GMax and 3DSMax (And any other modeling program) screenies/renders

Basic colors for the SD70M-2
SD70M-2-Color.jpg

Nice work Crazytrain, Well i wish i had of paid more attention during class when sum friends along time ago were trying to teach me mapping but so far I have at least the main body of this hopper to where I want it now just sum over lapping faces on the underside.
render2.jpg

Cheers Mick.

I would also like to see Jupiter,along with it's other variants (Storm is one of them,I don't remember the rest.),we could defiantly use some more central pacific locomotives here! Bdaneal's CP 60 and UP 119 are nice,but they are not up to standards,but there still quite good for a TRS2004/06 model.

Take the time with it,I don't mean to gimmie pig ether. Waiting for it to be good to go is a good idea to me. ;)

The 44 ton Gevo finally grows up.
CN-ET44AC-Rough.jpg

So, when you say it's 74' 6" long, do you mean at the coupler faces, anticlimber ends or what? If it's the coupler faces, it isn't 15' 5" tall where it should be.

ugh

I've got a book originally owned by the NS's Mechanical Depart at Inman Yard in Atlanta, Georgia and lists the dimensions of the locomotives NS owned in 2006. According to the dimensions of their ES40DC's bought between 2004 and 2006, the distance between coupler pin to coupler pin is 73 feet, 1 3/4 inches, and the height from rails to the top of the air conditioner on top of the cab is 16 foot, 1/2 inches. Also, according to Locomotives The Modern Diesel & Electric Reference, which dates to 2008, the Evolution Series length is 73 foot, 2 inches. According to thedieselshop.us, the height of an ES44AC is 15 foot 5 inches and the length 73 foot, 2 inches. Your height is spot on, but you're 2 feet, 4 inches too long.
EDIT: In case you're wondering, the book I own that previously belonged to NS's Atlanta Mechanical Department has a lot more dimensions regarding length of their diesels, including their EVOS.

Last edited:
For those interested -
Yes, this is the UP 116 set (numbers 116-120) which I am doing for Curtis's Promontory project. It will contain all the class members. Regarding Schenectadies, The Backshops has a model based on Jupiter in the works. I've given them the O'Connor Engineering diagrams, so they will hopefully come out about the same quality as I'm gunning for on the 119. There were about thirty 4-4-0s on CP's roster that matched Jupiter in all details as built, and several (20 or so) on the UP that were very similar but for coal firing and different details, mostly diamond smokestacks and different headlights and headlight brackets. As far as I'm aware, there were only the five engines built by Rogers to the same specifications as 116-120, but I could be wrong.
An evening of detail work finds 119 with part of her builder's markings, a new pilot frame, a properly supported boiler and an easier reverser:
up119_by_trainboi-dcp7z98.png

I've got a book originally owned by the NS's Mechanical Depart at Inman Yard in Atlanta, Georgia and lists the dimensions of the locomotives NS owned in 2006. According to the dimensions of their ES40DC's bought between 2004 and 2006, the distance between coupler pin to coupler pin is 73 feet, 1 3/4 inches, and the height from rails to the top of the air conditioner on top of the cab is 16 foot, 1/2 inches. Also, according to Locomotives The Modern Diesel & Electric Reference, which dates to 2008, the Evolution Series length is 73 foot, 2 inches. According to thedieselshop.us, the height of an ES44AC is 15 foot 5 inches and the length 73 foot, 2 inches. Your height is spot on, but you're 2 feet, 4 inches too long.
EDIT: In case you're wondering, the book I own that previously belonged to NS's Atlanta Mechanical Department has a lot more dimensions regarding length of their diesels, including their EVOS.

The ES44AC/DC is 73' 2" long.

The ET44AC is supposedly 74' 6" long, 2' 4" longer than the earlier models. I suppose it could be over the coupler pins because that is closer to the anti-climber ends than over the coupler faces. With the 74' 6" length over the faces it was noticeably too low compared to the SD70M-2 model. I ended up just making sure it was close to the correct height and live with it.
ET44AC-V1.jpg

Last edited:
Back