Australian screenshots

Wow guys, some awesome shots here. I am very impressed.

Am currently working on the line from Pakenham to Traralgon in Victoria.
Have finished most of Pakenham and am now starting on the first stretch to Nar Nar Goon.
I have posted a few shots of my work so far. Still an amateur compared to what I have seen you guys do so far.

Have one question which I hope someone can help me with. I am looking for the Metro X'trapolis Motor, Metro X'trapolis Tralier
I read something about this in a 2006 post but was unable to find the actual asset, either in freeware or payware version.
Paulztrainz only has the older Comeng available.

Any help would be appreciated and happy to pay.

Cheers.

Pakenham-Station.jpg

Pakenham Station views

Pakenham-Station.jpg

Pakenham Town Scene

Pakenham-Main-Street.jpg

Wow guys, some awesome shots here. I am very impressed.

Have one question which I hope someone can help me with. I am looking for the Metro X'trapolis Motor, Metro X'trapolis Tralier
I read something about this in a 2006 post but was unable to find the actual asset, either in freeware or payware version.
Paulztrainz only has the older Comeng available.
Any help would be appreciated and happy to pay.
Cheers.

Is this what you are looking for? Jamie had produced the 'New' models some time ago.

<kuid:302441:100042> Metro X'trapolis T
<kuid:108621:102306> Metro X'trapolis M New
<kuid:108621:102308> Metro X'trapolis T New

METRO_XTRAPOLIS.jpg

Cheers,
Roy

Hit F12 in game, click on the little tab top right that appears, then hit ‘upload’ and it should work :)

Thanks. Although F12 did nothing, I did notice the capture screenshot icon, and found access to screenshots I'd already taken and an upload to the Portal, so thanks for that.

Let's see if this works given signing in to the portal asks you to sign in to use the gallery, then asks you to sign in to use the gallery (again)
Zig-Zag-Railway-%281910%29-Lithgow-N.S.W..jpg
. IE that's stuffed, but I found my photo.

Roy you're an absolute marvel. ;)

Been looking for these everywhere for over a week now.

Could not find them on the DLS could you please let me know where I can download or purchase these.

Cheers
John

Geez those Xtraps look awesome!
Also top work on the Pakenham section Crocboy, looks great!!

Cheers Tom

Thanks Larco,

Have been looking everywhere for these sets. They are usually parked at Pakenham Station so thought it would be great to have some on my route.

I'll put some more screenshots up in my Trainz Gallery a bit later this week.

Cheers
John

If I'm not mistaken this is the Xtrapolis from MSTS, the only thing is that there's only one "texture-side" for the two sides so it's impossible to correctly reskin it otherwise on side will get the "metro" on the right side and on the other in "mirror mode"

If I'm not mistaken this is the Xtrapolis from MSTS, the only thing is that there's only one "texture-side" for the two sides so it's impossible to correctly reskin it otherwise on side will get the "metro" on the right side and on the other in "mirror mode"

Thanks MF01, was looking for the Xtrapolis for Melbourne - the one on MSTS is the double decker for Sydney Metro line, I believe.

Cheers
John

Over the past twelve months I've been playing around building various models with Sketchup. It's well known that Sketchup models have high polys, so to create something that meets the Trainz standard can be quite difficult. I've been looking for ways to reduce the polys and the overall file-size.

Steve123 and H222 have made impressive models with the Sydney Opera House, Sydney Harbour Bridge and Central Station and I am proud to use them on my Sydney routes.

As an exercise, I re-created Sydney Central Station from scratch, making sure that I didn't go overboard with any circular items, as well as, being very selective in what textures I used. I've found it is far better to create a separate model of the circular object (discard it later), take a photo image of it, colour-correct it, and save that as a texture to past onto a flat surface. I've also found it wise to remove any 'unseen' geometry or things that are not really necessary. Using the 'X-ray' tool helps in this regard. I was finally able to reduce more than 3000 polys in geometry and 125,000 in textures.

Anyway here's a couple of shots of Central Station, which I'll include on my next Sydney route.

2018-08-13_153508.jpg

2018-08-13_155546.jpg

Cheers,
Roy

Back