ugly trains

P3-12.jpg

pt6-new2.jpg

I'm just imagining on the side of this it says "Free toy trains" in badly written marker:
iu

Volkstrain:
iu

No comment:
iu

oof
iu

he boot to big for he goddam feet
4068382366_8127ce89de_b.jpg

I find it hard to believe that the blue and white VW is genuine and not photoshopped.

Hilversum, November 19, 2011. A special vehicle in transit on track 4. This is the only existing rail bus based on the Volkswagen T1 diesel, the well-known split bus. Recently this prototype from 1965 was found in Germany and completely restored to its original state. Photo Henk Koster.

Of course it’s photoshopped look at the track it’s “altered” and why putting CoCo bogies on a light VW van, btw the pic is in Netherlands

I've seen that many times at the Tennessee Valley Railroad Museum and I can provide a few bits of info about it. The railcar was originally made by Fiat and was sent back to Italy several years ago. I've got a small pamphlet that lists all the Tennessee Valley Railroad Museum's roster, which you can buy at their gift shop also, somewhere that provides more info about it, but I can't find it right now. Next time I find it, and I remember this post in this thread, I'll provide some more info about it.

Sent for test ? Why don’t they put knuckles instead of screw links and buffers

I don't know why that it doesn't have knuckle couplers, but I do know that it was privately owned by an individual, not by the Museum, so the individual had the say as to whether he wanted knuckle couplers on it or not. Adding knuckle couplers won't be easy. The radiator for the engine is right where the coupler would go. This means that the at least the radiator would have to be modified, though this might also result in having to actually move the engine and all the parts connected to it. This would also result in having to redesign the whole railcar to compensate for the repositioning of the engine and all the parts of it. Then you have to modify the actual frame to handle the weight of the coupler and also have a place to put the coupler. This may actually result in having to make a whole new frame for it. It would be like turning a front-engine car into a mid-engine car.

Sent for test ? Why don’t they put knuckles instead of screw links and buffers
Because it is an ugly bus, on RR wheels ... It probably wouldn't have enough horsepower to tow another ugly bus behind it

I wonder what the shipping and handling cost was ? :hehe:

Surely has a goofy horn that goes: "BEEP BEEP", "MEEP MEEP", or "OrrEee OrrEee"

Looks old enough to be the Mussolini Mobile

3442981585_744732a851_z.jpg

Last edited:
Back