My Udated Assets that I DIDN'T Update?

If you are seeing errors on these in earlier editions, then please let us know (via this thread) which assets are showing the errors, and what the errors are.

Regards

I'm using TS2010 and Content Manager 3.3 to check these. Some have red faults, others just yellow warnings due to things like unsupported .pm meshes that should really have been fixed in an update. Very easy to spot (if you look) and easy to fix too.

Beacons by Euphod (e.g. <kuid2:7592:15721:1>)

Warning: Progressive meshes are no longer supported by Trainz. Though these meshes may work in Trainz, it is recommended that you switch to a LOD mesh.
Error: No selection for tag 'category-region' in 'scenery'.

DB BRE11 green loco by Rene Stambke (<kuid2:110115:20:1>)

Warning: Progressive meshes are no longer supported by Trainz. Though these meshes may work in Trainz, it is recommended that you switch to a LOD mesh.
Error: No selection for tag 'category-era' in 'traincar'.
Warning: This asset requires a shadow mesh, but the mesh table does not contain one.

There are also some issues with a missing .texture in the original pantograph dependency but I'm not sure how to unscramble that.

AJS stations by Andi06 (e.g. <kuid2:122285:3325:11>)

Warning: The Boolean tag 'opacity' in container 'template-0' is not a valid Boolean value.
Warning: The Boolean tag 'opacity' in container 'template-1' is not a valid Boolean value.
Warning: The Boolean tag 'opacity' in container 'template-2' is not a valid Boolean value.
Warning: The Boolean tag 'opacity' in container 'template-3' is not a valid Boolean value.
Warning: The Boolean tag 'opacity' in container 'template-4' is not a valid Boolean value.
Warning: The Boolean tag 'opacity' in container 'template-5' is not a valid Boolean value.

BR 212 DB loco by my30 (<kuid2:62456:80:1>)

Last edited:
This fixing errors in our content for us is all well and good, but I'm still waiting for the 'read my mind and make what I'm thinking of' app ;-)

Curtis

It appears to be part of the asset clean-up process, some of my products have been updated.
After checking them out the thing that has changed is the config line (in my config);
product-texture "product.tga" this line has been removed and it is no longer required
and stops CMP from showing a (yellow) warning.

What you will find here is that product.tga didn't actually exist in your asset. That is the real problem. When you tell trainz you have a file for it, you need to actually provide that file :)

Can I ask if this is a manual or an automated process

A little from column A and a little from column B.

and is it ongoing or are there still going to be a lot of new faulty assets?

There are problems now being detected that were not previously detected.

Two examples already mentioned in this thread are:

* A 'kind mesh' with no mesh table.
* Referring to a file without actually providing that file.

We will not be uploading fixes to every faulty asset on the DLS. As errors that were not previously detected are being reported, there will be content that is now detected as faulty that was not previously detected, but we do not expect large quantities of it.

We are targeting our fixes on the most widely used content - this is for things that are used as dependencies in a lot of other content, and have large download counts.

I'm using TS2010 and Content Manager 3.3 to check these. Some have red faults, others just yellow warnings due to things like unsupported .pm meshes that should really have been fixed in an update.

We aren't concerned about yellow warnings. These don't stop the asset from showing up in game, and the correct time to fix these is when the asset gets a major update - which should be done by the content creator.

The assets you mention all check out here (they have warnings but no errors). Can you please confirm:

* Did the previous version of this asset as downloaded from the DLS also show the same error in the trainz version you are using?
* Does that asset show faulty in a release TS12?

If the answers are no and yes respectively, then please let me know - I will need to fix it.

And what would You say, when I say to you, you didn't fix the errors? I am not sure, who tried to fix all those objects, but there are so many objects, they are "broken repaired" (German: kaputt repariert)

Assets that are "not faulty" but don't actually work have been a problem with the DLS repair process in the past.

The updates being discussed now have not come from this process, and should not be affected by this issue. If you spot any of the latest batch (anything that has arrived since late last week) that is affected by this problem, please let me know.

The newest I know are two electrical locos from the user "rene_stambke".

I can see the following recent updates to locos for that author:

DR brE11green,<kuid2:110115:20:1>
DR br242,<kuid2:110115:22:5>
DB Cargo br232,<kuid2:110115:235:1>

I've checked these three out, and they do not appear to be "broken repairs" -- they show up in game successfully. I can see them in railyard, and place them in surveyor.

Can you please state which locos you are referring to (listing the KUID is good as the name can be different in different language versions), and also which trainz version you are experiencing the problem in?

I fear the newest updates from BPanther are at the same way.

I hope not - I fixed those assets myself. Please have a look at them and see if they work properly.

Why you did not give the objects in professional hands?

We did. This batch has been done in-house.

I can see the following recent updates to locos for that author:
DR brE11green,<kuid2:110115:20:1>
DR br242,<kuid2:110115:22:5>
DB Cargo br232,<kuid2:110115:235:1>
I've checked these three out, and they do not appear to be "broken repairs" -- they show up in game successfully. I can see them in railyard, and place them in surveyor.
Can you please state which locos you are referring to (listing the KUID is good as the name can be different in different language versions), and also which trainz version you are experiencing the problem in?

1. Did you compare the config.txt?
  2. Did you check warnings?
  3. The E11 shows me one error in ts2010.
  4. The objects contain pm-files instead of im-files.
  5. The objects need shadows, but they don't have any.
  6. The bogeys are not integrated in the bogey container.
  7. The era list is not subsumed in one tag.

My opinion: Either your fix it fully or not.

1. Did you compare the config.txt?
  2. Did you check warnings?
  3. The E11 shows me one error in ts2010.
  4. The objects contain pm-files instead of im-files.
  5. The objects need shadows, but they don't have any.
  6. The bogeys are not integrated in the bogey container.
  7. The era list is not subsumed in one tag.

My opinion: Either your fix it fully or not.

Dear Friends, it seems, there has one fixed some etries in the config.txt.
But I don't understand, why you don't fix the pm-file into im file format and spend a (quickshadow) shadow?

Back