Weasel2017

So I just started out this week on TMR2017. I love what I have seen so far and am excited to learn more. I'm not sure of the ongoings here but where is the proper place to post questions regarding some of the issues I've come across? I'm still getting my feet wet as I mentioned but the biggest thing i've noticed is some of the download station items don't seem to want to show up in my layout. Is there anyway of knowing which ones aren't usable in TMR2017? At this point it is very hit and miss I'm finding.

Thanks in advance.

Greetings! Newbie here as well (well, as of a few weeks).

How are you downloading the items? I've found the best way (for me) is to use the 'Manage Content' option from the front menu, rather than directly from the website. That will take care of downloading and installing in one go.

Just be sure to alter the dropdown from 'Installed' to 'All Content' (or use the 'Custom...' option that allows you to refine your searches quite comprehensively)

Yes I have been using that option for downloading. Like I said its not all the items, some work great and others don't seem to show up to select in the layout. Not a big concern as I'm usually able to find similar ones that will work. Will keep trying.

Yes I have been using that option for downloading. Like I said its not all the items, some work great and others don't seem to show up to select in the layout. Not a big concern as I'm usually able to find similar ones that will work. Will keep trying.

One ‘gotcha’ I found is that sometimes some items are deliberately differently categorised to where you might expect them...for instance, several items of rolling stock are actually scenery items, so you won’t find them under the ‘train’ menu selector. Could it be something similar?

Last edited:
Like I said its not all the items, some work great and others don't seem to show up to select in the layout.

'some' is not a very useful description. Give an example of an item that doesn't show up. Not all items are designed to be placed in Surveyor: they are part of another item. Yours might be in that category.

'some' is not a very useful description. Give an example of an item that doesn't show up. Not all items are designed to be placed in Surveyor: they are part of another item. Yours might be in that category.

<kuid:101046:102168> Lumber Load 20 for Thrall Centerbeam DES for example.

<kuid:101046:102168> Lumber Load 20 for Thrall Centerbeam DES for example.

That's a commodity - commodities show up when they are loaded on trains. In this case, one of Dave Snow's Thrall Centerbeam Cars which are available for download on the DLS.

That's a commodity - commodities show up when they are loaded on trains. In this case, one of Dave Snow's Thrall Centerbeam Cars which are available for download on the DLS.

Thank you, I will play around with that. I was trying to stack them in the railyard as opposed to using them on the Thrall 73ft.

Appreciate that - lots to learn ;-)

Thank you, I will play around with that. I was trying to stack them in the railyard as opposed to using them on the Thrall 73ft.

Appreciate that - lots to learn ;-)

Do a search for Lumber on the DLS - you'll find plenty you can use for scenery. Look at the columns in your main DLS window, far right. There should be one titled "Type". If not, right click on the menu and add it. This tells you what an asset is, such as commodity, train, route, building, road, just to name a few. Look for lumber that is "Scenery". This is the type you can use for around your yard.

Do a search for Lumber on the DLS - you'll find plenty you can use for scenery. Look at the columns in your main DLS window, far right. There should be one titled "Type". If not, right click on the menu and add it. This tells you what an asset is, such as commodity, train, route, building, road, just to name a few. Look for lumber that is "Scenery". This is the type you can use for around your yard.

I was missing that column, that makes a HUGE difference now that I added it. Thank you

Weasel2017,

If you are enjoying the Brazemore Yard Layout, I have made several more detailed versions of it available on the DLS.

My newest MRR Layout is the Pioneer eXpanded and you can find a thread in the "Freeware" section of the forum concerning it. You will not be disappointed if you want A modern themed layout that is extremely detailed. Just do a search on the DLS and select "username" and put mine in it.

kKSeBeY.jpg

lV0blYI.jpg

Weasel2017,

If you are enjoying the Brazemore Yard Layout, I have made several more detailed versions of it available on the DLS.

My newest MRR Layout is the Pioneer eXpanded and you can find a thread in the "Freeware" section of the forum concerning it. You will not be disappointed if you want A modern themed layout that is extremely detailed. Just do a search on the DLS and select "username" and put mine in it.

Thanks Railhead, its funny you should mention your Pioneer layout. I've actually spent a lot of time checking it out as its uncanny how similar a theme it is to what I was looking at creating. Fantastic job and layout and gives a guy something to strive for ;-)

Thanks Railhead, its funny you should mention your Pioneer layout. I've actually spent a lot of time checking it out as its uncanny how similar a theme it is to what I was looking at creating. Fantastic job and layout and gives a guy something to strive for ;-)

Well as the saying goes, if you can't find it. build it yourself which is pretty much how all my modified layouts came to be.....as for modelling model railroads, I don't think you can beat TMR17

Well as the saying goes, if you can't find it. build it yourself which is pretty much how all my modified layouts came to be.....as for modelling model railroads, I don't think you can beat TMR17

I went through the same dilemma choosing which product to buy and those layouts were a big factor in my decision to go TMR2017. I absolutely love it. I'm not at the point where I can get back into actual builds so this is the next best thing . . . or maybe even better.

A slightly different view

TMR17 has it's place - and it does contain two of my layouts.

But all my subsequent model layouts, and I must confess there now are quite a few, have been in T:ANE. For three reasons:

1. T:ANE has more built-in assets.
  2. Significantly more people have installed T:ANE than TMR.
  3. N3V will provide better support and updates for T:ANE.

I wouldn't go go as far as saying that TMR may turn out to be a dead end, but ... .

And another view:

Regarding the points mentioned above by Phil,

1. I have said this a dozen times, more assets does not mean better quality and it only seems to add more mediocre layouts..........if I could find something like my Pioneer series or even close to them I would not have had to create them....so with less I made more, my opinion but shared by others as well. Personally I'd rather have a few "Quality" routes/layouts then a bunch of "so so" ones.

2. True more people own TANE but remember TMR17 was created for a niche market of MRR lovers not "route" creators which is why TANE was initially created and exceeds in that department.

3. Sad but probably true since that's where the majority of the revenue comes from.

The real issue is that NV3 should have just made TMR17 as an add on bundle as they do now with SP2 instead of a separate standalone item but what is done is done.

Last edited:
The real issue is that NV3 should have just made TMR17 as an add on bundle as they do now with SP2 instead of a separate standalone item but what is done is done.

The reason is it was conceived as a standalone product as an honor and remembrance to the origins of the Trainz product line, which occurred 15 years before. The earliest concepts and eventual marketing and advertising, on TV no less, was as a model railroad simulator. As the product grew up, it moved away from that direction into what we have today starting with TRS2004, with its interactive industries and passenger stations.

Back