
S and Bs to come. Long awaited if you ask me :p

Happy New Year!

I have been updating the VR Goulburn line to TRS19 standard and here is a shot on the run:
Very nice shot Mark, I'm updating it as well. I'm in the process of texturing the Colbinabbin /Girgarre branch for version 4 which I've already merged in and then generally tarting it up for TRS19. There's almost enough variety of PBR textures to do the job, but we're missing broad gauge PBR protrack. I've been using Samplaire's PBR protracks for standard gauge route renovations. Version 5 of Goulburn Murray will add the Toolamba to Echuca branch. Maybe the next Trainz will be out by then.
cheers
Graeme

Graeme,

Yes, I have just done a fairly simple update of textures and Turfx . It seems to run alot better with PBR textures. I have alos modified the signalling somewhat, in most cases to replicate as it was in the semaphore era based on track diagrams. I did have Shepparton yard signalling but cannot find it now, so have used licence to create it as I see fit. I have used alot more signalling than was in use but it allows me to use the full suite of the awesome VR signals. Took about 2 hours to do it though as getting the signals to operate as per turnouts takes tie to position.

I agree about protrack and the lack of VR BG in this reagrd. I actually swapped out for the Spanish Broad gauge on your ARTC line. It's not as good as the VR track but it does have turnouts. Kind of looks pretty average these days without Protrack.

Also let me know if you would like some help "updating" the route to TRS19 standard. In particular I would be quite happy to help get the signalling as accurate as possible. Maybe even do 2 versions: a semaphore era version then a colour light, rationalised version. Feel free to PM further if you like.

Mark

Back