Model Railroadz

You mean something like this.
8e72e3d40a521d9755c01d00034acc6a.jpg

Dude!! where did you get the fascia and plywood splines for that upper deck!! That's exactly what I need for one of my routes!!!

Dude!! where did you get the fascia and plywood splines for that upper deck!! That's exactly what I need for one of my routes!!!
Yep, blown away from that awesome simplicity of plywood...never thought of it, but now can't imagine not having something like it in future model railroad layouts.

Gotta have that work-in-progress look from now on! :Y:

The upper deck is actually a mesh made in 3ds. The design is Ted Yorks Cajon pass. Featured in Great model railroads.
b402d4f829f1f9725a3e101c799ba69e.jpg

1678434a3ac32a48f9b6013a795dd220.jpg

Which year GMR is that? Either way I never thought of straight up making bench work in a modeling program. That'd be so much easier for me than making it in trainz, lol.

-Ben (scenic failure)

Which year GMR is that? Either way I never thought of straight up making bench work in a modeling program. That'd be so much easier for me than making it in trainz, lol.

-Ben (scenic failure)

GMR 2005. It was featured on the cover. The upper and lower decks were the staging yards. I didn't get very far on the route. ANL
eaad14947eda9f1cc45e614a5474b619.jpg

f7748e0f768eaca595d90f2935aa20b9.jpg

e50463a2573f72e8663d8b1ceb153adc.jpg

Ah, I missed that issue. Anyway, I'll now have to go and try making baseboards in Blender so I can have cool model railroads. lol
If I can get trainz to work again, that is! :p

-Ben

Return to the St. Louis Line

Hot Intermodal train MAIL 3 heads out of Avon Yard after working the Indy Trailvan ramp as TV-55 (left) and TV-5 (center) wait their turn to head west across rural Indiana during what is a typical morning occurrence on this area of the railroad.

Amtrak's Indiana Flyer is eastbound at track speed as it heads toward Indianapolis in this shot in Danville, IN. Amtrak did not operate trains over the Conrail St. Louis Line line during the period I'm modeling so I've added this wrinkle for operational variety.

New video as well.

Everyone have a great weekend.

- J

johnpibbs09 WOW ......Nice work on the route , like to see more of it :D

euromodeller Again WOW ... Nice work

Matt

Last edited:
Cilie Oldphartz

I promised I'd do a logging version of the Cilie Oldphartz model railroad. It's nearing completion but still some work to do. Best watched full screen and at 1080p:

Phil

GMR 2005. It was featured on the cover. The upper and lower decks were the staging yards. I didn't get very far on the route. ANL

If you able release it, I'd be interested. However, given that this is based on an actual model railroad, legal stuff would prevent this model railroadz from ever being available to the rest of the Trainz community. Cajon Pass if one of my favorite mountain passes out west. I have the edition of GMR it was featured in and it's one of many model railroads featured over the years in Model Railroader, Great Model Railroads, and Model Railroad Planning. My favorite passes out west are:
Donner Pass
Tehachapi Pass (well, actually Tehachapi Loop)
Tennessee Pass
Cumbres Pass

There are several other places out west, but they are not mountain passes.

Legal stuff? I don't think there is anything wrong with using a track plan as reference, you just couldn't upload the track plan itself to the DLS. The layout itself is fine. My own Del Creek layout is closely based on a real track plan. Many Model Trainz layouts use track plans as reference. That's what they were made for.

Cheers,
TrainzPlayer14

Last edited:
Legal stuff? I don't think there is anything wrong with using a track plan as reference, you just couldn't upload the track plan itself to the DLS. The layout itself is fine. My own Del Creek layout is closely based on a real track plan. Many Model Trainz layouts use track plans as reference. That's what they were made for.

Cheers,
TrainzPlayer14

I also use track plans, however, I focus on track plans that were not actual model railroads, just track plans. What concerns me about making a route based on an actual model railroad is that if I was to upload the route to the DLS, I would have to contact the owner of the model railroad and ask for his permission to upload a virtual version of his model railroad. Therefore, I stick to track plans found in the numerous track plan books I have to create a model railroadz. It's kinda like reskinning someone else's content, you should ask the original creator of the content you reskinned for permission to release your reskin.

There is a difference between using something as reference and actually reusing it. Using track plans as reference, digital or book is perfectly fine. Reusing something is modifying an original work and publishing it - that you need permission for. Using a published work as reference is fine, like using photos/track plans/diagrams as reference.

Cheers,
TrainzPLayer14

Back