K&L Trainz Steam Locomotive pics!

What can I say!

Url.png

Yep, Facebook.

And I found a way for gmax to create normal maps now. Also how did you make a render in gmax?

Last edited:
The engine has been successfully export and brought into Trainz with no errors. Working on the running numbers and a few minor things then work on the tender will begin. Once the engine and tender are deemed finished, the engine will loose the yellow striping to become the prototypical freight engine, and then i'll be reskinning them for the Chessie Steam Special and American Freedom Train. A few new pieces of rolling stock for the sets will be made soon also! Lots to do!

7ee1203d08c51d3662d485c7390daede.jpg

82899346ab474aa0bcd528d78a1eda0d.jpg

Hate to be a nit-picker, but the font for the running numbers which you used on your C&O Kanawha are more accurate for the T-1 than the other font in the picture...:eek:

Hate to be a nit-picker, but the font for the running numbers which you used on your C&O Kanawha are more accurate for the T-1 than the other font in the picture...:eek:

This model isnt even complete yet, for all we know Steve just used something generic to test it IN GAME....
Just saying..
-Taylor

What hairstyle shares it's name with a wheel arrangement name used by the New York Central?
EDIT: Just to let you know where I got the idea of the post from, I was watching the Mythbuster's A-Team Special, FOOL!

Hey Steve, I've got a suggestion about making another New York Central locomotive. I'm certain you'll like it.
Link:
http://forums.auran.com/trainz/show...-Niagara-NOW-AVAILABLE!&p=1437022#post1437022

You obviously didn't pay attention the to Niagara thread -

Is there any chance that you might make a NYC Mohawk at some point?

There are plans to continue the NYC roster. Bill is working on an NYC 0-8-8-0 at the moment and eventually plans to redo the Mohawk.
While he works on those, i'll continue with the project lists on the website.

Looks fine to me, if not for the numbers being spaced a tiny bit wider.

Still a great mode, Steve.

Spacing seems pretty close to me according to this one. The planes on the model that hold the numbers in the game are set and can't be moved once exported. So the spacing can't vary depending on the running number. The #1s are particularly difficult to place when the numbers are spaced out because it leaves large gaps on either end of the number. So i've chosen the close spacing to allow for more number options to look consistent with spacing.

c1022de3c34fb78b62b49a5ec065fc48.jpg

Last edited:
Back