Australian screenshots

@Roy,
Oh dear you are copping it a bit huh.
However, having said that and knowing you for what I do there is little doubt hurdles thrust before you will dampen your spirit. Personally I am not at the stage of utilising layers yet. Maybe my next route I will try, but need to learn whet the hell they are all about. Maybe no different than using layers in photoshop!
Keep smiling Roy even through the turbulence.

Cheers,
Val.

Morning,

ARHSQ is running a fictional tour comprising PB15 no.732 with SX SET 41 to Pinkenba starting from Ipswich - Roma Street - Pinkenba as a farewell for line closing in a few weeks in 1993.

Eagle Farm Station
a4addbaddb18a37b221224019c8a6743.jpg

Eagle Farm "End of the wires"
b9063a430175e8041cc87f4ff0f99428.jpg

Approaching Meeandah Platform (Note the EH Holden)
89eb2921723c48af936e4d2cb907f6b8.jpg

Regards,
Lachlan

Hi Roy, as I found last weekend, there is a bug in SP2 where if the asset properties are not set when placed, any properties changed later will not hold their settings. I particularly encountered this with variable speed boards, stations, ATLS crossing triggers and signals.
It might yet be better to wait until HF1 launches. I am making a small test route to ensure it's repeatable before sending a bug report to ensure it gets fixed.
cheers
Graeme

edit: it does not occur on a freshly made route in SP2. It only seems to happen with a route brought in from SP1 or earlier.

Last edited:
Hi Roy, as I found last weekend, there is a bug in SP2 where if the asset properties are not set when placed, any properties changed later will not hold their settings. I particularly encountered this with variable speed boards, stations, ATLS crossing triggers and signals.
It might yet be better to wait until HF1 launches. I am making a small test route to ensure it's repeatable before sending a bug report to ensure it gets fixed.
cheers
Graeme

Thanks Graeme. Good point mate - I may do the same and set up several test routes, then try out the merges to see if I've missed something.

If I can't sort it out now,. I'll wait until the next update. In the meantime, I can always go for a run on your route.

Cheers,
Roy

EDIT: It didn't take long to set up 3 separate baseboard Test routes. A, B & C. Each board had 3 named stations with joining track on a route layer + one tree or building layer. After saving each route I merged the route layers and then named a new route layer such as 1, 2 & 3.
I commenced to merge A with B and saved it as D. Closed the file and reopened D to merge with C, then saved it in D file.

I opened Driver mode and placed a consist on each of the tracks. I tried to set a driver command to Navigate to,.... and only found 3 of the 9 stations listed.

Exactly the same result as my Sydney Central route.

I'll wait for HF1.
Roy
6faa5a248deb1c4a4c7d242aab4e1de3.jpg

Last edited:
Mmm that's worrying Roy3b3. In the future I plan to merge my Japanese routes Electro Island Tane and my upcoming Icarus Shinkansen Routes and have absolutely no desire to have to put each and every station again on the map. So thanks for researching this and warning us.

Besides that Nice routes in this forum :).

Mmm that's worrying Roy3b3. In the future I plan to merge my Japanese routes Electro Island Tane and my upcoming Icarus Shinkansen Routes and have absolutely no desire to have to put each and every station again on the map. So thanks for researching this and warning us.

Besides that Nice routes in this forum :).

Thanks pagroove for nice comment. There are some very good route builders and great asset creators on this Aussie thread.

I've always admired your work;,... so be careful when it's time to merge your routes together. Make sure you do backup cdp's of your routes first.

Cheers mate,
Roy

Thanks pagroove for nice comment. There are some very good route builders and great asset creators on this Aussie thread.

I've always admired your work;,... so be careful when it's time to merge your routes together. Make sure you do backup cdp's of your routes first.

Cheers mate,
Roy

Yes. Thanks will do that. Maybe also bring up the merge issue in the TANE general threads? (just an idea).

I was trying to merge some of my modules together and having issues and was thinking it was just me doing something wrong good to know there is a bug with merging but not good there is one

I was trying to merge some of my modules together and having issues and was thinking it was just me doing something wrong good to know there is a bug with merging but not good there is one

Hi Dave,

The same thing also affects any Portals you may have placed and named. Any portals that generally appear in the 'Navigate to ... ' commands will only appear if they are on the initial (first) route. Any other routes merged with a portal will not show up on this list of commands either.

Cheers,
Roy

EDIT: I've raised a ticket on this matter and will keep you informed.

EDIT: EDIT: I've just had a fast reply from the N3V Team,...

Thank you for your report. I have checked with our team and they report that this should be resolved in the next update for TANE. Once this update is available, please try reproducing this issue and let us know if it still occurs.

Note, you may need to merge the routes again for the stations, industries, etc to be correctly detected.

Many thanks Zec, and have a Happy Birthday mate,
Cheers,
Roy

Last edited:
An unreferbished Queensland Railways EMU 13 is seen on "wrong road" before it's departure at Glasshouse Mountains bound for Landsborough.

QR Guards up until the early 90s where there was No Ticket Sellers or, Porters selling tickets the Guard is on the job, seen he is giving right of way at the doors.

I had re-skinned alby6's EMU with the 70s/80s Logo more "realistic" and, the seats to the Green w/black stripes & Blue for PRIVATE USE.

2936628b3310813f7686a1177f1e1f38.jpg

4703bc8cbd94f74d0a69134063fe6055.jpg

Regards,
Lachlan

Well, I have uploaded to DLS, tried and tested and all seems to be ok but being new to all this maybe others should judge the aesthetics and how well it does/doesn't work. Feedback and critique welcomed, Thats how we improve.

Many thanks to Roy, Graeme, Pguy and others who have guided me.
Cheers to all, enjoy.
Val.

2aec45a826fc25335575467419e5ab2e.jpg

2017-10-17%20175245.jpg
Still in Baldwin colours and with original lamp, V499 leads a mixed train out of Yarra Glen on a foggy morning.

2017-10-17%20175631.jpg

Further on, the V powers across one of the many crossings with it's whistle crying out through the fog.

2017-10-17%20175912.jpg

Coasting through Tarrawarra, V499's safety valves lift before it powers across the flood plains.

2017-10-17%20180238.jpg

At the end of the Tarrawarra straight, the crew make ready to power up the grade.

2017-10-17%20180545.jpg

With compound cylinders working hard, V499 powers up the grade at Tunnel Hill as the fog lifts.

2017-10-17%20181148.jpg

With a parting view, the train steams into Healesville on this now sunny morning.

Regards
Zec

G'Day all,
Val, great effort on your route. A job well done, you should be proud of what you have made.
Nice shot of Marinna Tom.
Great shots Zec, that V class looks better every time I see it.

Approaching Murchison East
cbff130407db90b4f019133ee48aba03.jpg

d9e445a9fb92e70ea134e3182f9d2d84.jpg

cheers
Graeme

Hi Suburbansilvervlogs,,, is this the tunnel you are looking for? it also come in a single tunnel as well and there is a reducer to go from double to two single tunnels,,, however you must lay the track of your choice in either tunnel..

Let me know and i will make them ready for you to download,,,
Regards steve

Back