GMax and 3DSMax (And any other modeling program) screenies/renders

so no hentai?

HAHAHA,

For those who don't know *hentai* means pervert in Japanese Language,

Anyway's something random.

41658472051_c7a6516eca_b.jpg

Cheers.

So guys, Remember the trailing truck frame I built a few days ago and shared a screenshot of it before texturing it? Well here's that trailing truck now, textured with Substance painter and ready to be installed on the locomotive! Well, mostly done, still need to build the brass bushings and get them textured.
Trailing_truck_frame.jpg

I machine castings for a living. Cast steel has the look of fine sand. Yours is way to rough and, a lot on trucks is cut & welded plate.

So I'm in the process of adjusting the textures and wanted some input in getting it to look like the Prototype truckframe of the SP 4449's. Here's the render.
Trailing_truck_frame.jpg

And here's the SP 4449s trailing truck, the only image of it I could find a close up of.
3810410848_31ee1bcb63_b.jpg

So I'm in the process of adjusting the textures and wanted some input in getting it to look like the Prototype truckframe of the SP 4449's. Here's the render.

snip

And here's the SP 4449s trailing truck, the only image of it I could find a close up of.

Pictures are your very best friend, and if this is the only picture you have, then this image is now your lifeline for texturing this bogey. Now, looking at your work, and comparing it to the bogey. Whatever texturing program you're using has a pretty neat cast steel effect, however, it also looks a bit like you assaulted your bogey with golf balls and the real thing just doesn't look like that. The density of your casting imperfections is entirely too high. The real thing has a bit more of a smooth appearance and there are fewer imperfections than what you currently have. I would tune down the bump effect you have going slightly, as that'll help. After that, if you are capable of doing so, adding weld lines would be the next major step to making your trailing truck look better. Beyond that, can't really say much else until you actually have the rest of the bogey built, wheels, journals, break riggings and all.

3810410848_31ee1bcb63_b.jpg

If this is a picture of the bogie your doing. It has very few casting marks on it. The look you have now is more like the casting sat in a swamp for 20 year. Just sayin.

Right,

Thirdly, Logybear commissioned me to make a start on a model of AT&SF #3751 back in November of last year.
That's where he got the driving wheel from.
If there is any defects in the model I made for him compared to the real thing, it's because I did the entire thing from whatever photo's I could dig from the net.
That, and I'm just an Aussie Weaboo and have no idea what I'm doing I guess.

This is how far I got with the model that Logybear commissioned me to draw of the ATSF loco.

Hate to see the forums go wobbly-legged like this over a simple case of mistaken identity.

So, in the wise words of WAR - "Why can't we be friends?"

Cheers,

so is there a faint chance that someone might apologize for wrongly accusing Logybear ? hmmm ?

I'm making it in Blender and the textures well be made in Substance Painter and Photoshop, Substance Painter does not handle lettering as good as Photoshop.

If this is a picture of the bogie your doing. It has very few casting marks on it. The look you have now is more like the casting sat in a swamp for 20 year. Just sayin.
Yeah, I believe you, I've been getting some insight for the height mapping to get it to look right.

What you have there would look good sitting around the yard someplace.

Wow...you really don't like the idea of Logan modelling, huh? Yeah, i get it, he has a bad history, but come on, at the very least he's still trying to be productive. Heaven forbid we actually have more people modelling than leaving, right?

I get it. He's done some stupid stuff. But really, all of a sudden he attempts to model something on his own and all he gets is "wow, that looks like garbage, you should stop modelling". At least he still models trains instead of modelling literal piles of crap.

Back